Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

That'S All Folks

<summary: this is Cav's goodbye thread, if you're not interested, pass along thank you>

Well I just got angry over this forum, and I haven't been angry over an internet forum in a long long time. I have never denied I can be rude, condescending, abrasive, impatient and I can't complain if people react to that. I do however take great pride and make great effort to have well thought out opinions and go to huge lengths to get my facts right, and until now, I have never been mocked for that. Until now I felt there was a place for me here as I had something worth saying, and there were people who would read it, and there were some interesting discussions to be had. That's clearly not the case any more, apparently, entertainment consists of winding up someone making a huge effort to get facts right by quoting sources. I admit, that got under my skin in a way nothing else would. And life's too short to let an internet forum do that. If there is no room for serious discussion about F1 here, if pointing out an error, and being right means getting mocked and told I am colour blind, then, this isn't the place for me. I guess I have no sense of humour

At the start of last year, the Sunday Times rated this site and this forum as one of the top 5 Formula 1 sites on the internet:

"It’s the buzzing forum here that gets you hooked. Dive in and stir it up in debates ranging from season predictions to rule changes, and a hundred other hot topics."

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article7041935.ece

I wonder what they would say now..

As a parting gift, I have updated the 'Consolidated F1 Resource Thread' for anyone who still cares. Someone else will have to update it in the future.

This is goodbye. I won't be back, this isn't temporary, and I have no grand delusions about how much everyone will miss me. There's some good people here that I have really enjoyed my discussions with, you know who you are. The best compliment I can give is it would be a privilege to know you in real life.

You'll be back, and we'll probably all be better for it when you are.

Good call to take a break if you aren't having fun. But I know, and you know, and everyone knows it's only a break and if you come back as cavallino or some other name, well, you'll still come back.

Enjoy your time off.

I think a few members have felt the way you are feeling. I can safely say I have.

I've been involved in arguments, felt as if no-one's reading my posts, thought I was being mocked and made mistakes here too. It's natural really. I've left and returned more times than I can count.

I agree that this place potentially isn't as fun as it used to be with quite a lot of members not very active anymore, but it's still a great place to hang out. I've been on many other motorsport forums and there are none that quite give the same atmosphere as TF1 does. One thing I have seen from this site more than any other is that people are prepared to say sorry and forgive very easily, which is great.

As Eric says, enjoy your break. Maybe you'll return one day (hopefully you will), but if you don't, all the best to you and have a great life.

<summary: this is Cav's goodbye thread, if you're not interested, pass along thank you>

Well I just got angry over this forum, and I haven't been angry over an internet forum in a long long time. I have never denied I can be rude, condescending, abrasive, impatient and I can't complain if people react to that. I do however take great pride and make great effort to have well thought out opinions and go to huge lengths to get my facts right, and until now, I have never been mocked for that. Until now I felt there was a place for me here as I had something worth saying, and there were people who would read it, and there were some interesting discussions to be had. That's clearly not the case any more, apparently, entertainment consists of winding up someone making a huge effort to get facts right by quoting sources. I admit, that got under my skin in a way nothing else would. And life's too short to let an internet forum do that. If there is no room for serious discussion about F1 here, if pointing out an error, and being right means getting mocked and told I am colour blind, then, this isn't the place for me. I guess I have no sense of humour

At the start of last year, the Sunday Times rated this site and this forum as one of the top 5 Formula 1 sites on the internet:

"It’s the buzzing forum here that gets you hooked. Dive in and stir it up in debates ranging from season predictions to rule changes, and a hundred other hot topics."

http://technology.ti...icle7041935.ece

As a parting gift, I have updated the 'Consolidated F1 Resource Thread' for anyone who still cares. Someone else will have to update it in the future.

This is goodbye. I won't be back, this isn't temporary, and I have no grand delusions about how much everyone will miss me. There's some good people here that I have really enjoyed my discussions with, you know who you are. The best compliment I can give is it would be a privilege to know you in real life.

There is and old spanish tale: "The one who left without been asked for comes back without a call"

Enjoy your freedom of choice, and come back everytime you wish. I´ll be here. Or not. Bye

Another colour in the rainbow fades to grey....

Hope you come back, Cav. I always enjoy your forthright and very intelligent posts. Our prophet will be sorely missed until his return, like Jesus! :)

You ****ing annoyed me. I wanted to slap you stupid at times. And that anger you felt, you made me feel sometimes. Chris told me you left. I hadn't visited TF1 in a little while due to health matters. I thought "Oh God. Primadonna Time" when I heard, but then I read your words.

Thing is, take that as a compliment. You had a profound effect on me that made me listen to what you actually said. I joined this place in a baptism of fire thanks to you. I may not agree with you, but in your message to me I saw past your barrier.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I believe you make your own luck, and a bloke like you will have plenty of it.

Mine's a JD and coke.

Take care.

Among all the people I would have expected a drama queen move, I must recognize yours took me by surprise :P

So, come back, we've all been through your same frustration (I am still in that phase). You are my only warm personal enemy left. Don't leave me!

Your truly,

Andres

P.S.: And if you really mean to leave then go, and never darken my towels again (mandatory Groucho reference)

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article7041935.ece

All I can say is that not everybody mocked you, I knew you were right from the beginning but when people don't want to listen it doesn't matter if you bring evidence or not they just won't agree with you, just don't mind about those who gave you a hard time and continue to post here for the sake of those who enjoy your presence here.

I do care that you think you're leaving Cav, because I'd rather you didn't - as I've said many times before, it's entertaining having you around.

[EDIT] - You can see I care, because I've written a bloody essay :lol: [/EDIT]

But here's some [Tough love] for you - take it like a man...

I have never denied I can be rude, condescending, abrasive, impatient and I can't complain if people react to that.

So stop frigging complaining!

You have called me all sorts of utterly nasty things and I have never once done anything but laugh about it and take the p**s in return. If you can't take it then don't dish it.

Speaking entirely for myself - I take the p**s because you get angry so easily - it is naughty, but I enjoy it. If you didn't get so mad I wouldn't take the p**s.

I have never understood why I should walk on eggshells around people just because they are more likely to spit the dummy than others. That's just the way I approach life - why do you think we should we treat you with kid gloves just because you like to throw a tantrum once in a while?

I treat Andres like the soothing uncle, because that's what he generally is. I treat Dribs like the combatitive intellectual because that's how I see him. I treat Steph like a chimp and George like an impatient member of the younger generation:P. I treat Eric as an impish little leprechaun (I just pictured him that way - I don't know why). And I treat you as an angry young man because that's how I generally perceive you to be. Those perceptions come as a result of reading people's posts and their reactions to my own - they are half down to who I am and half down to who they are.

Now for god's sake, don't make some crappy, prima donna "I'm leaving forever because of those guys boohoo" post - it just reminds me of Maure's self-flagellation and self pity and his craving for everyone to tell him how much we love him and how much we'll miss him and please don't go yada yada yada. You're leaving because you yourself have chosen to leave - that's your choice and I'm sorry you've made it because I enjoy the entertainment you provide. Everyone will come and say "please don't go" because at the end of the day, they're nice people and they don't like to see anyone feeling upset. If you want to feel warm and cozy from us asking you to stay, then fair enough. On the other hand, if you want some kind of reassurance that you're right about everything you've ever written or that we all love you to bits, then you shouldn't kid yourself that everyone thinks that.

I know you'll be coming back and reading these posts because no one actually makes a "leaving" post without the intention of coming back to see the replies - that would be utterly pointless. Any one who actually wants to leave just leaves. That tells me you don't want to leave, you just want to make your point and you're willing to play the "I'm leaving" card to make sure it sticks. As Eric said - you'll be back.

So hey - why not do something original? - scream something like "You're all ****ing ****s and I hate you!" then just dissappear. Or else - and here's the better option...

Suck it up and be a man. Stick around, keep doing what you do and keep getting wound up about Schumi and anything else we might throw at you. Keep hurling abuse at anyone who p**ses you off and deal with the inevitable p**s taking that you get in return - accept it as par for the course and expect it in return for the vitriolic abuse you throw at others.

You're not a cry baby Cav, so don't act like one. You have admitted you can be rude, so accept that we can too.

As for serious discussion - there is a great one going on right now about Hamilton's drive in the Monaco thread. Perhaps if you can extract yourself from self-pity you can come and join in.

[/Tough love]

[Recommencing gentle love]

Please don't go Cav - you might annoy me sometimes, but the forum's a better place with you around - I'm sorry for taking the p**s - I'll try to be more sensible in future and respect your posts.

I treat Dribs like the combatitive intellectual because that's how I see him.

'Combatitive intellectual', my quintessential buttocks.

Please don't go Cav - you might annoy me sometimes, but the forum's a better place with you around - I'm sorry for taking the p**s - I'll try to be more sensible in future and respect your posts.

Cav, if you ignore everything else, take this one line on board.

'Combatitive intellectual', my quintessential buttocks.

Sorry, that should read 'Combative ineffectual' - I'm always making up wordles.:whistling:

Sorry, that should read 'Combative ineffectual' - I'm always making up wordles.:whistling:

Effluent twat cranium. I like those words.

Aw. I'm happy to be your chimp, Stragsy! :)

Back to topic.

Effluent twat cranium. I like those words.

:lol: I know how "twat cranium" springs to mind, but "effluent" must be you baby's influence surely (or effluence - boom tish).

Aw. I'm happy to be your chimp, Stragsy! :)

Back to topic.

Girly chimp Steph.;)

...but I'd still sell you to medical research.

Yay - it seems I've successfully made Cav's goodbye thread all about me! I am such a ****ing sycophant.

Comon' folks - let's remember what we're here for - no, not the free croisants Eric!

Don't go Cav. Seriously - don't go.

post-2537-061064800 1306929308_thumb.jpe

Come on everyone - puppy dog eyes - they never fail.

Speaking entirely for myself - I take the p**s because you get angry so easily - it is naughty, but I enjoy it. If you didn't get so mad I wouldn't take the p**s.

I have never understood why I should walk on eggshells around people just because they are more likely to spit the dummy than others. That's just the way I approach life - why do you think we should we treat you with kid gloves just because you like to throw a tantrum once in a while?

I treat Andres like the soothing uncle, because that's what he generally is. I treat Dribs like the combatitive intellectual because that's how I see him. I treat Steph like a chimp and George like an impatient member of the younger generation:P. I treat Eric as an impish little leprechaun (I just pictured him that way - I don't know why). And I treat you as an angry young man because that's how I generally perceive you to be. Those perceptions come as a result of reading people's posts and their reactions to my own - they are half down to who I am and half down to who they are.

This is so annoying, jeez! I'm off to make my own leaving thread now.

On a more serious note, I guess 'leaving threads' are a peculiar consequence of how "personal" this forum is. If only we could have all the charm of a small forum where people knew each other, without all the personal grudges and arguments that exist for nothing other than personal reasons. I suppose it says something about us that in having such freedom from moderation we abuse it as much as possible! :lol:

As for you Cav, I think and hope you will continue posting.

"Soothing uncle"? Was "Destroyer of worlds" taken?

Yes

EDIT Hang on - are you trying to get me into more trouble?

Not at all.

Ok, how about "Mighty Titan"? "Ruthless Basher of Lewis"? "The Hymen Breaker"? "Fluffy Pup"?

Not at all.

Ok, how about "Mighty Titan"? "Ruthless Basher of Lewis"? "The Hymen Breaker"? "Fluffy Pup"?

Mr Floppy?

Anyway, I don't want to see you go Cav, but if your mind is made up, then there is little we can say to change it. However, I completely agree, when you find the forum is just making you angry, it's probably not the best state of affairs.

I hope it's just a break for you. There are no certainties in life, bar one. So if you don't mind, I will remain optimistic that you will be back at some point.

Not at all.

:lol:

Which one would you like?

And just when you got people to start justifying their statements... you won't be here to enjoy the results!

I hope you come back sometime :)