Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adnam

Give Ricciardo A Go

If Red Bull / Torro Rosso are so keen for Ricciardo to drive next year, why not give him at least one race this year? It is not like Alguersuari has done anything this year. Some may say that Alguersuari has been unlucky, but that what happens when you are run so back in the field.

Yes and no. For RB I guess they'll be looking for a driver to fill Webber's boots once he leaves. Looking at Buemi and Algiosaurus, it's tricky to see where they'll be going. Selling Torro Rosso makes it harder too. Do they loose their younger drivers if they stick them into TR now? Also - who's to say Ricciardo will do any better? I think it's worth giving him a shot, but I'd be more inclined to give him Buemi's seat for a few races then choose whoch of the three (if any) would be worth bringing over to RB when they sell off TR). Who knows.

Yeah cos Massa will leave Ferrari, Vettel might go to Ferrari, which means Buemi might get the RBR seat which leaves Ricciardo!

Yeah cos Massa will leave Ferrari, Vettel might go to Ferrari, which means Buemi might get the RBR seat which leaves Ricciardo!

To look at the situation realistically, Vettel will not go to Ferrari in my opinion. The Scuderia have always had a No.1/No.2 set up and always will have. It's probably written in stone in Alonso's contract anyway. If they wanted to replace Massa, (and I doubt they will), it would have to be with someone Nando does not view as an immediate threat. Suarez could be that man. Jaime does not have the raw pace needed to succeed and Ricciardo probably does. Personally, I can see Hamilton replacing Webber who has clearly blown two great chances at the WDC, this year and last. My own feelings are that he may retire or go to Force India or even Lotus. I also believe Williams will be looking for a new team leader next year too. Paul Di Resta could fill Hamilton's spot at McLaren. He will certainly keep Jenson honest. I can see the top seven possibly lining up like this:

Red Bull - S. Vettel/L. Hamilton

McLaren - J. Button/P. Di Resta

Ferrari - F. Alonso/L. Suarez

Mercedes - M. Schumacher/N. Rosberg

Renault - R. Kubica/ V. Petrov

Force India - M. Webber/A. Sutil

Torro Rossa - S. Buemi/D. Ricciardo

I heard a romuour that they will Give Ricciardo A Go with TR if one of the drivers ant up to par, about halfway though the season.

Looking forward to seeing what Ricciardo will do in the HRT. Should Alguersuari feel a sigh of relief or be more concerned?