Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caesar

Canada Gp

Achumi you old b#####d! Hats off for the overtaking move on Massa and Kamui

NO NO NO. HEIDFELD : (PARKING) MOVE OF THE RACE! LOL!

Thanks, Montreal, for proving me right in the end. It was a wonderful, typically dramatical and chaotical Montreal race after all! What a battle between drivers I don't like (Vettel, Schumi, Button, Massa) :lol: But, for those few memorable laps, I loved them all.

Actually, not you, Felipe. You still suck :P

GET IN GET IN YOU ****ING BEAUTY. YES! HA HA HA HA **** YEAH BABY!

Did the stewards say that they would investigate the Button/Alonso incident after the race? Might put Jenson's win in danger... hope not though. Wasn't he dead last at one point? Great recovery!

Once it got underway, Montreal was a classic as usual. Glad to see Vettel is human after all (now I can start to like him again.. :lol:). A great drive from JB, kudos, and Schumi was fun too, a shame he missed the podium.

****ING COME ON!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is why I am a Button fan, when he is on, he is ****ing incredible! Most underrated driver of the top teams!

Oh yeah I also want to give congrats to Schumi, we saw his old self in Canada today which I must admit I was overjoyed about! Nice to see Vettel still cracks under intense pressure too :clap3:

:Oh, so there were Buttonites alive, after all :P All it took was one win ;)

My big complaint about Button: after races blaming the team for the car and strategy, my bet is on him talking about "his" strategy. Other than that I reckon that the Alonso Button incident was more a mistake on Buttons' side than Alonso (he was behind the Spaniard, after all) but still a racing incident. Besides that, a truly brilliant drive.

Vettel, as George said, finally finally made a mistake. Webber was briliant the usual mix of brilliant moves and serious blunders and misfortunes. Schumi woke up at least for this race, as soon as he perceived the scent of a podium. Hope he keeps this level.Kamui deserved better. I always felt that Kamui went from underrated to overrated. But this race was a brilliant display from him too, Kubica style. Like Schumi, he deserved better. A low key drive from Petrov, but not too shabby for the accident prone Russian, GO POOCHIE GO!

Heidfeld, so close, yet so far! A shame for the Quick Midget, he was doing reat so far as well. Massa was making me saute my hat with vegetables when he decide to do his usual "Spining in the Rain" number. Glad he could save some points and face at the same time, he deserved the points more than Alonso, and Nando wasn't doing anything particularly bad until then. But Felipe was faste than him ;)

Lewis cannot understand that nobody questions his talent, nor his skin color. It's just the fact that he can't tell if he wants to be a pop-star or a driver. He better chooses which one he wants to be quickly and clears up his act. Because Yuji Ide was thrown out of F1 for causing far less collisions, and he had the excuse of a poor car and the humbleness to apologize right afterwards.

:Oh, so there were Buttonites alive, after all :P All it took was one win ;)

My big complaint about Button: after races blaming the team for the car and strategy, my bet is on him talking about "his" strategy. Other than that I reckon that the Alonso Button incident was more a mistake on Buttons' side than Alonso (he was behind the Spaniard, after all) but still a racing incident. Besides that, a truly brilliant drive.

Vettel, as George said, finally finally made a mistake. Webber was briliant the usual mix of brilliant moves and serious blunders and misfortunes. Schumi woke up at least for this race, as soon as he perceived the scent of a podium. Hope he keeps this level.Kamui deserved better. I always felt that Kamui went from underrated to overrated. But this race was a brilliant display from him too, Kubica style. Like Schumi, he deserved better. A low key drive from Petrov, but not too shabby for the accident prone Russian, GO POOCHIE GO!

Heidfeld, so close, yet so far! A shame for the Quick Midget, he was doing reat so far as well. Massa was making me saute my hat with vegetables when he decide to do his usual "Spining in the Rain" number. Glad he could save some points and face at the same time, he deserved the points more than Alonso, and Nando wasn't doing anything particularly bad until then. But Felipe was faste than him ;)

Lewis cannot understand that nobody questions his talent, nor his skin color. It's just the fact that he can't tell if he wants to be a pop-star or a driver. He better chooses which one he wants to be quickly and clears up his act. Because Yuji Ide was thrown out of F1 for causing far less collisions, and he had the excuse of a poor car and the humbleness to apologize right afterwards.

don't think so,he was holding massa over one sec until decision to go on intermediate tyres,after that came crash with button and end to his race today

I think the Alonso/Button incident was just a racing incident and theres nothing more to it... however I do take offence at you suggesting Button blames the team and strategy all the time... He is in fact, far more humble than you give him credit and ALWAYS thanks the team no matter what job they do, and when he blames the strategy please note he always says we not they as it's a team decision, including himself and he knows that!

Lewis is reverting back to Taz mode which he seriously needs to snap out of a.s.a.p! Like you say no one questions his talent, it's his stupidy that we all question both on and off the track

Finally yes, we Buttonites are still well and truly alive its just I never have the time anymore to go on here all day and show my support for him.

Farce.

I think there should just be a rule saying F1 cars can't race in the wet like with NASCAR. Unbelievably stupid. What's the point in wet tyres if they're never going to use them? F1's always banging on about saving money, so save a lot of money and don't bother with wet tyres.

These guys are supposed to be the best in the world but it seems every wet race now we have to have an SC start and a lengthy red flag to make for them to make sure their hair isn't being ruined.

As for DRS. Don't get me started. Stupid, stupid concept.

A device that allows another driver just to fly straight past another who has no chance to defend his position? That's taking all skill and ability out the equation and not in the spirit of proper racing either. Get rid of it.

Other than that, okay-ish race I guess.

I think the Alonso/Button incident was just a racing incident and theres nothing more to it... however I do take offence at you suggesting Button blames the team and strategy all the time... He is in fact, far more humble than you give him credit and ALWAYS thanks the team no matter what job they do, and when he blames the strategy please note he always says we not they as it's a team decision, including himself and he knows that!

We agree on Button vs Alonso incident. About thanking the team, it doesn't mean too much. Every driver thanks their team at some moment or another during the weekend. The same way the thank their sponsors. I never blamed Button of complaining too much but this year Button (both of Macca's drivers, in fact) had been complaining a deal lot more than usual. Turkey comes to mind. I am sorry if you take offense, I don't consider it that serious, though ;) I only brought it forward because this forum seems to keep tally of only one of the drivers complaints and forgets about everybody else

Lewis is reverting back to Taz mode which he seriously needs to snap out of a.s.a.p! Like you say no one questions his talent, it's his stupidy that we all question both on and off the track

Yup. To make myself even clearer: If Lewis indeed was just a driver as Yuji Ide, then nobody would have been as mad as we non-Hamilton fans are. The fact that the guy is undoubtedly one of the two or three most gifted drivers on the grid yet still keeps acting like that on and off the track is what p**sed us (well, at least me) the most. He loves to compare himself with Ayrton, but throwing tantrums all around was not what made Ayrton a great driver. Hendrix wasn't great because he burnt a guitar on stage.

Finally yes, we Buttonites are still well and truly alive its just I never have the time anymore to go on here all day and show my support for him.

If it brought you back then it was worth a Button's win :D

Too bad I gave up hopes of the race restarting & opted for zzz.

Vettel might be feeling bitter about losing out on first place, but he should be still happy about the big picture. His rivals are too inconsistent; they continue to take turns among themselves in churning out good performances. Vettel's way more consistent.

Still, good drive by Jenson. He made the most of the rain.

Webber did well to finish 3rd.

And yes, Schumi! Sad to see him losing out narrowly on the podium. 0.3 seconds! He still has something to offer!

Yup. To make myself even clearer: If Lewis indeed was just a driver as Yuji Ide, then nobody would have been as mad as we non-Hamilton fans are. The fact that the guy is undoubtedly one of the two or three most gifted drivers on the grid yet still keeps acting like that on and off the track is what p**sed us (well, at least me) the most. He loves to compare himself with Ayrton, but throwing tantrums all around was not what made Ayrton a great driver. Hendrix wasn't great because he burnt a guitar on stage.

+1 agree

Lewis has been acting like a muppet the last couple of races. There is aggression and controlled, focused aggression. He's had too much of the former and not enough of the latter... punting people off on what looked like impossible moves... Lewis, mate - you have a brake pedal, try to use it occasionally instead of just closing your eyes and aiming for the gap....

One of Jenson's best drives - esp. considering the number of visits to the pit and accidents. It would be good to see Jense driving at this level consistently - would certainly keep Vettel on his toes...

Good to see a glimmer of the former Schui too

was jense making fun of vettel here?

I do hope so :)

I have always been a Button fan but that took my breath away. It was the best piece of Grand Prix driving I have seen in several decades. He was ten car lengths off the hissing spanners in 21st place at the penultimate SC appearance. Poor old Lewis. Perhaps an unwise move in such precarious conditions. Great drives too from Schumi, Webber and Kobi. World class entertainment all round.

Nice to hear JB has cleared the Stewards on both counts. He deserved the win, no doubt about it.

What a marathon session that was. 5 1/2 hours of GP action (well at least 2hrs anyway). I thought the BBC would bin the program when it was red flagged and replace it with a repeat of Eastenders or some other Sh#te, but they didn't, they stuck with it, so credit is due.

I think there should just be a rule saying F1 cars can't race in the wet like with NASCAR. Unbelievably stupid. What's the point in wet tyres if they're never going to use them? F1's always banging on about saving money, so save a lot of money and don't bother with wet tyres.

These guys are supposed to be the best in the world but it seems every wet race now we have to have an SC start and a lengthy red flag to make for them to make sure their hair isn't being ruined.

JHS makes a good point. Anyone remember the old days when a wet race was just like any other race...but wet. The drivers knew the score, the teams knew the score and the public knew the score. It was a chance for those drivers with real talent to showcase their skills and put themselves on the map. Now we have safety car starts and every chance that the race will be red flagged. I'm not saying that yesterdays race shouldn't have been red flagged, it should, it was too wet for the cars and tyres an visibility was down to zero. But the restart after the red flag was a joke. How many laps did the safety car do? 7 or 8 and then it was time for inters rather than the wets. The race should of started after 2 laps behind SC.

Hamilton needs to sort himself out. Get himself away from all these celebs, hip hop and rap stars that gravate towards him and that I don't know the names of, lock himself in a quiet, dark room and just think. Then, when he's ready, come out of the room and drive the car. I am sure he'll be better for it. I'm a fan of his driving, but not a fan of his celeb lifestyle soap oprea that he leads. Is this the price he has to pay for going out with a woman who's career is built on being in the celebs gossip magazines and having Simon Fuller as your manager? If so, the price is too high.

Button was fantastic. Easily his best ever drive. He looked emotionally drained in the press conference. I expected him to be bouncing and full of energy and smiles but he looked shattered. Vettel was so close to taking another victory, but he still managed to extend his championship lead. Webber made mistakes as usual. Schumi silenced his critics for now. I expect normal service to be resumed in Valencia with Rosberg showing him the way home. What happend to Rosbery in this race? Can Force India get rid of Sutil? Get Hulkenberg in that car, he's got to be better that Sutil. Every race he brings back a damaged car and no points. He has 8 pts so far this season. For a driver of his experience that's too few. Thanks Adrian, but no thanks, you've had your chance, now make way and let some else have a turn.

We agree on Button vs Alonso incident. About thanking the team, it doesn't mean too much. Every driver thanks their team at some moment or another during the weekend. The same way the thank their sponsors. I never blamed Button of complaining too much but this year Button (both of Macca's drivers, in fact) had been complaining a deal lot more than usual. Turkey comes to mind. I am sorry if you take offense, I don't consider it that serious, though ;) I only brought it forward because this forum seems to keep tally of only one of the drivers complaints and forgets about everybody else

If it brought you back then it was worth a Button's win :D

I must say I do disagree with Button whingeing and blaming everyone but himself... he is one of the more humble drivers and is very much a team player. Then again I could be biased as I am a 'Buttonite'.

Anyway I have to say when is at his best he is arguably the best driver on the track as yesterday showed. Over a second faster than everyone else is nothing but incredible such was his pace. I just wish he would drive like that all the time and not be quite so cautious all the time. Like a lot of people say, he needs to take some of Hamiltons aggression and Hamilton needs to take some of Button's qualities for them both to be right up there in the thick of it all the time.

Nico Rosberg: "It was a very demanding race this afternoon. In general, everything was okay with my car and, at the end, I was up there in the points but I made a mistake at the hairpin on lap 66. I was trying to overtake Kobayashi and was very close behind him in turn 10; he slowed when I didn't expect it, I hit the back of him and damaged my front wing, which then came off on the last lap.

Nick Heidfeld: "Naturally, the main disappointment for me is that I didn't finish the race. I was behind Kamui (Kobayashi) and then something happened. He slowed down suddenly and I hit the back of him, which resulted in my front wing coming off and me going off the track.