Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caesar

Canada Gp

Nico Rosberg: "It was a very demanding race this afternoon. In general, everything was okay with my car and, at the end, I was up there in the points but I made a mistake at the hairpin on lap 66. I was trying to overtake Kobayashi and was very close behind him in turn 10; he slowed when I didn't expect it, I hit the back of him and damaged my front wing, which then came off on the last lap.

Nick Heidfeld: "Naturally, the main disappointment for me is that I didn't finish the race. I was behind Kamui (Kobayashi) and then something happened. He slowed down suddenly and I hit the back of him, which resulted in my front wing coming off and me going off the track.

Kamui´s secret weapon!!!!

Hey you guys :nono1: I don´t agree with you: I remember an Spa start with rain and 19 cars involved in a 1st corner accident! The problen didn´t is th rain is the track with lots of water because of its poor draining! It is a crap of a track in a country with zillion of rain days per year! Some new tilke tracks has the same problem... and remember there are no spare cars as in 80s and 90s.

The man is an idiot or he was drunk... or he is an idiot becuse he was drunk during a F1GP... or he was an idiot because there was a F1 GP near his job and he was drunk... or he never had rollers with wt tyres... or...

for a moment i thought you are talking about kimi.

poor guy was just old,fat and slow. i am not talking about JPM.

Only way that could have been more comical was if he was wearing a clown costume.

I sincerely hope someone makes that into a break dance remix.

something like this?

Great GP. Brilliant ending. Good to see Jenson win & Michael look good. Lewis needs to chill.

Quite a summary of 5 1/2 hours of racing :lol: But yes, that was the Montreal GP in a shell.

More reflections:

Liuzzi 13th: hey, considering that Alonso's championship is going nowhere, and that Team Poochie is still far away from being a contender, I think I will go back to my previous support for Vitantonio. Go, Liuzzi, go! Oh, well. In any case he (and NK) managed to close the gap with Team Air Malaysia We Are Lotus But We Ain't Lotus But Yes We Are. Not bad for the guys that have no car, no budget, no testing, no drivers, no sponsors and which closest competitor always seems to be the 107% rule.

De La Rosa: I know that compared to his more illustrious team mate it was a shameful display, but it is still worth noting that he managed to finish in the same lap as the winner, despite being called to ride in a car he never drove before, having no real experience with DRS and KERS, with duct tape covering the sponsors on his flame suit and pedals adjusted for Perez. Talk about a car "not suiting his driving style"!

Sat in front of the tv at 12pm. Watched motogp, played GT5 for two hours, watched the F1, finished watching tv at 10.30pm.

Mammoth amount of mototorsport.

Up at 4.30am with my boy this morning. Big travelling today. Would love to write lengthy analysis, but can't.

Whisky and pyjama bottoms now. Eyes closing, my parting thoughts are, 'well done Button, well done Michael, calm down Lewis'.

Worth the wait.

Unlike this post.

Goodnight.

my driver of the day has to be schumi even tho i dont like him and im a mclaren fan. he made no mistakes whereas everyone else did. vettel lost the race cuz of a mistake, hamilton took himself out, button hit alonso, alonso hit button, webber slipped up a few times trying to pass schumi and he took too long to do it, webber also butchered the last chicane which let jenson past, massa crashed his car for fun, rosberg hit kobayashi, heidfeld hit kobayashi etc.

what is everyone's view of what massa said about karthikayan? he blames narain for the incident but from what i saw that was all on him. what he said doesnt even make sense. narain drove slowly compared to him cuz his car sucks not cuz he was just cruising around. u can see this when massa pulls offline, he doesnt actually just zoom by narain, he's offline for a second or two and doesnt really gain on him before he decided to bin it into the wall. he then blames his crash on narain cuz narain sped up once massa got on the wet. i dont even understand what massa is trying to say here. even if narain did do that, i dont see why narain speeding up would cause massa to lose control as massa was still a few car lengths behind him. massa just panicked and crashed. i dont think it was even the wetness of the track that caused it. cuz if u look at when jenson passed webber after webber went way wide thru the last chicane, jenson had to swerve violently on to the wet part of the track to avoid him; and he did it while accelerating. but jenson never even came close to losing control of the car. if u watch the replay he was in control the whole time, the car never lost grip/turn sideways etc. so i dunno what massa did, he just screwed it all up himself and is looking for someone to blame.

Wow!

Just finished watching - what an awesomely awesome race. Epic.

Button - incredible drive and well deserved win.

Vettel - never mind, second and an extension to his lead shouldn't bother him in the slightest.

Webber - good comeback although I would have prefered to have seen Schumi get a podium.

Schumi - brilliant - if only he could match that performance every week! Cav! come back and celebrate.

Petrov - would have liked to see ore of his race.seemed farily solid and poochie didn't drop the strategy ball this time.

Massa - solid performance in conditions we know he doesn't like. And a thrilling overtake on the line for 6th.

Kobayashi - in a perfect world, he and di Resta would have come in 4the and 5th.

Algiosauris, Barrichello and Buemi - nice to see these three picking up some points although really di Resta should have had a few of them.

Too many incidents to talk about. I think the marshals got it about right in general. plenty of racing incidents which are bound to happen in those conditions.

Kamui´s secret weapon!!!!

Hey you guys :nono1: I don´t agree with you: I remember an Spa start with rain and 19 cars involved in a 1st corner accident! The problen didn´t is th rain is the track with lots of water because of its poor draining! It is a crap of a track in a country with zillion of rain days per year! Some new tilke tracks has the same problem... and remember there are no spare cars as in 80s and 90s.

:whistling:

Kobayashi spells trouble for drivers in Canada

Kamui Kobayashi may have made up for a difficult weekend by grabbing six points in the Canadian Grand Prix, but it was not before the 24-year-old made the outing even more demanding for several other drivers in the rain-affected race.

Kobayashi finished seventh, after being demoted by the Ferrari of Felipe Massa a few feet from the finish line, in what his victims at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve would deem as an apt punishment.

Nick Heidfeld suffered the harshest of the lot as he lost his front wing, which bid farewell to the car and stuck underneath the R31 after a tussle with Kobayashi, halting his race 15 laps from the end with Renault's team principal Eric Boullier pointing out that the Japanese driver was "unusually slow on exit" at turn two during the incident.

"I was behind Kamui and then something happened," the German explained. "He slowed down suddenly and I hit the back of him, which resulted in my front wing coming off and me going off the track. I was on track for fifth and some good points, so it’s frustrating"

Pastor Maldonando was the next to follow while running in tenth with nine laps remaining. The Williams driver ran wide to avoid an incident with Kobayashi but collected a Mercedes and damaged his front wing after the final Safety Car period.

"Kobayashi made a mistake at the first corner, Rosberg braked in front of me in response and I collided with him," the rookie driver said. "That broke my front wing so I had to make a stop."

Veteran teammate Rubens Barrichello was not spared either.

"Starting from 16th, I am happy that I managed to score more points for the team," Barrichello said. "Unfortunately, it should have been more but I lost a potential sixth or seventh place when I went offline to avoid Kobayashi after the last safety car went in. He ran wide while overtaking a backmarker and rejoined the track without seeing that I was there. I was then forced offline and lost a lot of positions."

Rosberg was in a points-scoring position but damaged his front wing after contact with Kobayashi on lap 66, consequently losing the damaged wing four laps later. The German driver finished just outside the points in eleventh as a result.

"In general, everything was okay with my car and, at the end, I was up there in the points but I made a mistake at the hairpin on lap 66," the Mercedes GP driver admitted. "I was trying to overtake Kobayashi and was very close behind him in turn 10; he slowed when I didn´t expect it, I hit the back of him and damaged my front wing, which then came off on the last lap."

Regardless, starting from 13th on the grid and losing out on sixth place by only a couple of hundredths of a second was a commendable effort. "We really enjoyed watching Kamui Kobayashi who delivered a fantastically spirited drive," Pirelli's motorsport director Paul Hembery said.

The Sauber driver did admit on Saturday that he was having trouble tackling the circuit, with driving over the kerbs as the biggest problem, compounded with an overall lack of grip and found it tricky to get to the limit with the car.

"We have scored points and in the end this is most important," he said after the race. "We have proved we are good in the wet, but when the track became dry my pace wasn’t good enough to defend my position. Originally I qualified 13th so then it is not bad to finish seventh.

Kamui Kobayashi's mascot

kobayashi2-150611.jpg

:whistling:

Kobayashi spells trouble for drivers in Canada

Kamui Kobayashi may have made up for a difficult weekend by grabbing six points in the Canadian Grand Prix, but it was not before the 24-year-old made the outing even more demanding for several other drivers in the rain-affected race.

Kobayashi finished seventh, after being demoted by the Ferrari of Felipe Massa a few feet from the finish line, in what his victims at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve would deem as an apt punishment.

Nick Heidfeld suffered the harshest of the lot as he lost his front wing, which bid farewell to the car and stuck underneath the R31 after a tussle with Kobayashi, halting his race 15 laps from the end with Renault's team principal Eric Boullier pointing out that the Japanese driver was "unusually slow on exit" at turn two during the incident.

"I was behind Kamui and then something happened," the German explained. "He slowed down suddenly and I hit the back of him, which resulted in my front wing coming off and me going off the track. I was on track for fifth and some good points, so it’s frustrating"

Pastor Maldonando was the next to follow while running in tenth with nine laps remaining. The Williams driver ran wide to avoid an incident with Kobayashi but collected a Mercedes and damaged his front wing after the final Safety Car period.

"Kobayashi made a mistake at the first corner, Rosberg braked in front of me in response and I collided with him," the rookie driver said. "That broke my front wing so I had to make a stop."

Veteran teammate Rubens Barrichello was not spared either.

"Starting from 16th, I am happy that I managed to score more points for the team," Barrichello said. "Unfortunately, it should have been more but I lost a potential sixth or seventh place when I went offline to avoid Kobayashi after the last safety car went in. He ran wide while overtaking a backmarker and rejoined the track without seeing that I was there. I was then forced offline and lost a lot of positions."

Rosberg was in a points-scoring position but damaged his front wing after contact with Kobayashi on lap 66, consequently losing the damaged wing four laps later. The German driver finished just outside the points in eleventh as a result.

"In general, everything was okay with my car and, at the end, I was up there in the points but I made a mistake at the hairpin on lap 66," the Mercedes GP driver admitted. "I was trying to overtake Kobayashi and was very close behind him in turn 10; he slowed when I didn´t expect it, I hit the back of him and damaged my front wing, which then came off on the last lap."

Regardless, starting from 13th on the grid and losing out on sixth place by only a couple of hundredths of a second was a commendable effort. "We really enjoyed watching Kamui Kobayashi who delivered a fantastically spirited drive," Pirelli's motorsport director Paul Hembery said.

The Sauber driver did admit on Saturday that he was having trouble tackling the circuit, with driving over the kerbs as the biggest problem, compounded with an overall lack of grip and found it tricky to get to the limit with the car.

"We have scored points and in the end this is most important," he said after the race. "We have proved we are good in the wet, but when the track became dry my pace wasn’t good enough to defend my position. Originally I qualified 13th so then it is not bad to finish seventh.

Kamui Kobayashi's mascot

kobayashi2-150611.jpg

:thbup:for effort, i presume that mascot is your handcraft

Hmm - all this stuff about Kobayseems like nonsense to me. With the Heidfeld incident (the only one we actually saw as far as I remember) Kobay got slightly offline and so couldn't get the power down when Nick expected him to. Nick then accelerated into the back of Kobay.

Lesson - if the guy in front gets slightly ragged exiting a corner, be prepared not to floor it unless you have you nose pointed elsewhere than up his gear box. If you do decide to run into the back of him then you've only got yourself to blame.

:thbup:for effort, i presume that mascot is your handcraft

That picture was in the article I posted, it looks like it is really his(KK) mascot but I can no be sure of that.

Hmm - all this stuff about Kobayseems like nonsense to me. With the Heidfeld incident (the only one we actually saw as far as I remember) Kobay got slightly offline and so couldn't get the power down when Nick expected him to. Nick then accelerated into the back of Kobay.

Lesson - if the guy in front gets slightly ragged exiting a corner, be prepared not to floor it unless you have you nose pointed elsewhere than up his gear box. If you do decide to run into the back of him then you've only got yourself to blame.

I was just pointing at how many drivers were complaining about his driving in that race, we don't know but he might have been driving with some problem that caused this behavior, one thing I am sure and is that he didn't do it trying to create some trouble to the guy behind.

A good race, and there were several this year.

Apparently there were 125 (or more) passes at Montreal this year, and 26 or 27 of them were done by J. Button alone.

Monaco was still crap though, despite DRS, KERS, and degradable Pirelli tires. So probably no hope for Valencia either.

Monaco was still crap though, despite DRS, KERS, and degradable Pirelli tires. So probably no hope for Valencia either.

A little unfair, I think. We were denied a spectacle. We would have got one, if not for the red flag.

I suspect Valencia will be interesting; pepped up by the variables you mention. I hope Rosberg will see sense and stuff it in the barriers for Michael to take a win. :naughty:

A little unfair, I think. We were denied a spectacle. We would have got one, if not for the red flag.

I suspect Valencia will be interesting; pepped up by the variables you mention. I hope Rosberg will see sense and stuff it in the barriers for Michael to take a win. :naughty:

I agree changing those tires was not a good think for the show but perfectly legal unfortunately.