Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIDEPOD

Latest Pics Of Kubica!!

Ok, this does not look good. Some doctor treating athletes in Poland took a good look at these pics and opined that Kubica will not be racing any time soon. First of all, he seems to have trouble walking, which indicate knee/hip/joint problems. secondly, his hand is swollen and the thumb fingernail longer then on other fingers indicating circulation issues. Two small fingers are curled up indicating loss of control/mobility (but that could be temporary due to muscle tone loss from inactivity). Overall - yes, he is recoovering fast, but serious problems likely persist. Not to mention that we were to hear the prognosis mid-June, but we haven't yet. In fact, the prognosis time has been moved to August.

I don't know about you, but I worry...

I'm afraid judging by these pics we have lost Kubica as we knew him... He could still return to F1 but he is certainly not going to be as good as he was. Such a shame but thats life!

Ok, this does not look good. Some doctor treating athletes in Poland took a good look at these pics and opined that Kubica will not be racing any time soon. First of all, he seems to have trouble walking, which indicate knee/hip/joint problems. secondly, his hand is swollen and the thumb fingernail longer then on other fingers indicating circulation issues. Two small fingers are curled up indicating loss of control/mobility (but that could be temporary due to muscle tone loss from inactivity). Overall - yes, he is recoovering fast, but serious problems likely persist. Not to mention that we were to hear the prognosis mid-June, but we haven't yet. In fact, the prognosis time has been moved to August.

I don't know about you, but I worry...

:eusa_think:

Am I missing something from this link like a video or something? I am no Doctor, but I have taken a few pix in my time, mostly naked ones of Andres and even I know that the camera can and does lie.......even I can even make Andres look like he has a normal appendage.

Anyway, the Doctor may well be right, but I would have thought that basing a decision on some still pix (was there a lot more than appear on that site?) would be a gamble at best???

If I were you, I wouldn't worry until there is something definite to worry about. Besides, I think he looks quite well in pic 11.

Well, actually there is a video from which these stills were taken. Kubica's Manager had a press conference in Poland where he said the pics and the video are several weeks old and that RK is about 2 weeks ahead of his recuperation program. Morelli also hinted that Kubica may be driving his car already. On the other hand, the rumours have it that Renault is looking for sponsors for Senna, Heidfeld is hoping to retain his seat even after RK comes back, and that Renault is trying to decide if they want to stick with Kubica in 2012. I think that's why Kubica (or rather his manager) wants to drive in 2011 - to show that he is still a viable driver and get him a seat for 2012.

Note that only his hand is immobilized. He walks almost normally and both knees are bending just fine.

Well, actually there is a video from which these stills were taken. Kubica's Manager had a press conference in Poland where he said the pics and the video are several weeks old and that RK is about 2 weeks ahead of his recuperation program. Morelli also hinted that Kubica may be driving his car already. On the other hand, the rumours have it that Renault is looking for sponsors for Senna, Heidfeld is hoping to retain his seat even after RK comes back, and that Renault is trying to decide if they want to stick with Kubica in 2012. I think that's why Kubica (or rather his manager) wants to drive in 2011 - to show that he is still a viable driver and get him a seat for 2012.

Cool, that sounds a lot more positive.

Anyway, I was more worried that he was getting into a Laguna than anything else :whistling::lol:

:eusa_think:

Am I missing something from this link like a video or something? I am no Doctor, but I have taken a few pix in my time, mostly naked ones of Andres and even I know that the camera can and does lie.......even I can even make Andres look like he has a normal appendage.

Anyway, the Doctor may well be right, but I would have thought that basing a decision on some still pix (was there a lot more than appear on that site?) would be a gamble at best???

If I were you, I wouldn't worry until there is something definite to worry about. Besides, I think he looks quite well in pic 11.

My sentiments, exactly.

No, wait a minute...

Note that only his hand is immobilized. He walks almost normally and both knees are bending just fine.

This one is indeed a much view of his overall condition.

He seems to be lively and on top of the situation, judging from his body language!

If only his body can do him the favor and heal completely or at least well enough, he can be up there again!!

I sure hope so!

This one is indeed a much view of his overall condition.

He seems to be lively and on top of the situation, judging from his body language!

If only his body can do him the favor and heal completely or at least well enough, he can be up there again!!

I sure hope so!

Note that in 23rd second of the vid he looks up and says "how're you doing" in Polish. Probably responding to a fan. And his body language seems to indicate he is actually pleased that somebody greeted him. AND if this vid is really several weeks old, then things may be going OK. Now if only Renault will have enough money to get him back...

Bollocks. I thought they were rudey nudeys. You b#####ds.

I don't think that's a bad thing at all. The injuries Robert sustained were extremely severe and making sure he has plenty of time to heal and recuperate is a smart move in my opinion. Renault have little to gain from putting him back in the car this season, and a lot more to lose.

[quote name='Delta' timestamp='1315102196' post='337364']
I don't think that's a bad thing at all. The injuries Robert sustained were extremely severe and making sure he has plenty of time to heal and recuperate is a smart move in my opinion. Renault have little to gain from putting him back in the car this season, and a lot more to lose.
[/quote]
Indeed.

It was always unlikely he would return to racing this season, and aside from any problems from his injuries he would be out of form anyway after not racing for so long, so I don't see any problem with that. It's better that he tests a car this year to assess his level.