Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kopite Girl

Musically Gifted?

We know that our very own Insider followed his dream and now rocks out around the world (how cool is that?!) but is there any other forum members who play an instrument or sing or can create music electronically? You don't have to be in a band, you may just like it as a hobby.

I learned by ear to play myself on a cheap second hand junior acoustic. I got good. Bought a Strat and re-strung it from a right hander to a left hander (yeah, just like Jimi, though I did have trouble with the strap as the adjustment buckle kept digging in to my shoulder, so I switched it!) and just make my own little songs up as I go. I can also play piano/keyboards and learned by ear on that too and have been known to belt out a few songs (I sang at my best mates wedding when I was his 'best man' and got paid to sing at a local event when I was 19 not that i'm bragging. I'm not!)

So. Which of you have musical talent? Which of you would love to play/sing? What is your instrument of choice. My next buy will be a drum kit! :D :D

I play guitar and keyboards. I sing. I write electronic music.

I play with my beef bugle.... :D

You must have such dainty, delicate fingers.

Edit: Typed suck instead of such, Freudian slip, me thinks :lol:

We know that our very own Insider followed his dream and now rocks out around the world (how cool is that?!) but is there any other forum members who play an instrument or sing or can create music electronically? You don't have to be in a band, you may just like it as a hobby.

I learned by ear to play myself on a cheap second hand junior acoustic. I got good. Bought a Strat and re-strung it from a right hander to a left hander (yeah, just like Jimi, though I did have trouble with the strap as the adjustment buckle kept digging in to my shoulder, so I switched it!) and just make my own little songs up as I go. I can also play piano/keyboards and learned by ear on that too and have been known to belt out a few songs (I sang at my best mates wedding when I was his 'best man' and got paid to sing at a local event when I was 19 not that i'm bragging. I'm not!)

So. Which of you have musical talent? Which of you would love to play/sing? What is your instrument of choice. My next buy will be a drum kit! :D :D

I have absolutely no musical talent whatsoever, but that doesn't stop me making a noise on the guitar :lol:

Everyone should own a set of drums. Great for stress management! I bought an electronic kit a few months ago. A lot of fun! My neighbours aren't so vocal about my hobby now that I practice on that. :)

I play guitar and keyboards. I sing. I write electronic music.

Got a link for your electronic stuff? Would like to hear. I've been listening to Skrillex lately. Love that dirty electro

Keyboards/Piano here.

Electronic music as a hobby every now and then. Steve, a Reason Software user?

Keyboards/Piano here.

Electronic music as a hobby every now and then. Steve, a Reason Software user?

No, I use Ableton. I have also used Cakewalk.

My near 4yo daughter plays a recorder...she can get two notes out of it...loud....and ridiculously loud. Does that count? :eusa_think:

I don;t know about gifted but I play the guitar and am slightly obsessive about music,

My latest baby is a Rickenbacker 12 string, which bankrupt me but was worth it

Got a link for your electronic stuff? Would like to hear.

Not got it public anywhere. Maybe I should. Any suggestions where?

You little secretive vixen, you :) You are probably a lot better than me! I started doing scales daily for the first time in my life last year to combat the onset of arthritis. Apart from that, I haven't practised since I was 12! I use very lightweight Telecasters nowadays as I suffer from Ankylosing Spondylitis at the top of my spine. Sounds wimpy doesn't it but something has to wear out eventually. I'll rock on until I die though!

Not got it public anywhere. Maybe I should. Any suggestions where?

Create a profile at Reverbnation or MySpace and upload mp3s. Go for it

Sounds like we have a band now. I'll call Warner Bros........................... :)