Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Circuits To Ditch Formula 1

Whoa, back the truck up, Nelly!

Head on over to Pitpass and read the story about the circuits putting an ultimatum to the FIA - keep the big throaty engines, or we stop running Formula One. A joke? I hear you say...not at all if you take the time to read the three page article. Pitpass is a source of info that is credible, and often copied (word for word at times) by other F1 sites. They have real journo's and Chris Sylt is influential in F1 circles...I don't think that this threat is idle at all.

What the FIA will do now, we will have to wait and see, but the poignant part of the article can be found in the last paragraph where it is noted that the 17 circuits voice is controlled by ONE person, acting as proxy for all the other circuits (except for China and Korea) - this is indeed a far cry from the teams and their committees and sub committees and subterfuge.

The circuits don't need F1 - they lose money on it....but the FIA needs the circuits.

Green, schmeen....rearrange the calendar to stop zig zagging the globe and the sport would burn less fuel....

Now I believe the fireworks should be starting very soon.....

The engines are still under discussion though, well certainly the rev limit is, so no need for any ultimatums just yet.

"And although the meeting was not an official gathering of the Technical Working Group, it is understood a letter was sent from the teams to the FIA's Charlie Whiting expressing their support for the V6 plan that was put forward earlier this week - with a few minor tweaks which included lifting performance from a 12,000rpm limit up to 15,000rpm. (http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/92664)".

Would 15, 000 be enough?

You can get a pdf of the letter from the circuits thru Pitpass...clearly states 18000rpm.

Hell to break loose..... Ron Walkers words....not mine

If anyone thinks this is idle fluff needs to seriously rethink their position. Will it happen? Who knows? But the sleeping giants have woken up to the fact Indy does a race for 3.5mil....not 12-20mil with 10% increases every year...

There are so many politics in F1 that I wouldn't be half surprised that the circuits are playing an endgame to grab more control with an eye to an 80-year old that can't live forever.

Bernie once threatened the circuits that the teams would not turn up (back in the previous Ice Age)....now we have come full circle with the tracks demanding recognition in the sport.

Smoke and mirrors - the real reason behind this seemingly incredible story is wonderfully explained in the following blog - a damn good read

The real reason?