Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

The British Grand Prix

I'm going. All three days. F'ing yay. Will post my pics after.

Tomorrow is set for rain. I expect nothing tangible to be gleaned as a result.

Saturday will be business as usual.

Sunday's showers will hopefully make it fun.

Don't forget, wear some T-shirt with a rude message on it and make penis jokes if interviewed.

We expect no less from you. Make us proud!

Don't forget, wear some T-shirt with a rude message on it and make penis jokes if interviewed.

We expect no less from you. Make us proud!

Don't worry, Andres. I'll be wearing my Alonso T-shirt. That should take care of both requests.

Well, it looks like the first 2 practice session were how I like my women..................pretty quiet :whistling::eekout:

Looks like they were quite wet too.

Well, it looks like the first 2 practice session were how I like my women..................pretty quiet :whistling::eekout:

Looks like they were quite wet too.

For an instant I thought you will say pretty wet... :sweatdrop:

For an instant I thought you will say pretty wet... :sweatdrop:

That would have been too easy, which is also how I like...................best not go there :lol:

I sat in the grandstands at Woodcote for FP1, so stayed quite dry. Like an idiot, I suggested to my mates that we should be down at the end of Becketts for FP2. The ensuing rain shower literally drenched us, but I think it was worth it; I got some great pictures when they finally all came out with about half an hour to spare.

Early indications? Practice is always a lottery, esprecially two wet ones. But apart from Red Bull loooking very good (they were riding the kerbs and white lines with no problems at Woodcote)Ferrari looked good too.

Went for a fly in a helicopted arouind the track after!

Pictures to follow....

My hero, FP2, Becketts.

chu.jpg

Alonso, Woodcote, FP1

Alonso.jpg

Mark parks it at the end of FP1. We shouted "Mark!!", he waved. Top bloke.

mark.jpg

I'm truely knanckered guys. I have some awesome pics and I promise to post more. Now, I'm off to bed.

EBD off throttle 10%, 20%, 27.56%, 45%, 100%?

Hot vs. cold blowing?

It is illegal but some teams will be allowed to use it? If it was legal why the FIA decided to ban it? If it is illegal, WTF?

Changing the rules mid-season is a bad practice, doing it in the middle of a Grand Prix weekend is...

Teams have been working on a big upgrade for Silverstone, they have lost a lot of time and resources, right?

The problem lies in trying to equally restrict, in a fair and balanced way, two different types of engine and the way they operate in off-throttle mode. It's very difficult to apply different restrictions to different engines and to achieve an equal loss for both; not helped by the fact the laptime benefit of either method does not seem measurable anyway. The issue is also clouded by the fact that (inevitably) Mercedes and Renault (or their leading teams) are pointing at each other saying "they are gaining more than us because the restriction isn't equal".

Solution? Don't change non-safety based regulations in the middle of the season, especially those which are so complex and difficult to measure the effect of.

@Dribs: Excellent snaps.

Edit:- As usual, Autosport has it all covered here: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92948

Damn fine shots Steve!

Thottle? Who cares? I wouldn't understand it anyways. Ignorance is bliss. Team Poochie is right, the must be right. That's all I understood.

The problem lies in trying to equally restrict, in a fair and balanced way, two different types of engine...

I see your point but since they went for a mid-season rule change there's no doubt the FIA were absolutely sure that some teams were doing something illegal, right? If the FIA let some teams run an illegal car in front of millions of people then they should be ashamed and resign. A set of rules for some teams and a different one for others cannot be an option. Some teams have been working for a big upgrade in Silverstone and they are useless if they change the rules again.

Hold up....there are rules in F1? I thought they all ran under some grey area loop things...well, I'll be blowed...

Big crash on Stage 6....Bradley Wiggins out....Cavendish wins 17th....what? None of this makes sense to you lot?

Oh well...back to those noisy screamy fuel guzzly thingees....me thinks that Alonso fellow looks strong this weekend. And that other fellow Webber may (finally) beat that other fellow Vettel. I imagine many are salivating over either prospect. In other news, NZ's 17yo GP3 standings leader, Mitch Evans hasn't had a good weekend so far...no worries...I expect he will bounce back strong in the race (not that any of you care :angry: )

:rolleyes:

Damn fine shots Steve!

Thottle? Who cares? I wouldn't understand it anyways. Ignorance is bliss. Team Poochie is right, the must be right. That's all I understood.

Team poochie cares now...

Petrov 14th Heidfeld 16th for the start tomorrow.

They seem to have been hurt most by the ruling.

Nice to see someone other than Vettel at pole. Poor quali for Hammy & Schumi.

The new regs have definitely knocked down RBR a peg or two. No idea if it'll stay that way in the race.

Amazing quali by di Resta. If he keeps this up, won't be long before the big boys start knocking up his backdoor knocking on his door.

Good show by Maldonado & Koba too.

Team poochie cares now...

Petrov 14th Heidfeld 16th for the start tomorrow.

They seem to have been hurt most by the ruling.

Yes, and RBR seems to be barely dominant, the fact that they are still dominant shows how much above the rest they were before.

It's the mass damper saga all over again. They might as well make rules based on team colors instead of throttle mappings and other obscure subjects if what FIA wants is that obvious. FIA is lazy when it comes to define the rules for a year, they rather thow a couple of general guidelines and then start tweaking race by race the rules.

They should really, and I mean REALLY put some effort on making fair rules, diminish the loopholes before season start and not during it and for George's sake keep a stable set of rules for at least 3 seasons! It's impossible to watch a sport when the rules this weekend are the exact opposite as 2 weeks ago! Grrrr Argggh ermmm....Meow!

Yes, and RBR seems to be barely dominant, the fact that they are still dominant shows how much above the rest they were before.

It's the mass damper saga all over again. They might as well make rules based on team colors instead of throttle mappings and other obscure subjects if what FIA wants is that obvious. FIA is lazy when it comes to define the rules for a year, they rather thow a couple of general guidelines and then start tweaking race by race the rules.

They should really, and I mean REALLY put some effort on making fair rules, diminish the loopholes before season start and not during it and for George's sake keep a stable set of rules for at least 3 seasons! It's impossible to watch a sport when the rules this weekend are the exact opposite as 2 weeks ago! Grrrr Argggh ermmm....Meow!

They should just subtract the number of the car (in seconds) from the qually time set, to get their final grid positions - that way RB would be outside the 107% set by HRT every week. That'd show 'em.

My hero, FP2, Becketts.

chu.jpg

Alonso, Woodcote, FP1

Alonso.jpg

Mark parks it at the end of FP1. We shouted "Mark!!", he waved. Top bloke.

mark.jpg

I'm truely knanckered guys. I have some awesome pics and I promise to post more. Now, I'm off to bed.

Muy bueno!

I think for the fifth time in 24 hours the rules have been changed yet again. EVerythong goes back to the way they were before Silverstone and will stay that way firmly until end of season, or until they change their mind, whichever happens first.

FFS! This is a joke!!!!!!!!! I am not watching anymore F1, ya hear me, Bernie? That's it!!! Don't try to convince me otherways! I'm only watching E! Channel...er...I mean...Penthouse channel!

Yeah that's right! I'm sick with these rules that stay forever!!! We need rules to be tweaked! FIA b#####ds! What do you think? That you can just establish a set of rules at season start and then sit on your fat asses for a year? Nosiree! We want you to work! We want you to change the rules as many times as necessary!

Geez! Do we ask too much????

FFS!

Oh, time for my medicine! Weeeeee! :clap3:

So, Steve, how's it going at sunny wet sunny drizzling wet snowy sunny rainy stormy cloudy moonsoony windy Silverstone?