Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

Jacques Villeneuve Says Kimi Raikkonen Did Not Deserve His Formula 1 Title

Not f'ing tennis...again...FFS grrr grumble angry FFS grrr :P

Damn, you have some good sports over there!! The closest this country has got to f***ing tennis was topless darts :lol:

JV won the Indy title & Indy 500 and trounced a hugely talented team-mate in Heinz-Harald Frentzen 2 years in a row, he didnt get into f1 just by being called 'villeneuve'. Still, his comments, not that i fully believe he actually said them (if its not on bbc i dont believe it!), I do not agree with.

Kimi was 2nd in the final race of 2007 & Felipe moved over, so arguably kimi didnt deserve it, he didnt earn it, he was gifted the win which got him that extra 2 points needed to pip the mclaren drivers. But thats f1, lewis would've been champion if he hadnt driven into the gravel when leading in china, so in any season you can never say the champ didnt deserve it.

It really winds me up when people say 'he only won cos he had the best car'. You hear those arguments about Button, Vettel, Damon Hill, JV, & others. 90% of winning an f1 title is firstly having the best car on the grid, thats just how it works. As for Massa, well i've always said he's pants ever since day 1. He came close to winning in 2008 cos of a) many gifted points from team-mate kimi, B) hamiltons ridiculous penalty in belgium which gave massa the win, and c) massa was outstanding in qualifying that year so his wins came from the front but, like vettel, cant actually race for sh*t

JV won the Indy title & Indy 500 and trounced a hugely talented team-mate in Heinz-Harald Frentzen 2 years in a row, he didnt get into f1 just by being called 'villeneuve'. Still, his comments, not that i fully believe he actually said them (if its not on bbc i dont believe it!), I do not agree with.

Kimi was 2nd in the final race of 2007 & Felipe moved over, so arguably kimi didnt deserve it, he didnt earn it, he was gifted the win which got him that extra 2 points needed to pip the mclaren drivers. But thats f1, lewis would've been champion if he hadnt driven into the gravel when leading in china, so in any season you can never say the champ didnt deserve it.

It really winds me up when people say 'he only won cos he had the best car'. You hear those arguments about Button, Vettel, Damon Hill, JV, & others. 90% of winning an f1 title is firstly having the best car on the grid, thats just how it works. As for Massa, well i've always said he's pants ever since day 1. He came close to winning in 2008 cos of a) many gifted points from team-mate kimi, B) hamiltons ridiculous penalty in belgium which gave massa the win, and c) massa was outstanding in qualifying that year so his wins came from the front but, like vettel, cant actually race for sh*t

Frentzen at Grove was not the driver we saw at Sauber. Due to the hard nosed nature of Patrick Head and the over sensitivity of Heinz, he was a beaten man before he started. It was only when he went to the light hearted arena of Jordan that we saw the man who had previously made Schumacher look a little normal.

Massa was strong in 2008. He made Kimi look normal. I don't rate him now and I didn't rate him on his way up either, but you cannot deny his strength in that year. Using exmaples to p!ss on his fire is all very well and good, it just depends how you want to dress up all the 'what if's'.

Personally I think Lewis's many visits to the stewards exacerbated Massa's strength in 2008 somewhat, if it weren't for the many stewarding decisions that went against Lewis (as well as the admittedly epic screw up in Canada) he would have won the title by about 20 points. I have always stood by the belief that Massa is an average driver in a fast car and I personally believe 2008 was just a combination of factors that made him look better than he really was. It will go down as the tightest title battle in F1 history, but it really shouldn't have been in my opinion. Once his contract expires I can see Ferrari not renewing it. Not to say Massa never drove any good races in 2008, but a lot of things like being gifted the win at Spa, and at France with Kimi's exhaust problem played into his hands.

I always thought a lot of those Senna/Prost championships were a lot tighter...perhaps it was because they lasted seasons...not just a single one.