Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Spa Grand Prix

DOD for me seemed to be a choice between Button and Schumi.

Button just pips it for the fact that he drove the race with damage to his front wing, no left wing mirror and a damaged back wing end plate from two unconnected incidents in lap one.

Plus - he made some slightly nicer moves than Schumi - especially on Massa.

Sorry, but this year the "he climbed up from xth to yth" seems to have been a little devaluated. Every race we get one of those cases. You simply start from the last spot, stick up the hard tire and watch everybody crash and pit 5 times as much as you do while you slowly climb up. Granted, is not as easy as I am saying but is not the rare feat we were used to.

Schumi did a great job, mostly because he had some nice battles on his way up but also because he had to fight against a whole world that is yelling in his ears "YOU ARE TOO OLD!!! GIVE UP!!!".

Button had less cars on his way up, but as many competitive ones. He also had a more intelligent approach as usual. And for once his racecraft was not too shabby by any standards.

I liked them both.

I am still amazed at Rosberg start. I would have sworn he jumped the start because the acceleration difference was impressive compared to the other cars around him. Luckily, Merc works like a clock and no matter how bad or good the start is, he knows he will always finish around 5th or 6th (or not at all) :P

I have high hopes for Senna. Call me a helpless sentimental. Call me a hopeless mental case. You know what? Better don't call me at all.

I thought he jumped the start to, I don't know what he did but that was impressive.

DOD for me seemed to be a choice between Button and Schumi.

Button just pips it for the fact that he drove the race with damage to his front wing, no left wing mirror and a damaged back wing end plate from two unconnected incidents in lap one.

Plus - he made some slightly nicer moves than Schumi - especially on Massa.

Didn't know about his front wing damage but Speed commentators were concerned about his rear wing, they were expecting it to collapse at any time, they even talked about the load of the wing being about 250kg on the high speed zones of the circuit.

todays vitamins can do a miracle for old people. i watched him this season and my conclusion is that he still has very good racecraft but pure speed is something different. i really don't know what is the cause of this.

:lol: I need those vitamins, do you know which ones is he taking by any chance?

:lol: I need those vitamins, do you know which ones is he taking by any chance?

:Dwhen i find out i'll let you know

This weekend we are having the Baltimore Grand Prix, the track is almost ready, today I could finally go around the track and took picture of most of it, I'll have them ready for you guys latter right now I have to go out again and left my camera on my car.

A close friend working on advertising told me they had done a campaign for some product/maker around Heidfeld and now he's out of F1 they don't know what to do. I think they had everything done and ready to go on the media. :mellow:

A close friend working on advertising told me they had done a campaign for some product/maker around Heidfeld and now he's out of F1 they don't know what to do. I think they had everything done and ready to go on the media. :mellow:

Same thing happened to that sprinter Ben Johnson of Canada years back when it was revealed he used steroids. It is a marketing nightmare!

Brilliant drive from Button, the umpteenth time he's had a race full of spectacular overtaking, oh and he's now ahead of Hamilton on points :-) !!

In fact if it werent for that breakdown & then wheel-nut issue in 2 consecutive races, he'd be way ahead of Hamilton.

Also not sure if anyones mentioned yet but what a drive from Webber and, although not many things in f1 surprise me any more, that pass on Alonso made even me have to change my pants

...although not many things in f1 surprise me any more, that pass on Alonso made even me have to change my pants

No surprise there... :rolleyes:

DRS was too effective here in my opinion, the car without DRS was pretty much a sitting duck in almost every overtake attempt (With the exception of Lewis, who I recon must have had a wet setup). Hopefully lessons will be learnt from how DRS has been used this year to take into some races next year, because I feel the balancing act has been poor.

As for Ferrari... I can't seem them making anything like as much ground as they did last season, the performance of their car on the medium and hard tyres is just shocking. Something they really need to remedy for 2012

Talking DRS zones. I think that they've affected the racing too much this year. I would rather have seen the season without, but it'll be a hard thing for the FIA to undo now.

I hope that next year they set the start point of the DRS zone (i.e. where the wing opens) later down the main straight. If they get it right, the chasing driver should get a chance to be alongside the other driver into the following corner, but it would still be down to braking later in order to make the pass.

On a lot of tracks we've seen DRS passes done and dusted half way down the straight and the passer 3-4 car lengths ahead by the time they hit the brakes. We may be getting more passes, but that doesn't make it any more exciting to my mind - just as passing backmarkers has never provided the most compelling viewing.