Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Autumnpuma

Five Years On

You can get more money for a bag of # on the street, man....

:ban_006:

:D Shh, don't tell anyone but I have got some good Sh#t. Yup, first off some gold keys - 24 carets.... and also got some keys which will make you spaced out. Hurry, there's no Q, but if you buy from me I'll give you a %age :D

So, of course I decided to come back a bit too late. But I reckon I can still make you read what happened in my little life in 4 years.

Back in 2007 I had just about outgrown those horrible posters on the walls and began taking notice of real people. So to atone for my previous sins I started paying attention to F1, listening to better music (little by little), and studying properly. I happily finished high school, and I made more friends there than I thought - can't be bad.

I tried to start university in the UK, resulting in a crashing failure but also in some lessons learnt and new friendships made. I discovered myself, at least to a degree. I started to like myself. I learned that after a month of eating pasta you'll positively hate it. I met my boyfriend on a fleeting trip to Spain. I went back home 'defeated'.

So I started uni all over again. It's finally getting better. What's not getting better is that I still don't know what I want to do in the future... not even a "dream future". But hey, at least I know who I want to be with then :) That leaves fewer "W questions" unanswered.

Now I'm studying harder than ever and next year I'm going to do an internship in Bristol, right where I failed at life the first time. So you UK peoples are welcome to tell me about nice places that I can go visit while I'm there :D Last time I only went to Cardiff and London, there's so much more to be seen ^^

That's it. I only wanted to add that all your stories are very inspiring and make me feel that life is amazing ^^

So, of course I decided to come back a bit too late. But I reckon I can still make you read what happened in my little life in 4 years.

Back in 2007 I had just about outgrown those horrible posters on the walls and began taking notice of real people. So to atone for my previous sins I started paying attention to F1, listening to better music (little by little), and studying properly. I happily finished high school, and I made more friends there than I thought - can't be bad.

I tried to start university in the UK, resulting in a crashing failure but also in some lessons learnt and new friendships made. I discovered myself, at least to a degree. I started to like myself. I learned that after a month of eating pasta you'll positively hate it. I met my boyfriend on a fleeting trip to Spain. I went back home 'defeated'.

So I started uni all over again. It's finally getting better. What's not getting better is that I still don't know what I want to do in the future... not even a "dream future". But hey, at least I know who I want to be with then :) That leaves fewer "W questions" unanswered.

Now I'm studying harder than ever and next year I'm going to do an internship in Bristol, right where I failed at life the first time. So you UK peoples are welcome to tell me about nice places that I can go visit while I'm there :D Last time I only went to Cardiff and London, there's so much more to be seen ^^

That's it. I only wanted to add that all your stories are very inspiring and make me feel that life is amazing ^^

When I was 18, I left for Washington state with two girls and a Hyundai packed with more junk food than possessions. When we got there, we all pitched in with some other friends in a large 4 bedroom house. We were all poor as dirt and ate chicken pot pies (with applesauce on top...pretty good, actually) and tons upon tons of Top Ramen instant noodles. I ate so much of those damned noodles that I can't look at them without bile rising in my throat. Ugh.

But those are the things you look back upon and smile about.

I think I got into this forum on 2004... 7 years that are really maybe 4 or 5 between ins and outs...

Its nice to come here from time to time and see (read) the old friends and mates that you know for such a long time, I always look for news on the TF1 site and maybe read some posts, but this is a great thread Puma!

Since 2004, I got married, have a daughter that now is almost 4, lived in 3 different houses, loose my job and found in Photography a splendid way to move in life.

I want to say Hello to all the people around, I hope I can come here more often... you are such really great people.

Greetings from mexico city.

Son of a female freedom fighter killed in the throes of battle I was raised by wolves in a Bulgarian forest. Adopted by a local farmer they gradually house trained me and taught me to speak.....

Actually that's not *quite* accurate... (that's Steph's story :D ) , but have been here since Oct 2007.

What's happened in that time? Left I job I had grown to hate (and showing that there is karma, my replacement successfully defrauded them for half a million pounds - caught by the police and my ex-boss was fired...) Got a new job and helped steer it from nothing to a £100M turnover business with 2,000 staff. Helped rescue 14 schools from oblivion and modernised all their IT. Wrote an IT strategy for a World Heritage Site across a region which got accepted by UNESCO and whose site has finally gone live http://www.cornish-mining.org.uk/

My youngest daughter matured and left home leaving my wife and I (of 20 years marriage) a couple for the first time in our relationship (when I met her she already had a baby). Its been great :)

Discovered the Gambia and now go back every year - Africa is such an amazing place. Got made a Chartered IT Professional. Started and stopped and degree, got one more year to do of it. Letters after my name amuse my wife DipHE MBCS CITP (she says: Dippy Umbucks Kittup)

Bought several unsexy but practical cars

Stopped watching F1 for a year then got back into it this season.

And still keep coming back here. Good people. Bad haircuts :) Made some friends :D

I miss you, ecap. Post more often if you can!

I miss everybody! this is a nice place...

I'll try to comeback!

Nice to see you again Puma! This year I went to USA twice!

I went to Orlando to take the Children to Disney and last september I celebrated my 6th marriage anniversary in Las Vegas!

cheers!

Son of a female freedom fighter killed in the throes of battle I was raised by wolves in a Bulgarian forest. Adopted by a local farmer they gradually house trained me and taught me to speak.....

Actually that's not *quite* accurate... (that's Steph's story :D ) , but have been here since Oct 2007.

What's happened in that time? Left I job I had grown to hate (and showing that there is karma, my replacement successfully defrauded them for half a million pounds - caught by the police and my ex-boss was fired...) Got a new job and helped steer it from nothing to a £100M turnover business with 2,000 staff. Helped rescue 14 schools from oblivion and modernised all their IT. Wrote an IT strategy for a World Heritage Site across a region which got accepted by UNESCO and whose site has finally gone live http://www.cornish-mining.org.uk/

My youngest daughter matured and left home leaving my wife and I (of 20 years marriage) a couple for the first time in our relationship (when I met her she already had a baby). Its been great :)

Discovered the Gambia and now go back every year - Africa is such an amazing place. Got made a Chartered IT Professional. Started and stopped and degree, got one more year to do of it. Letters after my name amuse my wife DipHE MBCS CITP (she says: Dippy Umbucks Kittup)

And still keep coming back here. Good people. Bad haircuts :) Made some friends :D

damnit, I just knew something was "wrong". I always thought you young, in your teens maybe, but somehow your postings should have made me realise otherwise...

Maybe because of that avatar pic of yours (I can't really see whats goin on), or some weird misunderstanding from my part? Hey, maybe it's just because I'm weird hehe

She's perfect for you, dippy.

I miss everybody! this is a nice place...

I'll try to comeback!

Nice to see you again Puma! This year I went to USA twice!

I went to Orlando to take the Children to Disney and last september I celebrated my 6th marriage anniversary in Las Vegas!

cheers!

Eduardo, mi hermano!

Good to see you around! :D

Let me put it this way: if you have to leave your wife and children to have you back here, I'd say it is an acceptable tradeoff.

After all isn't a man's dream to leave his family and spend his entire grown up life making semen jokes with perfect strangers on Internet?

Isn't it?

:eusa_think:

Eduardo, mi hermano!

Good to see you around! :D

Let me put it this way: if you have to leave your wife and children to have you back here, I'd say it is an acceptable tradeoff.

After all isn't a man's dream to leave his family and spend his entire grown up life making semen jokes with perfect strangers on Internet?

Isn't it?

:eusa_think:

Yes indeed! Haha but I think I dont have such luck!

The weird thing is that you are not perfect strangers after all! So making those semen jokes its Ok... :)

Que cuenta Argentina?

Chris, you're f*cking awesome. :D

Hi Eduardo :)

Thank you. That is all.

Just over three years for me. I can't believe it, really. Where has all that life gone!

I've nearly died - three times. The first instance was on the operating table in 2008, where the statistics where 60/40 against my survival, the second when our tour bus careened into a snow-filled ditch in northern Sweden last November and again last Thursday night when my flight from Stockholm very nearly landed on top of a departing jumbo that Air Traffic Control failed to notice until it was almost too late.

Like Dribs, I have the love and devotion of a fine woman to keep me sane through all the trials and tribulations and I am most grateful for that gift.

I have seen my favourite F1 driver win a WDC when all the odds were firmly stacked against him achieving such a feat and watched him go from strength to strength ever since.

Most of all, I have found a great environment to air my views on the sport, full of nutters and well-informed geeks.

In short, it's been a pleasure to be among you and long may it last.

Your favorite driver is Vettel? I thought you liked Button? ;)

It's a pleasure having your posts to read, Sean. Interesting to note that you've evaded the Grim Reaper multiple times and you didn't have to play Battleship with him to do it.

And I'm only slightly nutters.

Your favorite driver is Vettel? I thought you liked Button? ;)

It's a pleasure having your posts to read, Sean. Interesting to note that you've evaded the Grim Reaper multiple times and you didn't have to play Battleship with him to do it.

And I'm only slightly nutters.

"A hit! You have sank my better ship!"

Station!

STA-TION!

Wyld Stallyns *air guitar* dududududu.

Dude. What was the song at the end? I forgot!

In five years, I haven't really grown up, obviously.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure? Funny movie!

Station and the boys challenging the Grim Reaper was in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Hello all, I have also been a member for five years, some of you may remember me and some not.

Sadly I have not been able to post much for the past four years as I have been on a bit of a odyssey.

But soon I'll be back home and hope to post as often as I used to. It feels like ages since I was able to add my two cents!

Hope to agree/disagree with you all again sometime soon!

Hello all, I have also been a member for five years, some of you may remember me and some not.

Sadly I have not been able to post much for the past four years as I have been on a bit of a odyssey.

But soon I'll be back home and hope to post as often as I used to. It feels like ages since I was able to add my two cents!

Hope to agree/disagree with you all again sometime soon!

Good to see you here again. Look forward to your return.