Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

Nipon

Time for Vettel to sew things up.

Hope Button wins - first in P1 and P2.

Nothing else to say really.

*shrug*

In theory RB could also win the WCC here - but that's more likely to happen either at Korea or India.

*shrugs again*

oh dear - rosey out in q1 - problem with his merc - didn't set a lap time

oops - sorry about that craig - didn't spot that.

*shrugs*

vettel on pole.

*how much shrugging is too much?*

i've heard hamilton was naughty again

Just the usual race weekend for him!

He really should try to get his head together! He doesn't seem to pay much attention to other drivers.

I don't think he is being overly selfish or something, just that something is wrong with him. I think he needs a break!

*points frantically at Hamilton and Whitmarsh*

See???? Whitmarsh said they told him "not to let anybody past him" which means they told Hamilton to "destroy" other people's races!!! F1 is a farce I tell ya! I won't see a race ever again!

*everybody chants*: FFS!

Not sure if it was Macca's pitwall or Hamilton's fault as both versions contradict each other (which also means that either MW or LH is lying, never a good thing) but again, they are not helping Lewis. The guy needs more focus and for one reason or another he keeps getting in the middle of continous, entirely avoidable minor controversies.

Excusing him for his mistakes won't help. Saying that he is the new Senna won't help. Stubborness on his own mistakes as signs of greatness won't help.

He needs someone to tell him, simply: "Less crashing, less talking, more racing" and voilá, you will have again Lewis, driver extraordinaire instead of Lewis, the comic relief.

On a final note, Scuhmi and Webbo muscled past him. Is that good or bad? He deemed it as "dangerous". Was it?

*points frantically at Hamilton and Whitmarsh*

See???? Whitmarsh said they told him "not to let anybody past him" which means they told Hamilton to "destroy" other people's races!!! F1 is a farce I tell ya! I won't see a race ever again!

*everybody chants*: FFS!

Not sure if it was Macca's pitwall or Hamilton's fault as both versions contradict each other (which also means that either MW or LH is lying, never a good thing) but again, they are not helping Lewis. The guy needs more focus and for one reason or another he keeps getting in the middle of continous, entirely avoidable minor controversies.

Excusing him for his mistakes won't help. Saying that he is the new Senna won't help. Stubborness on his own mistakes as signs of greatness won't help.

He needs someone to tell him, simply: "Less crashing, less talking, more racing" and voilá, you will have again Lewis, driver extraordinaire instead of Lewis, the comic relief.

On a final note, Scuhmi and Webbo muscled past him. Is that good or bad? He deemed it as "dangerous". Was it?

Yep.

I don't think Lewis can complain too much, time was critical and Web and Schu wanted to get their lap in, plus he engaged in similar antics with Massa last race. And I saw it only from Lewis' onboard but it didn't look too dangerous really, although Schumi was perhaps out of control a bit on the grass for a moment. Whether Lewis was too slow or not (and as far as I could see Button was just ahead of him anyway), I can't understand why Mclaren put him/themselves in that position at all, why did they wait so long to send him out and why behind the slower Button (and that goes for Schumi and Webber too)? As if Vettel needed any help for pole...

I think the odds should be set such that you lose money if you pick Vettel to win and he does. Too easy. This sport can be really disinteresting at times...

I think the odds should be set such that you lose money if you pick Vettel to win and he does. Too easy. This sport can be really disinteresting at times...

Welcome to 2004.

You can still record the race and play it backwards, and watch Liuzzi storm with a pole to win (not that I do that :whistling:)

Yep.

I don't think Lewis can complain too much, time was critical and Web and Schu wanted to get their lap in, plus he engaged in similar antics with Massa last race. And I saw it only from Lewis' onboard but it didn't look too dangerous really, although Schumi was perhaps out of control a bit on the grass for a moment. Whether Lewis was too slow or not (and as far as I could see Button was just ahead of him anyway), I can't understand why Mclaren put him/themselves in that position at all, why did they wait so long to send him out and why behind the slower Button (and that goes for Schumi and Webber too)? As if Vettel needed any help for pole...

SEE??!!!??? Are you reading this Steve-O? Get rid of the grass!!111!! :D

Funny how we all long to see greatness in sport and when it comes along we complain about it.

Welcome to 2004.

You can still record the race and play it backwards, and watch Liuzzi storm with a pole to win (not that I do that :whistling:)

:lol: I might try that. That way when Massa spins, he actually gains positions for doing so.

Funny how we all long to see greatness in sport and when it comes along we complain about it.

If you look at my posting record you'll find I never wanted to see greatness and never said a champion was undeserving or lame because it was a closely fought battle.

And if you actually find I have said all that, I'll just use the I'm young and change my mind a lot excuse. :P

I see what you're saying, in all seriousness. I grew up on NASCAR so I expect my racing to be entertaining, too, when motorsport might just be inherently dull in nature. I don't know. I don't have a clue about much of anything to be really honest.

If you look at my posting record you'll find I never wanted to see greatness

I've spent my life longing for mediocrity too. There just ain't enough of it about.

In other news Massa and Hamilton tangle again - they should just come out and be done with it.

it would be kind of nice if vettel could run into the back of alonso thus extending the wdc for one more week

Nice to see a different winner. The gesture between Jenson & Jessica...I thought Jenson was going to thrust his tongue back & forth between his hands. I guess he self-censored it.

Congrats to Seb for winning the WDC.

Alonso did well to finish 2nd. So did Schumi, to finish 6th. The few laps he led the race...:)

Lewis:wacko:

:lol: I might try that. That way when Massa spins, he actually gains positions for doing so.

If you look at my posting record you'll find I never wanted to see greatness and never said a champion was undeserving or lame because it was a closely fought battle.

And if you actually find I have said all that, I'll just use the I'm young and change my mind a lot excuse. :P

I see what you're saying, in all seriousness. I grew up on NASCAR so I expect my racing to be entertaining, too, when motorsport might just be inherently dull in nature. I don't know. I don't have a clue about much of anything to be really honest.

I tried to look at your posting record but I can't track all of your aliases and accounts. :wacko:

Great race even with so little to fight for. The wost thing I guess was the awful TV broadcasting. I mean, I understand that Koba is the local hero and all that shyte but to keep displaying him fighting for some worthless midfield position against Senna and Barrichello, while at the top nothing was being displayed of the Button vs Vettel, Weber vs Alonso and Hamilton vs Massa battles was simply unforgivable!

As for the drivers themselves, I fell too lazy to make a comment on each one's races so all I will say is that for the top 7th it was a deserved finishing line, considering what they did during the race and the cars performance.

Oh, ok, I'll say it: Kudos for Vettel and RBR :meh: the guys were simply untouchable. I hope next year the cars performances get closer (fat chance!) These guys have shown that they have what it takes to provide for exciting battles at the front.

No, Massa, not you. :P But I still hope you punch once and for all Hamilton in the face. Would certainly rise your stock value :D

I'm glad Button won. I dislike him less than I dislike the others. He's marginally harder to hate.

I didn't watch anyway.

The real story is that Canada's Robert Wickens who I used to watch race FBMWs in the United States and then Champ Car Atlantics WON THE WORLD SERIES BY RENAULT. He's Virgin's third driver with Marussia backing. Hilarious to see him beat teammate and Red Bull driver Jean-Eric Vergne after Red Bull dropped Wickens a few years back. Good call, guys. I'll probably watch more than two races per season when Wickens makes it to F1. Really nice to see a nice guy finally get his win.

So **** you Red Bull. You made a mockery of the U.S. racing scene with your bull****, rigged driver search that "didn't want winners" and rather wanted to turn a nobody into a winner (how'd that work? I think Speed's parking a low-budget stock car now, when he actually qualifies). Turned down qualified drivers like Phil Giebler, Patrick Long, Joey Hand, Rocky Moran, Ryan Hunter-Reay, etc. who could have really made it with the right development and actually set the fastest lap times in the actual tests, and chose some embarrassing ***hat to represent America, and then fired him for doing what his contract said ("embrace" the brand image). Well, **** you guys and your **** drink. Now the guy you cut just beat your dumb little trashy driver. REVENGE.

And that Patrick Long guy? Only the youngest guy to ever win in class at Sebring, Le Mans, Daytona, and Petit. Pretty handy in a stock car, too, even on the ovals. No big deal or anything. He'd have kept Vettel honest, well, actually, no, because your dumb contract was so ****ed up only a guy with no hope of ever making it anywhere like Speed would have signed it. How'd that clause about you getting all of the driver's salary over $2,000,000 if he drove for another team go? Looks to me like Speed never got to another team and got that big contract you wanted to profit off of.

Also, Hamilton, take your sunglasses off. At least when you're in the car. FELIPE MASSA WILL TAP INTO THE SPIRIT OF ELTON PIQUET AND KICK YOU. Like he kicked that guy who wasn't Eddie Cheever. But Eddie Cheever's the only driver from that era I know because he was cool and wrote poetry and ****. His nephew wasn't as cool and apparently there's a new Eddie Cheever with a doofy haircut who tests GP3 cars and does poorly. But he might be doing less poorly in Italian F3? I don't know. He races under an Italian flag so screw him too! American Michael Lewis is second in points, and the top three get Ferrari F1 tests, so we'll see an American in a Ferrari or something this winter. I don't know if I like him or not. He might not have a good haircut, or he might not be from the right part of the country, or he might have been born into too much money, or he might list Kimi Räikkönen as a hero like that Lotus development driver prick Alexander Rossi does.

For sure. :P

...In other news Massa and Hamilton tangle again - they should just come out and be done with it.

Finally someone here has the balls to say what we've all been thinking. :lol:

If post count is any indication, almost no one watched and/or almost no one cared. I rather enjoyed the race, always love to see this circuit come up on the calendar and Button and Alonso finished ahead of Vettel. This season you can't ask for much more.

SEE??!!!??? Are you reading this Steve-O? Get rid of the grass!!111!! :D

Yep, I'm reading, Mikey-o. And I still feel the same. :lol:

I remember watching mid way through 1995 and realising that I was now a Schumacher fan. It hot me quite suddenly. All the patriotism I had previously felt for Hill went out of the window. I started to see what everyone else had been saying for a while.

The same thing happened today when Jenson won, in what for me was his most convincing drive to date. The significance of this drive and who he beat in the process will shape the rest of his career from this point on. Quite magnificent. No doubting, no ambiguity, no changeable conditions. Just a thoroughly excellent and convincing drive.

Well done Jenson. I always liked you as a bloke and now I really rate you as a driver.