Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riseofstars

Indian Gp

Unveiling of India's F1 circuit:

http://sports.ndtv.com/formula-1/news/item/179905-live-blog-indian-grand-prix-track-buddh-international-circuit-unveiled

Never thought F1 would reach my country. Thanks to all the organizers to make every Indian motorsport fan's dream which once we thought will only remain a dream. The track layout is really exciting and all the fans are guaranteed top class motorsport entertainment. Would like to see if this sport becomes the 2nd most popular sport in the country (Nothing can beat Cricket :P)

Guys please put your thoughts about the Indian GP. :onefinger:

My current thoughts are that despite a maniacal rush to complete the grandstand and other 'minor' work, [as the promoter was quoted as saying] I have little faith that all will be ready when the circus hits town. I have some friends who have made the journey home to watch the spectacle and they were horrified to see how far behind the contractors are and the amount of dust and building debris there was on the track. I do hope things will be rectified in time.

Without detriment to those who have invested in this venture and indeed, to Indian F1 fans. I believe the last thing F1 need was another new track. It was certainly the last thing I would have thought the Indian people wanted. Of course, Bernie can screw more cash out of a new venue than he can from established ones and that is clearly why he has been slowly replacing the old with new. The end game is a different thing. I can see most of these vast new stadia turning into dustbowl ghost towns inside ten years or less. Of course, there is also a moral concern here too. During the Commonwealth Games, officials erected bamboo curtains to hide the poor in their slums form the eyes of the World. In Greater Noida, the poverty-ridden farmers whole claim their land was virtually stolen from them by the circuit developers refuse to hide. They intend to do all they can to disrupt the event. The organisers expect a sell-out of the 130,000 capacity arena built in the middle of nowhere. You can bet your life that only the rich and famous with venture out from the capital to hear the roar and spatter of the double diffuser brigade and the grinding mayhem of Metallica. Unfortunately, there is also Lady 'stupid' GaGa to contend with as well - a far graver undertaking than an inch or two of dust on the tarmac, I believe.

i say that alonso will win in india because he likes to be first to win on a new track, or maybe vettel, or hamilton.....maybe button, or the guy that drives that slower red bull

I really hope everything goes well with regards to this entire weekend. I really want the race to be a success and hope that things will go well for the first ever Indian GP! Doesn't matter who wins I want the race to go smooth and the drivers to be competitive!

Apparently, according to the F1 journos on Twitter the power in the media centre went out, swiftly followed by power to the whole paddock. I guess the sparkies are all wasted on Kingfisher. Bodes well.

Isn't Diwali a celebration of light? Oh, the irony... :roll:

i'll give it 3 years!

they're even trying to make it more exciting by putting in two DRS zones to fake some more overtaking. Next they'll be electronically slowing the lead cars. Destined to fail this one I think, I'm afraid

Tried it on F1 2011. Has a nice flow to it (nothing more I can say as F1 2011 can only give you the layout) but I still have my doubts about any non-DRS overtaking and even about DRS ones, it is a rather fast track. Maybe akin to Turkey.

Haha, I fell off my chair when I saw the dog on the track. I thought it happened only for cricket matches.

That aside, the track seems pretty speedy but dusty.

Seems the Metallica concert is cancelled. Perhaps this is why:

I hope after seeing this video, everyone from the paddock stops waxing eloquent about "Indian culture". I'm sick to the gills of hearing that.

Haha, I fell off my chair when I saw the dog on the track. I thought it happened only for cricket matches.

That aside, the track seems pretty speedy but dusty.

Dusty track usually doesn't equate to speedy track.

Seems the Metallica concert is cancelled. Perhaps this is why:

I hope after seeing this video, everyone from the paddock stops waxing eloquent about "Indian culture". I'm sick to the gills of hearing that.

The riot is the result of the cancelled concert. It did not lead to cancellation.

The riot is the result of the cancelled concert. It did not lead to cancellation.

According to what I read & heard, they went on the rampage because of the postponement. The rampage led to cancellation.

Should be an interesting race. New tracks sometimes produce unexpected greatness. Turn 8 at Istanbul. Beautiful corner, and totally unexpected. I wonder if India will create something similar?

I don't know if it is just me or this qualy was extremely boring. In any case, I was looking forwad to watch actual F1 after playing some F1 2011 in it. The game showed a nice track design, but a boring landscape which was a disapointment. After qualy, all I can say is "wow, the game was as real as it gets" :lol:

Really, it seems like a great layout (and like many others, a waste with current cars as it will probably have just a tight racing line despite the tarmacs' width) but the landscape is...well, let's just say that they should at least put a "Welcome to India" sign on every turn, otherwise it might just as well be around the corner from my apartment!