Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

riseofstars

Indian Gp

I know it was well-intentioned, but seeing Dan Wheldon's name spelled "Dan Weldon" on the Ferrari helmets was really...embarrassing.

I know it was well-intentioned, but seeing Dan Wheldon's name spelled "Dan Weldon" on the Ferrari helmets was really...embarrassing.

italians and english language ! it could be worse, they could spell it "Well done"

I see Massa is complaining about the curbs. I guess this is par for course for Massa in that it's never his fault. Perhaps had he kept his car on track like the other 23 drivers and not tried to cut the corner he wouldn't have ended up driving a three-wheeler.

Oh and your wing sucks too Felipe - that one you can blame on someone else though. It's like Ferrari are taking design cues from the 1960's with that thing.

Qualifying was a "meh" as I remember it. Let's hope for a safe but eventful race here; although considering how dusty the track is, I don't hold much hope for overtaking battles.

rod stewart and tina turner would say: "It takes two"

Hamilton is to Massa what is Sonny to Cher, or Ike to Tina, or ....

Massa's fault this time, clearly, IMHO.

Penalty? Not so sure. It wasn't different at all with any other tussle Hammy has been previously involved into.

Penalty? Not so sure. It wasn't different at all with any other tussle Hammy has been previously involved into.

AND THE AWARD FOR THE HIT RECORD OF THE YEAR GOES TO....... LEWIS & FELIPE DUO AND THEIR HIT SINGLE: " CRASH OF LOVE "

Underwhelming & boring race. Not the first of this season. Save for Alonso vs Webber and Hamilton vs Massa, not much to excite. Super drive by Schumi.

:thbup:

Not much of a race at the front, same old story. Pity, because the track seems really cool, although way too dusty.

Things more interesting in the midfield. Woke up at 5am to watch it. I'm tired.

Button & Alonso also did well.

As of now, even such widetracks are nothing but glorified street tracks. Wouldn't it be great if the racers did plenty of laps on the off line in the free practises? They stand to gain from it, & it could make race day more interesting.

With the Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial coming up, I'm trying to get excited about F1. I really want to like it...

...but if this isn't the most boring, predictable sport in the world...

I think it's a lost cause for me to watch and enjoy F1. Blah.

The race was quite boring but it was always likely to be with the dust/dirt and the nature of the layout.

Massa and Ham! Aghhgh, stop it! Seriously. Massa is the kind of idiot who would rather crash into him than give way. Lewis is the kind of idiot who would put himself at the mercy of Massa's stupidity countless times, rather than wait and choose the smarter option.

That kid who isn't that good, and some people don't like 'cos he's such a terrible person apparently, won again with another flawless performance (his first "grand slam", I notice). Alonso gets the Ferrari where it shouldn't be as always, maximising the stupidity/under-performance of drivers in faster cars.

Hopefully Vettel's dominance will not continue next year or else most of us will have to look into other racing categories. But he is making me believe that he has done the best possible job and thumbs up for that. Good race by Button and Alonso with both showing their teammates how its done. Massa and Hamilton should finish their fight WWE style ( Hell in a Cell match would be great) and the survivor should start focusing on driving. Schumacher is getting better with every race. Britney is already looking like a number two. Speciak mention to Kovalainen and Karthikeyan with the latter being out for many races now. I still hope Mallya gives him a test drive and he can show his true potential. And finally the Indian Gp may not have been a thriller as expected but the crowd turn out and the thumbs up from the F1 world have made it a successful one. :thbup:

Nope! It was Lewis IMHO. By the way how many overtakes did we see at that turn? 1,2, 15? Nope "0". It seems 25 drivers knows there is dangerous place to overtake except Lewis...

Nope! It was Lewis IMHO. By the way how many overtakes did we see at that turn? 1,2, 15? Nope "0". It seems 25 drivers knows there is dangerous place to overtake except Lewis...

That why he is fantastic to watch. Massa was clearly looking in his mirrors and Hamilton wasn't fully alongside. A racing incident in my book and it shouldn't have gone any further. Jenson was faultless and focused. Alonso was fearsome too. Congrats to Schumi for a fine 5th place. Looks like an awesome track.

Hmm - I found that quite an enjoyable race actually. Not fantastic, but not as dull as everyone else seems to be saying. There was plenty of interesting action going on from 5th to 13th for most of the race. If they get the track cleaners onto those wide corner entrances next year I can see a lot of action - the dust limitted that opportunity this year as others have mentioned. I do think the track has more potential than most Tilke cicuits and I do like the fact it's not boringly flat for once.

DOD - Button

Algiosauris, Kovi and Karthikeyan also did very well.

EDIT - Damn forgot about Schumi too - well done to him - perhaps I should give him DOD instead.

That why he is fantastic to watch. Massa was clearly looking in his mirrors and Hamilton wasn't fully alongside. A racing incident in my book and it shouldn't have gone any further. Jenson was faultless and focused. Alonso was fearsome too. Congrats to Schumi for a fine 5th place. Looks like an awesome track.

He was fully alongside at one point, well about 95% alongside, but then dabbed the brakes earlier as presumably (according to his interview afterwards) he saw Massa starting to turn in.

It seems a bit strange to give Massa the penalty, however I wonder if the telemetry trace shows Massa braking much later than on previous laps, or something like that. You would hope there was a clear reason why they decided to penalise Massa, but I am not convinced.