Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

what a crash

30307.jpg

now thats a crash. i dont know how he lost it but it might of been his tyers bursting or maby he just losed it into the wall but lets hope hes ok.

im confident it wasn't his tyre blowing up...so i guess it was suspension or just a mistake by himself.

I hope Ralph is Ok...

It was a weird scene...a F1 car with INDY-CAR damage, now F1 knows how the oval circuits bite.

greetings from mexico city

im confident it wasn't his tyre blowing up...so i guess it was suspension or just a mistake by himself.

Michelin people stated that it was his tire blowing out.

This crash is serious in my opinion and will cause back stiffing and some Lung bruising which will put Ralf out of some races just to get back to normal.

The concussion received here will be another whole issue on its own .

Ralf out for two races or more ...time will tell . They state Gene is the replacement ,I would put in Pizzonia .

Edit: (Pizzonia over Gene,but Jacques Villeneuve over both)

This crash is serious in my opinion and will cause back stiffing and some Lung bruising which will put Ralf out of some races just to get back to normal.  

Ralf out for two races or more ...time will tell .  They state Gene is the replacement ,I would put in Pizzonia .

yeah it was definitely a hard core impact.

williams need the points too badly to risk with pizzonia, so i can understand why gene is the favourite. but i would love to see jungle boy given a go. not that gene doesn't, but it's always good to watch a driver with a point to prove!

That accident made my toes curl. I'm still affected by it. Can't believe it happened...

There's an interview of Ralf after the accident I believe in his hotel room. He looks rather pales. The interview is in German. Anyone can translate that?

it hade to be the tuyers because the tuyers go throw a lot more stress when there up on an angled road and well R$ did go off when the road was on an angle. i think that Michlen just did not take into face that the slope might affect its tyers

That accident made my toes curl. I'm still affected by it. Can't believe it happened...

the sad fact is that that is exactly what the casual fan wants to see. "oh cool, look at that crash!"

they are always spectacular, but i always get a knot in my stomach seeing something like that and even tho i don't like ralf as a driver, you always feel for the guy in the crash, no matter what. did you guys see him knocked out on the replay?? i get had the worst feeling in my stomach when i noticed that. michael must have been so worried when he drove past..

having said that a crash always throws a spanner into the works position-wise as teams scramble for the pits and does mix it up.

Michelin people stated that it was his tire blowing out.

Ralf out for two races or more ...time will tell . They state Gene is the replacement ,I would put in Pizzonia .

Edit: (Pizzonia over Gene,but Jacques Villeneuve over both)

I don

I was listening in on the Speed Channel broadcast on my scanner and it took medical personal over 3 minutes to get to Ralf, and normally at the Indy 500 the safety teams are rolling before the car even stops. Not only that, but they wouldn't even touch him when he wasn't moving. His car just barely missed the S.A.F.E.R. barrier, which would have helped him get a softer impact.

We all consider incredible that MW scored two points with Minardi. Gene scored the same when only the first six racers could got points.

That was also the case when MW scored 2 points, he came 5th. That was 2002, the new points were implemented in 2003.

We all consider incredible that MW scored two points with Minardi. Gene scored the same when only the first six racers could got points.

That was also the case when MW scored 2 points, he came 5th. That was 2002, the new points were implemented in 2003.

I

that was a massive shunt for Ralf, and Im glad to hear he's ok. It's fair to say I'm not one of Ralf's biggest fans, but I wouldn't wish on any driver to have a shunt, small or large in this case. What makes things worse is that he suffered another heavy shunt in testing for Monza last September and suffered concussion. I taped the race, and felt a shiver down my spine when i saw ralf lying motionless in the c##Kpit, i honestly thought something was very wrong, and memories of Imola '94 came flooding back, but thankfully, Ralf is relaltively ok considering the seriousness of the crash. What on earth took the medico's so long to get to Ralf? What would have happened had Ralf been seriously injured really scares me as they took an age to get to him, hopefully something will be done about it.

As for Ralf's replacement, my tip is Pizzonia over Gene, although I prefer Gene to get the drive. Pizzonia is a contender for the second Williams seat and they might use this as an opportunity to test him out. Both Pizzonia and Gene know the car, but I feel Gene will be kept as a tester only. Surprisingly, Jacques Villeneuve has been linked to the drive for France and UK - no, I didn't begin this rumour :lol: - and I don't see how it could benefit Jacques, and I don't believe it to be the truth. Don't get me wrong, it would be good to see Jacques back so soon, but I'll always remember what happened to Justin Wilson's career when he was put in a similar position at Jag last year ie. a 5 race job interview, what could go wrong for him, went wrong and he went from being hot property to being as cold as ice. Remember, Jacques hasn't been in an F1 car since September and hasn't even seen, let alone driven the Williams and thus I fear that should Jacques get the drive and struggle as he isn't used to the car, then it would definitely end his F1 career. However, if he has a contract for next year signed up, then I say go for it Jacques, but it won't happen, and Antonio will get the drive for France and the UK.

Yes, i had some imola 94 flash backs myself, since it was a williams and we only saw his head move slightly (ala senna) I thought to myself i hope he is ok even though i dislike him as a driver. But i had the feeling he would be ok after a few moments, and thankfully he is :) got away with minor injuries compared to what could of happened.

Yes, i had some imola 94 flash backs myself, since it was a williams and we only saw his head move slightly (ala senna) I thought to myself i hope he is ok even though i dislike him as a driver. But i had the feeling he would be ok after a few moments, and thankfully he is   :) got away with minor injuries compared to what could of happened.

I do not think these are minor (two weeks off type) injuries, I estimate in two days the more intense stiffening and bruising will become apparent and then any concussion effects will also be known.

Some reports of experienced Doctors put this a minimum 6 weeks ....I believe that would be the quickest Ralf should even consider test running his body again....I would say it may be better for Ralf to abide his time with an extra 4 weeks on top of the 4 weeks he most likely will be out by high requests of the doctors ...then test his body in some test runs.

There is no rush for him to be back so soon as it's not likely he will score a podium (he has not this year anyways) nor is his Team battling for a real close fight in the WCC as they are in a position by themselves presently unchallenged to go forward or backwards.

No matter whom is put in the car for the most part , as long as the driver is able to race for 4th -7th not alot more could be required of them to keep the Team maintaining their present WCC position.

Its that transition time for the Team in more ways than one as they prepare for the second half of the season.

As for Ralf's replacement, my tip is Pizzonia over Gene, although I prefer Gene to get the drive. Pizzonia is a contender for the second Williams seat and they might use this as an opportunity to test him out. Both Pizzonia and Gene know the car, but I feel Gene will be kept as a tester only. Surprisingly, Jacques Villeneuve has been linked to the drive for France and UK - no, I didn't begin this rumour   :lol: - and I don't see how it could benefit Jacques, and I don't believe it to be the truth. Don't get me wrong, it would be good to see Jacques back so soon, but I'll always remember what happened to Justin Wilson's career when he was put in a similar position at Jag last year ie. a 5 race job interview, what could go wrong for him, went wrong and he went from being hot property to being as cold as ice. Remember, Jacques hasn't been in an F1 car since September and hasn't even seen, let alone driven the Williams and thus I fear that should Jacques get the drive and struggle as he isn't used to the car, then it would definitely end his F1 career. However, if he has a contract for next year signed up, then I say go for it Jacques, but it won't happen, and Antonio will get the drive for France and the UK.

I