Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

Truli to McLaren?

The Italian press seem to think McLaren have had enough with Mika Hakkinen and seem to think he's lost his motivation. They state they are looking to sign Jarno Truli from Jordan to replace Hakkinen for the 2002 season?

Do you think there's any truth behind the rumor?

Personally, I think Mika will have the say on his seat, if he wants it, its his, otherwise Trulli would be a good choice to replace him.

Not so sure if replacing Mika with Trulli isn't such a bad idea.

Jarno out-qualified Mika by a small margin for Hungary and in an inferior car.

Mika seems to have lost his motivation & may retire at the end of this season anyway.

Hakkinen will stay if he can negotiate a new contract with Ron Dennis - Ron wants him on a race-bonus salary, but obviously Mika realises this won't keep him in nappies...I think he's lost his fire, to be honest...

Well let me put it this way as far as the rumour is concerned yes it ture Trulli migh move to McLaren but sorry guys the one to be replaced would be DC, at least that is what our f1 correspeondent told me tho it is nothing offcial!

Anyway i'll let ya know if i hear anything else after Spa!

Who, David-leading-the-championship-charge-for-the-team-because-the-other-guy's-a-waste-of-spac

e-Coulthard?? Figures. But he has already confirmed his contract for next year, I think.

Not that that counts for much these days.

If there is anyone to be replaced at McLaren it is definitely Mika - his form has been woeful - and if McLaren had given DC the support he deserved - by looking after him and his car before Mika's, then there may have been a bigger difference in the points table. One wonders how much McLaren want to win this year?

Mika hasnt really driven bad this year to be honest, its his car that has given him crap. None of his retirements have been caused by him, and otherwise the car has been crap...

DC has had the same car and has had lots of problems too, but he drove with more determiantion.

Mika isnt crap, he just isnt motivated to be the best like he was before in my opinion.

Well now its official - bye bye Mika, hello Kimi. Mika might call it a year "break" but personally I think thats him finished. What do you guys think?

I do believe that Mika's taking a break from F1, though saddening for his fans like me, will help him return rejuvenated to F1, which is precisely what I personally want. To see the press go at him like a pack of wolves, seems totally irrational. There are a lot of unnnecessary columns on him, which hardly reflect on the fact that he was a two time world champoin, which hin no way is a mean achievement byu itself. Coming to the point of Trulli replacing Hakkinen, I do believe that Trulli is good, but has anybody here noticed the way Kimi Raikkonen of Sauber has driven. Given a noticeably laggard car, he has consistently outshone Button, senior to him at Sauber. He has consistently done well and I think is as subdued in his driving style as Mika is. Trulli for all his brilliance, is a flashy driver, and that with a car like McLaren spells trouble. In my humble opinion Kimi would be a better candidate for Mika's place. I see in Kimi a future world champ. Does anyone else here too?

Kimi is taking over from Mika...Trulli signed with Renault weeks ago. And Jenson Button is currently at Benetton-Renault, Heidfeld is senior to Kimi at Sauber. Get your facts straight.

(Edited by TotalF1 Jens at 8:29 pm on Sep. 16, 2001)