Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

Todt to retire in 2004

Jean Todt has revealed today that he may vacate his position as sporting director at Ferrari after the 2004 season

Todt has been at Ferrari for eight years and has recently signed a new contract that will see his services stay with the Italian outfit until the end of 2004. Todt agreed a new contract along with Ross Brawn, Ferrari's technical director, Rory Byrne, chief designer, Paolo Martinelli, engine designer and of course Michael Schumacher himself sealed his future with Ferrari until 2004.

The Frenchman insists he is happy where he is. "Now I lead a dream team of very good people, we are all very happy together. The team is strong, the spirit is strong, Ferrari is a great company and still has a passion for motor racing, so I may not be very young any more but still able to do and be willing to do the job."

Yet asked what Ferrari's plans were after 2004 Todt did not feature himself.

"It is decided in my head that somebody will take over my position after 2004," Todt said. "That's one of the reasons why we are strong, because we are not worried about somebody taking over our position. I hope that, together with my group, I will be able to identify the good people for Ferrari to succeed after 2004, but bearing in mind that the first appointment is 2001."

For now though the team is concentrating on the present situation at Ferrari and the sporting director warned against complacency. "We are doing quite well, but things can change very quickly. We have eight races in front of us, so we must be focused on the present time and then speak about the next year and the new car."

:)

If I still remember the question...

I think MS by 2004 will have the first syptoms of a serious 'redache' and will most probably retire in Austria.

Also I would not be surprised if I saw him in Benneton or Sauber by 2006, or even Ferrari by 2010.

Don't worry though, even his most trusted fans, will have enough of him till then, and he'll have enough of us.

Even in Paradise is boring if you stay too long.

Hey Jaggy.

Why didn't I think of that?

People are asking why JT has announced his plans so early & MS taking the job might just be the answer.

All those Schumi haters would have to put up with him on the podium accepting trophies for another 10 years or so. LOL.