Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amjay

Williams confirm Webber for 2005

(taken from F1newswire.net)

Williams confirm Webber for 2005

Expected announcement sees Webber join Williams 28.07.2004

The BMW WilliamsF1 Team have today (Wednesday) confirmed that the highly-rated Mark Webber has joined the team for the 2005 World Championship. The signing of the 27-year-old Australian reflects a long-term mutual interest between both parties and Webber was extensively praised for attitute and motivation to Grand Prix racing in a press release issued by the team. Webber himself added he was delighted to be joining Williams, a team with such a long history in motorsports.

"Mark is self-evidently a highly talented driver," commented Williams Team Principal Frank Williams. "But his tenacity, determination and motivation are also qualities we prize at Williams. As a team, we have traditionally prospered with drivers who have a down-to-earth, 'let's get on with it' attitude. Mark is certainly in that mould, and I am delighted he has agreed to join the team for 2005."

"The deal I have agreed with Williams today really is the most significant milestone in my career to date, and I have great expectations of what we can achieve together," added. "Of course I am focused on my job with Jaguar Racing for the remainder of this season, but I cannot wait to take up my position with Williams for next year. Besides having an amazing history of success, the team has a reputation for a no-nonsense and straightforward approach to racing, which suits me just fine."

well 1 place at a competitive team down 1 to go..... who will it be JV, DC etc... hahaha... f1 might still have sumthin to offer in terms of the unexpected.....well good luck webber...

woops sorry but i didnt see the other thread on the same topic... :P:P:P:P