Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

2005 remaining seats

now that we've seen some major announcements, (some) clarity is emerging out of the mystery that is the silly season. strange thing is a lot of the more recent rumours have turned out to be true. which suggest that trulli to toyota and davidson to sauber could be more than mere speculation.

so the golden questions are, in order of importance and flow-on effect:

1) williams vacant seat.

2) toyota vacant seat

3) sauber vacant seat(s)

4) jag vacant seat(s)

5) jordan vacant seats

6) minardi vacant seats

with 3 - 6 having the ignominious variable of $ contributions in the equation for at least one seat, which makes predictions even harder.

again, williams is the key. anyone wanna make some suggestions?

1) williams vacant seat.-> Heidfeld

2) toyota vacant seat-> Trulli

3) sauber vacant seat(s)-> Davidson

4) jag vacant seat(s)->Coulthard and Bourdais

5) jordan vacant seats->Briscoe and Albers

6) minardi vacant seats-< Jacques Vileneuve (doesn't deserve better) and Bernie Ecclestone

BAR can have a seat free if they like, isn't Sato on a 1 year contract?

im sure they'll re sign him though, just look and jock clears comments on him recently :wink:

1) williams vacant seat.-> Heidfeld

3) sauber vacant seat(s)-> Davidson

4) jag vacant seat(s)->Coulthard and Bourdais

5) jordan vacant seats->Briscoe and Albers

6) minardi vacant seats-< Jacques Vileneuve (doesn't deserve better) and Bernie Ecclestone

i hope shaun wasn't reading :lol:

interesting picks for jag and jordan.

Just read that load of Bull$hit. Prove JV is worse than Hiedfeld Nicklaus, I've asked you to do so many times, but you don't respond, is it cos you have no serious argument to prove Nick is better than Jacques. jacques would destroy Nick and you know it. Prove it, come on, you're big enough to talk utter rubbish, back it up. Besides, if Heidfeld was any good McLaren would have hired him instead of Kimi, proving he ain't all that!!!

1) williams vacant seat.-> who else but Jacques

3) sauber vacant seat(s)-> Bourdais or Davidson

4) jag vacant seat(s)->Coulthard and Liuzzi

5) jordan vacant seats-> Glock and Briscoe

6) minardi vacant seats - whoever has the most $$, anyways even if they had no $$ probs, they wouldn't touch Heidfeld with a 50 foot pole :x

Come on!!... How can you say that JV deserves driving a Minardi? :shock: Heidfeld is just an average racer meanwhile JV is a former WDC. I don

both JV and hindfeld should have the last seet at Williams but inly one can have it.

with toyota its been truilli for a wile and i think that Nicklaus hit the nail on the head with his Jordan drivers Briscoe and Albers. Briscoe because this way Jordan get cheap Toyota engines and Albers because of Trust and also Wilux (but Wilux wonts him there more). and with minardi i think it will be Bas and the next with a lot of money. and well we all know what the rest is going to be but Bourdais thats a strange one. i whould like to see him in F1 maby he might find somey money somewere and get the drive.

I see he really is all talk then, he still hasn't proved JV is worse than Nick. Doesn't matter, JV has a title, Nick a podium, I'm content with the achievements of Jacques.

I'm with you on the Jordan line up Webber, as for Minardi, I think Montagny could go there, paid by Renault, as Webber and Alonso were, and I think Zsolt would have a good chance to stay. He's driven very good considering and hasn't been as slow as everyone thought he was, definitely not the worst they've had, and he scored a point, I think he's done enough to stay, plus he's loaded with cash, so that will help.

Webber, haven't heard from you since Mark was announced at Williams, Im guessing you're pretty happy mate, you coming down to Melbourne for next year's race, it'll be big for sure!! :D

if i have the money i might go with a mate from work who went this year and said it was great.

I see he really is all talk then, he still hasn't proved JV is worse than Nick. Doesn't matter, JV has a title, Nick a podium, I'm content with the achievements of Jacques.

I'm with you on the Jordan line up Webber, as for Minardi, I think Montagny could go there, paid by Renault, as Webber and Alonso were, and I think Zsolt would have a good chance to stay. He's driven very good considering and hasn't been as slow as everyone thought he was, definitely not the worst they've had, and he scored a point, I think he's done enough to stay, plus he's loaded with cash, so that will help.

Webber, haven't heard from you since Mark was announced at Williams, Im guessing you're pretty happy mate, you coming down to Melbourne for next year's race, it'll be big for sure!!   :D

well in my honest opinion you can't prove JV is worse or Nick is worse...JV has drove for a top team and won a WDC, nick hasn't had the chance to drive in a top car (yet). So you can't say nick is crap and u also can't say JV is. They are both good in my eyes.

The remaining seats for 2005 just increased in my opinion.

Williams interest in Button sort of puts their value on Heidfield , or even more so BMW's lack of value on him in perspective.

J.V. value is now preceived less than Buttons by at least Williams ...unless of course Button was grabbed up on a plea by Button and his manager pointing out the contractual loop-hole to Frank Williams.

This also points out that contact to Frank Williams is very much open to driver selection.

to be honest io think it was a no-brainer for frank once the opportunity was there. there is more than a little risk invovled in going for jv now, a season out of f1, and mika, 3 seasons out. it would have taken him all of 5 minutes to go for button, a regular podium finisher at a now-top team, over the current available regular drivers, incl even fisi, webber and trulli.