Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

Zonta to replace Da Matta at Toyota

well Zontas in and DaMata is out. but Toyota did not say why there not racing Da mata but they did say that he is still able to race if Toyota need him and he may have to do some markting stuff and also RB will become friday tester.

i read that on grandprix.com but it was only a rumour, is that official confirmation? From which site? If Bourdais gets an F1 drive, he'll go back to Newman Haas.

yep its true, but I cant believe any websites didnt run the headline...

De Matta De Moted... ;)

:lol:

great news for ryan....not a big fan of da matta he has been prety unspectacular all of his f1 days.

Again and again....

Other CART representative that doesnt get the pace in F1, its a shame.

I saw Damatta win in Mexico city in his last season in CART (I went to that race)...

Another that bites the dust...

ah but what about JPM? he was CART champion in 2000. And where will Jarno Trulli end up next year?

yep its true, but I cant believe any websites didnt run the headline...

De Matta De Moted... ;)

:lol:

go briscoe! :D

ah but what about JPM? he was CART champion in 2000. And where will Jarno Trulli end up next year?

JPM won the cart series in 1999, Gil de Ferran won in 2000. Additionally when JPM won the cars had a bit over 900 hp where as when Da Matta won the cars where detuned to a lousy 700 hp. Very different machines because of it.

JV for the Williams seat !!! :lol:

I had thought that Da matta should be replaced with Zonta long ago ...now it is a go ahead.

This is exactly the type of thing that should happen to SATO ,with Davidson going in. Does BAR have the backbone to pull the move ? (nah...) :cry:

Massa out ...yeah that would be a small change of heart from the controlling group over at ..Ferrari ...

Some moving and shaken going on ...about time too! :P

the "toyota f1 racing driver" position and job title is cursed mate. i'm glad webber went to williams, because they have done nothing but ruin driver's careers..

The same could be said of Jaguar should you stay too long.

Really Mika Salo was fine ,although the impression he not doing what Toyota expected for the rate of momentum shown in the F1 races made them go the route they did.

Grabbing Panis to replace McNish on developement feedback and to rate Da Matta in my opinion probably hurt Toyota's assessment of Da Matta :shock:

Da Matta should be ahead of Panis or at least put in some top qualifing spots which Panis showed several times makes the decision of letting go Da Matta the probably regrettable choice after two years.

Ralf ? I do not know ...but he is more experienced than Da Matta ...any better ....time will tell. Is there an allowance for Toyota to drop Ralf based on lack of performance results ?

Keeping Panis may be just as if not more effective than say putting D.C. in there.

Salo did a great job its just because Toyota wonted results faster they they chould get so they droped him.