Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagman

irvine's big mouth

this is hard for me to say, because i am a huge Jaguar fan, but what is the deal with Eddie Irvine?

Does he just like seeing his name in the press or does he get off baging everyone all the itme?

on saturday he basically comes out and says that he is gonna 'pay back' villeneuve for slowing him down on a quick lap.

LOL

i relate to the soap box thingy ;)

i get on those WAAAAYYY too often! :)

on the subject of your post, i was unaware of these comments made by irvine. ....but that's driving.. each to their own about what causes what.

jos DID have an awesome drive and if that doesn't inspire envy amongst other drivers, nothing will.

Actually I think Irvine may be right here...

He does indeed have the right to be mad since both races so far he has been shunted at the first corner. Watching the replay actually does make you think since it does seem that Verstappen had plenty of room around Irvine but he still bumped into him.

But what REALLY makes you think is that no penalty was given to Verstappen even if he did do something wrong. If you think back to Austria last year when Zonta knocked out Schumacher at the first corner, Zonta received a monstrous penalty while nothing was awarded at Sepang or Melbourne this year.

JP Montoya caused Irvine to lose spots at Melbourne in the first corner of the race, Rubens knocked out Frentzen at Melbourne and Ralf Schumacher today, and also HHF's start tactics at Melbourne where he clearly bumped into Coulthard 3 times before the first corner to try and get ahead.

Just think about it......

Actually I think Irvine may be right here...

He does indeed have the right to be mad since both races so far he has been shunted at the first corner. Watching the replay actually does make you think since it does seem that Verstappen had plenty of room around Irvine but he still bumped into him.

But what REALLY makes you think is that no penalty was given to Verstappen even if he did do something wrong. If you think back to Austria last year when Zonta knocked out Schumacher at the first corner, Zonta received a monstrous penalty while nothing was awarded at Sepang or Melbourne this year.

JP Montoya caused Irvine to lose spots at Melbourne in the first corner of the race, Rubens knocked out Frentzen at Melbourne and Ralf Schumacher today, and also HHF's start tactics at Melbourne where he clearly bumped into Coulthard 3 times before the first corner to try and get ahead.

Just think about it......

you may be right saying he has a case to get angry, but saying he will seek revenge on Villeneuve and saying Verstappen doesnt use his brain to the press borders on being childish.

All I am trying to say is that Irvine needs to harness the enrgy of his mouth and put in behind the wheel of his R2.. ;)