Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow

2005 Calender

From F1-Live

Bernie Ecclestone’s 2005 provisional calendar includes the addition of Turkey on the Calendar taking the number of races up to 19 next season.

The provisional calendar had yet to e ratified by the World Council and is still subject to change. The calendar features four back-to- back events, something that teams like to try and avoid.

The Turkish Grand Prix is scheduled for July 31st, leaving a three week gap to the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Provisional Calendar

06/03/2005: Melbourne - Australia

20/03/2005: Sepang – Malaysia

03/04/2005: Bahrain - Bahrain

17/04/2005: Imola – San Marino

24/04/2005: Nurburgring - Europe

08/05/2005: Barcelona - Spain

22/05/2005: Monaco - Monaco

05/06/2005: Montreal - Canada

12/06/2005: Indianapolis – United States

26/06/2005: Magny-Cours - France

03/07/2005: Silverstone - Britain

17/07/2005: Hockenheim - Germany

31/07/2005: Istanbul - Turkey

21/08/2005: Hungaroring - Hungary

04/09/2005: Spa-Francorchamps - Belgium

11/09/2005: Monza - Italy

25/09/2005: Shanghai - China

09/10/2005: Suzuka - Japan

23/10/2005: Interlagos – Brazil.

More races=More Action for a theory. But maybe Bernie did'nt have the heart to take San Marino off.

nah more like Bernie can see the EXTRA DOLLARS from more races !!! :shock:

More races in new countries is a good thing if they are gradually introduced and only the poorest venues are replaced, if that is what eventually must happen. I still do not like the fact that France, Germany and Italy all get two GPs though

France does not get 2 races, Monaco is an independantly governened and independantly financed state. In fact the only people (it seems) that call Monaco a part of France are traditional French haters the Brits.

Ditto with Imola, it's in San Marino, another principality, country, whatever you wish to call it.

And oh the Nurburbring is a circuit I like. I would'nt kike to see it go. After Spa it is probably one of the scenic tracks left in the calender. I positively hated it when they altered Hockeinheim.

Ditto with Imola, it's in San Marino, another principality, country, whatever you wish to call it.

Only it's not the same. Imola is in Italy. San Marino is about 30 miles from Imola. It's just an excuse to hold two races in Italy. A flag of convenience, if you will. At least the Monaco race is held within the principality.

Not that I'm complaining - I like Imola and Monza, and indeed am off to the latter at the weekend!

java script:emoticon(':)')

GJB

8) Wellcome to the boards GJB

I have a hard time believing that, someone get some kind of GPS deal with the track to see where it really is located.

gjb is right, Imola is near Bologna, which is in Italy, not San Marino

gjb is right, Imola is near Bologna, which is in Italy, not San Marino

How interesting, my religion teacher's last name is Bologna and she goes there quite a bit. interesting...