Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Susan

"Finn"ished Finn without honour

What is wrong with the Mclaren team? Mika has no chance of affecting the championship yet intends to go all out to win in this his last race - possible ever, yet his team mate, who has been ordered to let him win many times in the past when the championship was at stake, has a better than good chance of taking second place out - and could have been better if Mclaren and Mika had done their best to support him with the best car etc. Mika, you've had your day and now all you can think of is going our in a haze of glory - and such short lived glory at that.

Buddy,

I think that you need to rephrase your words. Consider the fact that hakkinen has twice been the world champion. Last to last year it was Coulthard who blew many of Hakkinen's chances to win the world championship convincingly. What about the many times when Ccoulthard had gone and rammed in his nose behind Hakkinen's car and spoilt his chances. even last year if Coulthard had not blocked or butted Hakkinen's car he might've won the WC. I agree with you when coulthard hadd supported Hakkinen in his WC titles. In fact i even remember that Hakkinen had won his first title when Coulthard stepped over and let Hakkinen pass to take the top step on the podium. But finally you got to understand that there are two championships side by side. the Drivers and Constructors. I do believe that Hakkinen finds he is going nowhere then he will definitely support Coulthard in his bid.

But, please give the man a chance for a good farewell.

The only real instance I remember is Melbourne 98, because that ws the FIRST race of the season, and really DC didnt have to let Mika through as they were both on equal ground, 0 points.

But aside that, I dont really know...Coulthard has helped Mika but it has mostly been when he has already lost hope. I mean, in 2000 DC was out of the race by Hockenheim. Then again 2000 was a fluke for Mika, I'm really thinking that it was his championship even though Michael won, what, 9 races?

I mean races such as Melbourne, Brazil, Hockenheim, and Indy were his, until his engine blew or an idiot ran on the track. Had he won Hockenheim, or not blown up in Indy, Im thinking the tables would have been turned on Michael, and this is mathematical fact...

Well said...Jens. I got carried away, just can't tolerate somebody lambasting poor ol' Mika.:biggrin:got confused:confused:

Still this season I want DC buddy to give damned Schumy( I spell it "Shoe Me") the horror treatment by going WINS WINS WINS...:cool: