Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

!!! VILLENEUVE WILL TEST FOR RENAULT !!!

How would you best describe this news?  

1. 1. How would you best describe this news?

• Excellent News
    • Good News
    • OK News

from itv-f1.com:

VILLENEUVE WILL TEST FOR RENAULT

Last Updated: Tuesday, 14, September, 2004, 21:19

Jacques Villeneuve will test for Renault at Silverstone on Wednesday and Thursday.

The 1997 World Champion had a seat-fitting at the team's Enstone base on Tuesday, despite denials from Renault that there was nothing to the growing rumours that he was in line to test, and possibly replace Jarno Trulli for the final three Grands Prix of the year.

Team boss Flavio Briatore said: "We have reached an agreement for Jacques to test for the team at Silverstone on Wednesday and Thursday.

"This test might lead to Jacques joining the team for the final three races of the season beginning next week at the Chinese Grand Prix."

Trulli, who won his first Grand Prix at Monaco earlier this year, is expected to join Toyota for next season, and the seal will be announced in China next weekend.

I posted the Good News rating , as I think that there is still much more to come to getting a race seat for next year.

Ralf SCHum. testing well is also good news for the recovery of his back condition and hopefully another experienced driver returning to the scene.

After Thursday will be very interesting.

that is a direct quote from big flav??

then it's excellent news. there's nothing worse than watching a driver purposefully underperform to get back at his employers, which is basically a bitchfight. i by no means think that trulli's gripe is unjustified, but i would much rather see a motivated driver taking it to the ferrari's and the racetrack.

the only downside is that this hurts my team's chance for 2nd. but seeing an ex-wdc fighting to earn back his respect will be well worth it. esp at a clean slate track like shanghai.

woops, one step at a time. lets hope he does well enough at silverstone to get the seat at shanghai!

8) Well although it's not a "done" deal the prospect of JV returning as a hired gun in a proven car makes me humbled in my past remarks, while still not a fan of JV I can see the upside to this. His chance to put it to BAR, but it also brings up the question, if this goes as planned and brings

Renault back to 2nd in constructors what are the chances that Bar would hire him for next yr. espc. if DR is still in charge? And if JV does well, does Flav. keep him and if so what about Fisi? Talk about your "can of worms" That said here's to Schummi opening, and Rubens also, a big can of whoop a## on him! If it's the othe way around I'll eat most humble pie!

8) Let's Get Ready To RUMMMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE! :wink:

Sauber seems to be set to announce Jacques Villeneuve as their F1 driver for next year . So this may not be in Renault's hands as an Free option toward Jacques.

Sauber seems to holding either Fishichella or J.V. from easy Free options of a couple of other main teams.

Effective Testing by Jacques will be important for his success on the China F1 race. Comparative test times will be interesting with any other drivers present .

8) Well it's JV to Sauber as of November 1 '04, that leaves him to get his feet wet with Renault for the final 3 races and also leaves the Truli to BAR? and Fisi back to Renault deals still a GO! :wink: :wink: 8) :D

from itv-f1.com:

VILLENEUVE HITS THE TRACK

Last Updated: Wednesday, 15, September, 2004, 16:13

Jacques Villeneuve got behind the wheel of an F1 car for the first time since last year

8) Yes too many variables to compare times, some are working on areo some on tyres, and JV in a car that 3-4 secs. faster than what he drove last yr. plus the fitting problems. I agree tomorrow will be more of a speed day as they should have the fitting snafus worked out, but then again he'll be a little sore I'm sure.

I wish Flavio would just dismiss Trulli, but, we must allow JV more time in the Renault to get more 'comfy' with the car. Great news for JV.

i can't remember the last time i got up to check testing time straight away in the morning. :lol: this must be a good thing for f1 that jv is in the mix again.

good call about the car being 3 secs or so faster, and on very different tyres. it must have been a hell of a shock to see how much the cars have developed, and specifically the renault, which has a very good tyre-car combination relative to last year's bar.

he must have gone to sleep with a big smile on his face! :D

Villeneuve is slow  :roll:

Some people never learn.

There is only one anti-JV guy on this site, he just uses a different username sometimes so don

I'm not trying to sound rude, but how do you know he uses another name? IP addresses?

Villeneuve shoots to 3rd on his second day.Here are the times.Trulli has started testing too.

Times:

01 Sato BAR 1:17:398 81 laps

02 R

YYYYYEEEEAAAHHHHHH. :D:D

Hello good people of the total f1 forum, yes I've been absent for a few days, getting over all this damn great news, talk about a rollercoaster ride. All the downers, then two deals in one day, what a way to return!!!!

THE JACQUES ATTACK IS BACK MAC!!!!!!!!!! I went to uni a little early on Tuesday and went up to the computer room to hop on the net, ion the hope of reading something positive about JV. What happened????? I read that Renault confirm JV will test!!!!!!! The room was packed, and I almost gave a big YEEEAAAAHHHH, but just gave a quick YEAH!!!! The guy sitting next to me gave me a funny look, saw the screen, then kept doing his work, but I was so so happy and mightily relieved!!!! This is for all the JV fans out there, YEEAAHHHHHH, I've been giving a few of those out this week, and then this morning, my mate texted me that JV was confirmed at Sauber, WHOOOOHOOO. If you can't tell, Im damn excited, overjoyed, and relieved!!!!!!! I now have something to look forward to in terms of F1. Bad luck for Trulli, but he put it on himself by driving like a pansy. He drove slow on purpose at Monza, then put in quick ones in the last few laps, sort of a F... You to the team, but he's got a seat and will probably race for Toyota in China. Roll on the end of this year, then Melbourne '05, and Ill be there, cheering proudly as ever, for the boy racer, Jacques Villeneuve!!!!!

I expected JV to be slow on his first day, but considering all the variables to get within one sec of Alonso was fantastic, then I check the times first think, just like my good friend Taku, and he's way up there, once he got the setup he was on fire. He had gearbox probs and seating problems but once sorted, he proved he's still got what it takes!! FORZA VILLENEUVE!!!!!

Sorry if I seem over the top, but there has been a hell of alot of disappointments as a JV fan, so something great must be appreciated.

don't worry mate, you're allowed to be a tad exuberant we think!! talk about a rollercoaster ride. i think you've seen it all!

:big thumbs up: :!:

Well, this is a big happy family, except Lord Death and Nicklaus. They probably got two "fingers" up now, if ya know what i mean. Either way, this is great news for all of us.

Well, this is a big happy family, except Lord Death and Nicklaus. They probably got two "fingers" up now, if ya know what i mean. Either way, this is great news for all of us.

it's the same guy using two user names I think