Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adrianmj

Does RB deserve another year at Ferari

well just wondering what u guys think coz in my opinion RB and MS is having the best car on the grid and well MS is doing pretty well but Rubens isn't, WHY ...same car same engine......he should have at least outqualified Michael in a few of the races.....

Nah AMJ.

Like it or not MS is a whole class above all the rest, MH & RB included.

Equal car, equal everything its still schumi by a good margin.

RB makes a great number two even to the 2 on his cap!

Ferrari just want to secure the Constructor's title and that is RB job as for WDC that's MS part! So i think RB is doing a great job tho last season was more competitive! Probably because Williams were not that stong anyway i think he deserves another year at Ferrari!

In my opinion, Ferrari should show RB the door.

With the wealth of new young talent up and coming Formula 1 looks very strong for the future, if I was in charge at Ferrari I would get a young upcomer and put him under MS's wing to nurture him to take over the mantle once schuey decided to retire.

Ferrari are rumoured to be courting Raikkonen and i bet a lot more teams are too and it would be a great decision to get him on board in the number 2 car.  Who knows what he is capable of in a championship winning car!

(i wish Jaguar would snap him up, i wonder how water tight his Sauber contract is...?)

Right Jaggy

The schumi protege idea has real merit.

RB is there as a definite number two to assist MS to the WDC & Ferrari to the WCC but it's time to look at the end of schumi's career.

Ferrari have shown themselves capable of taking the long view & a successor to MS would be in line with this thinking.

Nevertheless, Go Ralfie 2002

Simply no!

Rubens doesn't suit Ferrari, although he did pull through for the team on Sunday.

Get Jenson Button in a Ferrari!

:)

ya there's rumours of raikkonen movin to ferrari but i would say that's a waste of talent coz at ferarri he has no chance of becoming a WC now...well not until schumi retires at least ........

Leave RB there - he's doing his job, getting results...he'll never get to Schumacher's zone, but who cares? As for new talent - why not wait until it's proven talent? Ferrari want to be successful, they don't want to take chances.

Employing up and coming talent is the cheap gamble, just look at Jordan and Minardi of late. Eddie gets a bit of cash flow in the team, and he can go for the experienced fellas...

Jenson Button!!!!

Ferrari want to keep winning the WCC as well as the WDC & they can't do that with only one driver.

RB does an admirable job as number 2 inasmuch as when MS is unable to podium RB seems to somehow get up there, don't see any of the young hopefulls doing that.

But they don't *need* anyone else until Schumacher retires, do you see what I'm saying?

Schumacher wants to be undisputed team leader - which he is, no matter what RB says.

Ferrari have a lure, something magical - every driver dreams of racing for them. When the time comes, the Ferrari lawyers get out their cheque books, and the best drivers come flocking over. They don't need to train young drivers up, or have a young drivers scheme - they just buy the best driver at the best time, and start winning straight away, hopefully.

Right Sam.

I missed the point about Ferrari not needing a "young drivers scheme". They can, do & will buy the best as they need them.

I still think though that Ferrari need someone of RB's talent & temperament to secure the WCC.

He gets podiums or at least points most races & he is an obedient No. 2 who does not have a rush of blood & take out his team leader like many other supposed assistant drivers.

As far as I can see Ferrari have never really developed young drivers.  They have always gone for the ones with a bit more experience.  We can all see that to a certain extent Ferrari have broken Ruby's spirit, forcing him to be number two.  

I have liked Ruby ever since he started in F1 and I always had high hopes for his future, but now I dont think he will be anything but a number two.  For that reason I think Raikonnen or any of the young guns would be a bad idea.  They all have an abundance of talent, and to see that wasted at Ferrari would be a shame.  

Leave the development to the rest of the grid.  Williams and McLaren have always been good at that sort of thing.

I think Ruby should stay with Ferrari, at least until MS retires, that way all the younger drivers can develop their skill withought too much interferance or deferance.