Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assaf

Dc is an idiot!

Well,

Dc said about young Bernoldi that "He is not a man, he is an idiot"

I think that Bernoldi show to the world what kind of a driver is Dc (not so good) and what kind of person he is (very little one)

David learn from Mika what does it mean to be a sportman!

Assaf

Visit our web site

www.formula-1.co.il

Yes Assaf, DC was out of line calling Bernoldi an idiot, but you have to consider in the heat of the moment due to frustrations etc people say things they shouldnt.

I dont agree that Monaco showed that DC is a bad driver, to me it highlighted the fact that Monaco is nearly impossible to overtake on and DC was taking it 'easy' to ensure he got to the checkered flag, it would have done him no good to barge through and risk hitting the armco or the Arrows, ending his race as the way it ended he finshied in the top 6 with 2 points that may well be the telling factor at the end of the season...

I said this in the "Arrows name change" thread & it applies here also.

Bernoldi was legally entitled to do what he did & it certainly got lots of tv time for arrows, something they normally only get for a few seconds when they retire.

On the other hand dc was driving a potentially faster car & maybe the rules could be changed to do the three blue flag thing if the baulked car's qualifying time was, say 103% of the baulker.

Bernoldi wasn't an idiot. To the contrary, he was being very clever in managing to legally stay in front of a faster car.

And yes DC was right in ensuring his 2 points, after all the WDC has been won by half a point. (Lauda over Prost I think)

Assaf,

I have to believe there is an element of jealousy in your post!  Bernoldi deserved to be critiscised for holding up a better driver - and ruining what could have been a good contest between the leaders of the championshp. One wonders if the Arrows had a deal to block DC when this occured - Bernoldi had np chance of being in the points  - what he did was spiteful and childish - much like your post!

I think DC was completely fair in calling him an idiot - Bernoldi was driving dangerously for the sake of keeping a car that was 4 seconds quicker than him behind him...DC could have muscled past a few times, but Bernoldi slammed the door on a driver who is quite clearly a lot more skilled than he is. If DC had got past earlier on, a podium would almost certainly have been on the cars, and those 2 extra points could have been vital - all we can ask is that people show consideration to a driver who IS fighting for the championship - what was Bernoldi gaining in fighting for 15th place? Would he have let Michael Schumacher through? I think we all know the answer to that.

I have been an F1 fan for many years and in the past have always looked forward to, and enjoyed the Monaco race. However, my feeling is that the Monaco race should now be dropped from the calendar because the track can no longer cope with the speeds of the modern F1 car, overtaking is virtually imposible and as a consequence the race become very processional and boring. This years race has proved that and I will venture to say that even if it had been the so called "great MS in his Ferrari who was stuck behind the Arrows of EB instead of DC, I very much doubt if he would have been able to pass, at least, not fairly and of course, if he came to grief when attempting the pass which would be highly likely he would blame EB but I expect there will be a number of 'one-eyed" Ferrari and MS fans who will dispute that. KenN

(Edited by KenN at 10:16 pm on June 10, 2001)

I am not a Ferrari/MS fan "one-eyed' or otherwise (although I do say he is the best current F1 driver) but MS's results at Monaco speak for themselves.

Previous Winners:

2000 - David Coulthard - McLaren Mercedes

1999 - Michael Schumacher - Ferrari

1998 - Mika Hakkinen - McLaren Mercedes

1997 - Michael Schumacher - Ferrari

1996 - Olivier Panis - Ligier Mugen Honda

1995 - Michael Schumacher - Benetton Renault

1994 - Michael Schumacher - Benetton Ford

I think he would have found a way past the hay-bale, oops, Arrows.

Nevertheless I agree that Monaco should be dropped, the circuit altered or something like my 103% idea brought in.

Assaf,

I agree with you.

So what's the case with you guys? Should anyone allow him to pass, in order to climb to the 2nd position?

And then what?

Maybe Schumy should slow down for DC to reach him and see some fight.

Or even better he should let him pass because if DC was behind him, he would stay there and even be happy about it, even if he complained later.

Get a grip on reality here - poor Schumey -  may get Rhumey if he was kept waiting 45 laps. He would be screaming at Bernoldi to get out of his way - and would have pushed him off the trasck in record time and the #### with how Bernoldi fared - what planet have you ben hding on? Schey hasn't got a patient bone in his body!

I agree, DC is more patient and might be even a better sportsman than Schumey, but does this give him the right to climb in second place with no fight?

I would curse Schumey if he had such a claim.

As I cursed him for accepting the team-orders in

A1-Ring, it wasn't the time or the place.

But just because Ferrari is using team-orders, doesn't

give a reason to McLaren to use 'over-team-orders', or

Ron acting like a baby.

I'm sorry, but I appear to be not having the faintest idea what you're on about...

DC - complained because Bernoldi was driving dangerously. I have no doubt that Bernoldi would want to be seen to be helping Michael Schumacher if the same thing had happened. Without help from the other driver, it IS impossible to overtake at Monaco.

And, let me get this right - you think that Ferrari should jeopardise a 250 million dollar a year investment to keep you happy while you watch the race? It is a spectacle, but it's also an expensive business.

Maybe you are right my dear friend, but when it comes down to how much business involves in F1, I prefer not to continue the discussion.

Call me a dreamer, but I prefer to watch a race under a sports prisma. And I certainly like to get angry with Ferrari when they lose points, in stead of searching for some deeper factors.

If you totally lose the idea that this might be the greatest of sports, and start thinking of every race like an NBA game, then maybe you should stop watching it.

I don't watch the stock exchanges why should I watch F1?

In certain situations you just have to pretend you are blind.

Eitherway, I believe that the influence Ferrari has over the entire sport is not that greater than that of McLaren. Just maybe in different areas. So I think that things get around even about the of the season.

Or so I would like to believe.

P.S.  Monaco is VERY HARD to overtake but not Impossible.

You are so very wrong there - the stock exchange and F1 in the same breath - where is your heartbeat? Bernoldi was 4 seconds a lap slower than DC - he definately played a blocking game - Monaco is imposible to pass irrespective of how good the driver is - as Bernoldi showed - unless both parties allow it to occur - viz - when he allowed the lapping  cars to pass - then immediately pulled in to block DC. The last race showed how well he can drive - so ok - DC had to retire - because of car failure not driver ineptitude!

You can't delude yourself into thinking that F1 is just about the racing. 2 hours every two weeks is the racing part, and you've got so many millions of other different factors involved.

Usually these little rumours are scaremongering to explain why someone should have an advantage over someone else, but I think that Ferrari do have more influence over the sport - but why shouldn't they? They've been around every single season, made the time and the effort to put into F1 - maybe they should have some kind of a return out of it...

Susan

I think what Millie was saying was something like.

"If F1 is run purely on commercial lines it will become merely a virtual world where nothing is real except the financial outcome, thus removing the passion & excitement.

The exeption would be those stock exchange nerds who get off on watching share price fluctuations & being thrilled when a stock varies by half a cent."

Sam has it right, F1 is money, image & the 10,000 other things that together make it the worlds best sport.

Well, yes that was exactly my point, thanks Sandy for clearing that out.

I guess you are all right about the money thing, and I know that. I just choose to forget it sometimes, in order to accept a result as it comes.

Anyway I think that the topic is old news.

Of course DC could have done better and he was unlucky from the start. But this things happen around the season to all the drivers, one way or another.

So  I believe that the championship will still go to the one deserving it, whoever that is.

And that's all I wish for.