Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Mika

People you must have some comments about his misfortune! I found it the most annoying thing ever, last lap!!!

No doubt mika was annoyed, yesterday they had a tape of him that clearly showed his anger after the race. He seemed like a teenager throwing a fit (like me!)!

But still 12 races to go, plenty of time to do some catching up and I'll bet with this fury he'll be determined as ever to win in Austria.

I think schumi said it all in his post race interview.

To paraphrase him.

"I feel sorry for mika but it has happened to me before & now its happened to him & it will happen to some one else later, thats motor racing."

Still it makes dc's chances better & if mclaren are to win the WCC then I think dc is the man to do it. ( thats just my view not schumis)

Yeah, I dont really like MH, but seeing that on the last lap mad me feel for the guy and seeing Schuey there to pick up the pieces made it worse....

Is it just me, or is Schuey blessed?

It would be very interesting to find out how many engine failures Schuey has had in his F1 career compared to Mika or other drivers.  Wonder where we can find this info?

As long as MH is loved by on Dennis, DC doesnt stand a chance,  The coment made by Ron on Sunday said it all.

DC could score in the next 10 races , but you will still see team order for the remainder, in Mikas favour.  Sad but true.

I agree with Claire, DC is not given the treatment he deserves, or maybe its just us, the press.

But really, like jagman said, seeing Schuey there to take the win made it all worse. I just wished he crashed while looking at Hakkinen in excitement or something so Montoya would win!

Schuey has to be the luckiest driver to ever drive in F1, and by lucky I mean not very many car failures, always gets the better of someone when they get something wrong etc.

I think Mika Hakkinen is definitely what you would call lucky. I mean he must has had so many breakdowns etc. yet he has still managed to win 2 WCs.

That reminds me of something that was on ITV-F1 the other day. It said that DC may have been slow in San Marino due to having scored the night before with a Brazilian model. THAT may explain why Mika has won 2 championships LOL!

i was also very distrought after mika blew up i am not one of his biggest fans but to end a race this way is not good. and yes i am a ferrari fan but having schumie there to pick up the pieces even for me doesnt seem fair but thats motor racing!!

I have mentioned the luck factor before (& got jumped all over for it) but allan jones got it pretty right when he mentioned schumis luck/ability to go off, cross a gravel trap, not damage the nose cone & even end up facing the right way with the engine still running.

Australias peter brock had the same gift whereas poor stirling moss had a career full of mika's incidents ( & never ended up winning the WDC either.)