Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

Biggest Disappointment of the season so far

Who has been a real disappointment this year?

Can be driver or team.

Mine would have to be:

Benetton - They've promised loads but not delivered

Mika Hakkinen - Has just lost it this year

Jordan - Great team, but down on luck

i think you hit the nail on the head.  those three are stand out disappointments, but I would like to add Barrichello to the list too, I was hoping for more of a fight with him and schuey early on in the season, but it didnt ever really happen.

And Irvine too.

2001 could have been the start of Jaguar building up like Benneton did some years ago but EI just wants to win with his mouth instead of on the track.

I have been disappointed for Jordan this year but I don't think they have been disappointing (if that makes sense to you).

Button has been a huge fizzer this year.

Mika :( someone must have cursed him this year. I really feel sorry for the guy. If (yes I know the big IF factor) he had finished in Spain he would only be 2 points behind RS and 5 points behind RB, real contention for 3 in the WDC.

Verstappen: Everyone raved how great he was after Sepang but he has done sweet F.A. since then (not that this is his fault that everyone raved about him).

Villeneuve and Feentzen: I put these two together as they would be a major disappointment to their team bosses as they are regularly getting their bottoms kicked by their (much more lowly paid I

My biggest disappointment has been McLaren - Ron Dennis has quite conclusively proved he is a) a moron and B) obviously doesn't run a 2-car team.

He has slandered DC's abilities in public, and refused to bring in team orders to help him which would have given a completely different slant on the standings now. He says he has onlyused team orders 3 times in the last 11 years (?) - 2 of those at least have been in recent times - for Mika Hakkinen to win, when he hasn't been in a fighting position for the championship

The Adrian Newey saga has also annoyed me - Ron Dennis wants the best staff - even if they don't want to be there. If people want to leave McLarenF1, then he puts them on "Special Projects" so no-one else can get them.

And Jaguar.

Poor results, spend more time in court than on the podium, employ Eddie-the-mouth, employ Indycar has-been Rahal, sack drivers for F1 unrelated off track behaviour: the list goes on.

Right Sam

As was often said about the Yanks in Americas Cup racing.

"Win, tie or wrangle."

Money doesn't make a top team (although you can't get to the very top without it), so yes Jaguar takes the No. 11 prize for 2001

I think you guys have summed it all up quite well.

I am also really dissapointed at the lack of competition this year.  Shcumacher has run away with the title, and no one seems to be able to stop him.  DC will not catch him, but if he isnt careful he will be caught himself, by Ralf.

Jordan have been really dire this year, what happened to them?  It looks to me like they have lost focus.  To much time spent on PR, not enough on F1.  Come on lads, pull your socks up.

But for me, I have nothing really to be dissapointed with, Williams have surprised everyone with 2 wins so far.  I expect that figure to be increased by the end of the season.  So all in all, I'm happy.

It just makes for a cracking season next year - can Williams fight for the title? Are McLaren on the slippery slope? Are we in an era of Ferrari domination? Mika will be having one last fling before he retires, and the drivers market is going to be hot, with rather a few contracts running out at the end of 2002...