Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Jense: 'michael Will Be Beaten'

If RB can step up to it, MS/RB will be a good race. He was really standing on it at the end of the year. RB needs to start ahead of MS more often to make it fair. I really don't like the qualifying rules... Since race strategy comes into play, MS is always going to be given the advantage over RB.

It's going to be interesting to see how McLaren works their qual/race strategy out. I think KR got preference last year, but JPM wouldn't stand for that. Since they have to plan to pit on different laps, either they both qual with the same amount of fuel and the loser comes in with fuel in his tank, or they flip a coin to decide who's coming in first and has a 1 lap lighter fuel load for qual.

Thoughts?

You forget that different drivers have a different comfort zone with the car - some will preffer more fuel others less. The great thing is that there will be less impact by the tyres during the race (if you have a rotten set - your are stuck with it for the duration!).

A team will always support the most consistent of the driving pair - and getting the car up the grid counts for alot! JPM may or may not stand for anything but his feelings will not move anybody at maclaren, pure performance gets him the advantage or disadvantage. F1 is not there to nurse egos!

If RB can step up to it, MS/RB will be a good race. He was really standing on it at the end of the year. RB needs to start ahead of MS more often to make it fair. I really don't like the qualifying rules... Since race strategy comes into play, MS is always going to be given the advantage over RB on the qualifying/starting lap fuel load.

It's going to be interesting to see how McLaren works their qual/race strategy out. I think KR got preference last year, but JPM wouldn't stand for that. Since they have to plan to pit on different laps, either they both qual with the same amount of fuel and the loser comes in with fuel in his tank, or they flip a coin to decide who's coming in first and has a 1 lap lighter fuel load for qual.

I long for the good old days when the whoever qualified best among teammates got to designate the team race strategy.

Thoughts?

You have said it: "MS is allways going to be given advantage over RB..." and i have no comments. I do agree with the hole message... ;) Interesting battle in McLaren. Nobody know what

You have said it: "MS is allways going to be given advantage over RB..." and i have no comments. I do agree with the hole message...  ;) Interesting battle in McLaren. Nobody know what

there's obviously no convincing you people that JV's time is up, his glory days are long behind him. I guess i'll just let his 2005 results convince u instead!

and I guess there's no convincing you that JV is still a force and has a lot of unfinished business in the sport, and...oh why do I bother, if I've said it once I ve said it a thousand times. If anything, Im expecting next years results to confirm our belief in Jacques and that the JV bashers like yourself have been wrong all along.

Absolutely none of course! Hey I accept that you support JV for what he does. But there's no use arguing that he did a good job for Renault, because he didn't and we all know it. Fair enough, he needed time to adjust. So instead they should have used their test driver, who was used to the car.

the JB thing aside, you don't know how many JV fans agree with you on that. The move was a disaster for the team, but for JV, it did nothing but good for him. He got his rear end back into an F1 car and learnt how much the cars have developed and learnt about Michelin tyres. He had the deal with Sauber done already and PS has already stated he expected JV's comeback to be was it was due to all the mitigating circumstances. Im in full agreeance that for Renault, they should have put Montagny in the car, but this was great for JV for all the reasons above. If for nothing else, hiring JV was great publicity for the team, proven by the fact that the Renault site crashed when news of JV's deal broke with all of the interest and too many people logging on to the site. Love him or hate him, JV's return was good for F1, as it seemed not many people (F1 Racing aside) were angry at his return and he was welcomed back into the paddock and Im sure he'll prove his worth next year, in an environment which is supportive and positive and with a car that is fast and reliable and with people who are racers and want him to be there, all things JV hasn't experience in the last two years prior to this year.