Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

2005 Spec Fj14

Seeing great overtaking oves is fair more pleasurable. The Bristish GP last year was great for overtaking moves, rubens drove the best race I have ever seen him last year. The move on Kimi R was fantastic!!

just 78 more posts and I am in the big league as an established driver, whoo hooo

he he

Well watching him in china japan and brazil must have made u think surely is he past it, but thats an unfair thiong to say, seeing he hadnt been in an f1 car for almost a year. ANyways, back to the crashes, there were some spectacular ones this year where luckily no one was injured, apart from the ralf one in indianapolis, now that was a bit too much, but luckily the f1 cars now adays are very safe to be in, but i dnt see why we need crashes as the only entertainment, u need close racing with plenty of overtaking, which is a shame cause places lik hungary diont allow for overtaking :( we need hard racing lots of overtaking and a close run competition.

I don't think passing is as hard as the drivers and teams make out, i think alot of them are just scared little girls when it comes to overtaking.

More needs to be done to facilitate overtaking. Aerodynamic changes, tyre changes etc would help and this would make the racing much more exciting.

I think next year there'll probably be LESS overtaking. The drivers seem to not like the new rules very much and seem less confident with the car, due to the new slipperyness. I love seeing crashes, as long as no-one gets hurt, although u have to admit Schumacher being out for 6 races in 1999 really did make it a great season. So nojvnof1 you must also like watching JPM & Sato, they're ballsy racers more than anyone. I never really noticed JV having great fights in BAR's cos I was watching the race at the front. At USA 2000 I was enjoying DC vs Schumacher

I never really noticed JV having great fights in BAR's cos I was watching the race at the front. At USA 2000 I was enjoying DC vs Schumacher

Well here Espn-Star showed almost every bit of it so I was able to enjoy it. :D The commentators are also really good Steve slater's voice always carries an air of excitement to it and Chris Goodwin really knows a lot of technical stuff being a driver himself

I really wouldn't know, but surely nothing can beat our brilliant British ITV commentary!! I've watched f1 from France, Portugal & Germany. In France there is no race build-up whatsoever, Portugal coverage is just pathetic, Germany's not bad they have half an hour build-up before a race but thats all just talking to either Michael Schumacher or Niki Lauda

I really wouldn't know, but surely nothing can beat our brilliant British ITV commentary!! I've watched f1 from France, Portugal & Germany. In France there is no race build-up whatsoever, Portugal coverage is just pathetic, Germany's not bad they have half an hour build-up before a race but thats all just talking to either Michael Schumacher or Niki Lauda

ITV coverage is absolute crap! Annoying commercial after another spoiling an otherwise flowing race on sundays is unacceptable!! I used to watch F1 in Kenya on DSTV (South African broadcaster) and they cover the entire race and qualifying without interuptions! Now that I am in the UK I am wondering who will come to my rescue!!

JPM! A racer's racer he is. Rather like JV-push the car every lap of the race. :)

JPM has said he will have to adpt and change his approach as the low down force does not play into his driving style especially in slow corners! The season will be fun, a lot of excursions to the grass and gravel traps (oh! and barriers in Monaco).

I think James Allen does a very good job, imagine trying to follow on from Murray Walker (who I badly miss!) its a tough job to take

i think that ITV is good as long as they dont bring pon people such as Nigel Mansell and Alain Prost who won racers 10 years ago and now dont care about the drivers or the sport as long as some mag will intervew them and give them a larg pay check.

The commentry of james allen is awful, i've actually once or twice yelled out loud in frustration of his stupidity. He mistakes cars/drivers very often. not to mention ITV's commentry needing to be renamed "Jenson Rules"

So what? Murray Walker made mistakes all the time, and we love him! ITV is not biased towards Button. They're happy to see him do well but I find that they go on and on about how amazing Kimi Raikkonen is, and Schumacher. Now that is annoying, cos I'm fedup of hearing it everywhere!

ITV's commentry needing to be renamed "Jenson Rules"

thats so true. but they do it with other drivers as well. but to be honest ITV is made for England and not Australia USA Spain and other parts of the world so maby we should all get our own team to the the commentry like we have for the Australian GP in Australia.

So what? Murray Walker made mistakes all the time, and we love him! ITV is not biased towards Button. They're happy to see him do well but I find that they go on and on about how amazing Kimi Raikkonen is, and Schumacher. Now that is annoying, cos I'm fedup of hearing it everywhere!

Murry Walker more then made up for his mistakes, with the way he got excited at things, it was great to hear his passion and excitment when he commentated.

I think next year there'll probably be LESS overtaking. The drivers seem to not like the new rules very much and seem less confident with the car, due to the new slipperyness. I love seeing crashes, as long as no-one gets hurt, although u have to admit Schumacher being out for 6 races in 1999 really did make it a great season. So nojvnof1 you must also like watching JPM & Sato, they're ballsy racers more than anyone. I never really noticed JV having great fights in BAR's cos I was watching the race at the front. At USA 2000 I was enjoying DC vs Schumacher

you're right there. Wasn't a big fan of Sato at first for obvious reasons, but I have come around and he is a big fighter with balls!! Some of his drives have been inspired more by balls than brains, but at the end of the day, he's there to pass people and try and win races. As for JV, I can tell you he has been in some ripping fights at Williams and BAR. I won't go on to mention all of them but he had a good scrap with HHF at the USA 2000 race and just missed on a podium. He had a big dogfight with Hakkinen in Malaysia that year also, not to mention his battles with M$ at Nurburgring 96, Jerez '97, Spain '99, Silverstone '2000 and '03, plus there are a lot more. But that DC v. M$ battle you mention was more DC trying to slow M$ up so Mika could catch up as DC was nailed for jumping the start, but it was good nonetheless as was France that year when DC flipped M$ the bird.