Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

A Future Star?

from f1central.net:

Veteran F1 racer David Coulthard is tipping a 16-year-old karting star for future grand prix glory.

His name is Alex Sims.

''What marks him out,'' said nine-year McLaren driver Coulthard, ''is his absolute dedication and professionalism.''

Alexander, a top Formula A karter, was voted top sportsman on UK newspaper The Times' predicted 2020 'Rich List.'

''(Coulthard's endorsement) means a lot to me,'' he told local newspaper Stamford Today.

I think DC is right!!!Top Formula A karter have been the best in F.1 in recent years...remember those names:Raikkonen,Button,Alonso,Pantano,Kovalainen and Kiesa all raced in the late '90s in FA world champ!!!And for the early 2000 we have Farfus,Lopez,Rosberg jr,Piquet jr,Maldonado,Viso,Janis,Hamilton,Green,Salignon,Streit and Perera...

Yep mate!!!! Stop remembering... :blink:  

You forgot Michael Schumacher!!!!!!!!!  B)

You're right but I didn't forget him because I was talking about the late '90s and Schu raced in karting in the late '80s (alongside McNish,Kristensen,Frentzen,Zanardi,Sospiri and Hakkinen)....If we wanna talk about the early '90s we have also Trulli,Fisichella,Verstappen,Magnussen,Heidfeld,Montoya and many others big talents who didn't reach F.1 just because lack of fundings (just like G.Beggio,D.Rossi,M.Ryttarbris,J.Mislijevic,A.Manetti and many many others!!!Is sad however to see drivers with no palmares coming in F.1 when quicker and more talented drivers remain in kar or stop at junior formulae due to lack of fundings.....

You're right but I didn't forget him because I was talking about the late '90s and Schu raced in karting in the late '80s (alongside McNish,Kristensen,Frentzen,Zanardi,Sospiri and Hakkinen)....If we wanna talk about the early '90s we have also Trulli,Fisichella,Verstappen,Magnussen,Heidfeld,Montoya and many others big talents who didn't reach F.1 just because lack of fundings (just like G.Beggio,D.Rossi,M.Ryttarbris,J.Mislijevic,A.Manetti and many many others!!!Is sad however to see drivers with no palmares coming in F.1 when quicker and more talented drivers remain in kar or stop at junior formulae due to lack of fundings.....

Yes. I was only joking ;) I know you were talking about the lates 90