Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

2005 Predictions

Beginning of 2003 we all thought Schumacher would dominate, and look what happened, it was close! So I'm hoping that next year is going to be like that again

My thoughts exactly!

We are all expecting Maclaren to shine and Williams to show their potential while BAR maintain momentum - but we will be surprised once again by either Toyota or Sauber sneaking in while we are distracted and taking the championship by storm.

Predictions:

DWC: MS, Kimi, RB, JPM, FA,RS,JT, JB........

CWC: Ferrari, Maclaren, Toyota, Sauber, Wiliams, Renault.........

Gascoyne is not that good..see the last toyota...

He didn't design that last toyota. He designed last years reno which strted off very well then lacked improvments as gascoyne was gone ;)

I can't see Ferrari being beaten next year. They have far to much money, resources and the FIA turns a blind eye to their activities. Also they are the only team (of any note) on Bridgestones. Impossible to beat atm.

Mclaren I think will be good, but JPM and KR will be like Senna and Prost and always take each other out. Should be fun to watch.

Williams will be ok, but not great. I think if they sign Nick he will out-perform Webber.

B.A.R I think will not be as good as 2004. They need more reliable drivers (not Sato) that don't crash so much. Jense will once again smash Sato.

Sauber will surprise I think, a few podiums here and there and I think a maiden win when we have the assured carnage race when almost the whole field go out on turn 1. JV will outperform Massa and show his speed.

Renault will be horrible. (Fisi has this weird habit of leaving teams on the up, and joining teams which were good but the season he joins the go backward for some reason)

Toyota are like sauber, could be the surprise of the season.

RedBull, Jordan and Minardi... why do they bother?

Still to early to tell but thats my very preliminary predictions.

My predictions are that coulthard will shine. webber will rule in williams maybe 4th in championship.button will probably win 2 gps.surprise may be jv with strong showings .massa may get podiums with the ferrari engine and michellin tyres.shumacher will be beaten by barrichello.ralf and trulli will come up the grid by about the 4th or 5th race.renault may win world championship. kimi and jpm will be equal and kimi will not completly defeat jpm even though he may be faster than jpm.minardi will be minardi.

1.renault

2.ferrari

3.sauber

4.bar

5.mclaren

6.williams

7.toyota

8.redbull

9.jordan

10.minardi

My predictions are that coulthard will shine.  webber will rule in williams maybe 4th in championship.button will probably win 2 gps.surprise may be jv with strong showings .massa may get podiums with the ferrari engine and michellin tyres.shumacher will be beaten by barrichello.ralf and trulli will come up the grid by about the 4th or 5th race.renault may win world championship. kimi and jpm will be equal and kimi will not completly defeat jpm even though he may be faster than jpm.minardi will be minardi.

1.renault

2.ferrari

3.sauber

4.bar

5.mclaren

6.williams 

7.toyota

8.redbull

9.jordan

10.minardi

Your predictions are realistic except one thing...Barrichello will never beat Schuey!!!!!!!!!!Barri is a top driver,like Coulthard is,like JV is...but Schuey is on another planet..

The only thing I can say for certain is I can't wait for 2005 to come around.

But Ferrari will never let RB go for a title if MS is not injured like 99 I think it was. His role is second fiddle and no other. It's a shame as I think he rightly could have won a WDC in a McLaren or Williams. I remember hearing about him maybe going to BAR. That would be cool if BAR can sustain their momentum.

And to the guy who said JV would quit! LMAO. That made my day. JV will do very well next year. My wish is that he will podium. That is not out of the question at all.

with all this mention of rule changes i forgot to ask, we still got V10s next year right?

I think it's V8's ... but not really sure.

Because Sauber are getting the 2005 spec Ferrari engine, which means their must be different rules in place for 05.

i cant wait for the year to start so that its all fact and not bull s##t that people just wish chould chould happen.

i think Maclaren will do well and Sauber will be up there but no way will Renault come 3rd again and BAR well they wont be sa gaad as this year with Williams and Maclaren doing good agen and Toyota well they have a lot of testing to do befour the start of the seasion.

BuleBoots: Sauber had the 2004 spec Ferrari engine all this year as well.

Klien is a very quick guy the onlky reason for him underperforming last year was that he was too early for him to get into F.1...in disastrous team like Jaguar was last year..in Spa,in Monza,in Bahrain and Canada he has showed how good he really is,kicking up in the a## the more experienced Webber...DC was quicker than Kimi just in qualifing and in very few races this season!!!!!!!Regarding JV I may agree but he is proven winner so don't say the word end to his career if not when he decides to call it a day!!!

Klein is a disaster, he should go into testing immediately and work on his game. It was a mistake to throw him straight into formula 1 - I think he has potentail but just good enough to be an average driver! Vitantonio Luizzi however is a different kettle of fish - watch that boy!

You are kidding right? No? Ok then, just you wait and see.

DC should be very embarrased when reading his Resume. He has been with the top guys forever and has had a good car under him for the longest time. That he has not managed to win a WDC speaks for itself. If there was anything for him to contribute in F1 he has already done it. He should seriously take a testing role - there are drivers born to be testers, DC is one of them - he has been in the wrong career all along!

Yes i cant wait for us to wait and see!!! dc was kicking kimi's whiney bumbum for the first half of this season, he's a top driver in a completely different league to christian klien, and jv is a total HAS-BEEN

DC had better luck with the car, less technical failures! That we are even discussing about him being better than Klein shows his quality (None!). What is his excuse for not winning a WDC? What is his excuse for being outperformed by all his team-mates? Better still, what is his excuse for wanting to drive this year (certainly not to win races !!)

Hey ksajoe u make DC sound useless. He beat Hakkinen in 1997 and 2001, and beat Kimi in 2002. He was outclassed in 1998-1999 but was easily a match for Mika & Schuey in 2000 & 2001, he qualified badly in 03 but raced as well as ever. It would be wrong if he isnt in f1 next year. He's made many exciting races over the years and I for one am a big fan! He's got more determination than someone like Kimi who just gets frustrated when his car plays up

This time jemstride I agree with you.DC should remain in F1. He is one of the more respected characters left in the paddock

wow wahey someone agrees with me! I'm nearly always right so I don't know why everyone has to disagree with my opinions. Most of them just cant face the truth

wow wahey someone agrees with me! I'm nearly always right so I don't know why everyone has to disagree with my opinions. Most of them just cant face the truth

You can't say its truth when they are future predictions like the ones in the 2005 prediction threads.

Hey ksajoe u make DC sound useless. He beat Hakkinen in 1997 and 2001, and beat Kimi in 2002. He was outclassed in 1998-1999 but was easily a match for Mika & Schuey in 2000 & 2001, he qualified badly in 03 but raced as well as ever. It would be wrong if he isnt in f1 next year. He's made many exciting races over the years and I for one am a big fan! He's got more determination than someone like Kimi who just gets frustrated when his car plays up

Nothing against DC. Just observing that his better days are behind not ahead of him. He is a solid driver, but lucks that extra edge to make him world champion. If he was anything else sir frank would not have thought twice about signing the guy after buttongate. Having said that however, I hope Redbull have the foresight to sign him on for 2005 as he can help them develope their car.

I think Ferrari will once again have a very solid season (when is the last time they had mechanical failure??). Williams should put in a strong year as Sam Michael needs to show his worth and I am sure Webber will be trying his hardest to get his first podium. BAR may slip back a little from last years stellar year as McLaren and Williams step back up to the forefront. Renault will be in there strong in same races and weaker in others (not convinced that Fisi will do any better than what Trulli did). Sauber looked strong last year and with a further year in their wind tunnell should produce a tidy little car.

WDC

Schumi

Rubens

Kimi/JPM

Webber or Kimi

Heidfeld (not Pizzaboy)

WCC

Ferrari

McLaren

Williams

BAR

Renault