Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

2005 Predictions

Harris shows alot of balls batting in that 2nd ODI. New Zealand are a force in ODI's. It seems they are the only team who can threaten the Aussies, and maybe England in the One Day game, but as for tests, Aussies are in a league of their own.

WAY!!!!!!!!!KLIEN IS NOT A BAD DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HE WAS JUST TOO MUCH UNEXPERIENCED BUT HE WAS THE MOST IMPRESSIVE DRIVER I'VE SEEN IN F.3 IN 2003..HE HAS BEATEN WEBBER SOMETIMES SHOWING THAT HE HAS THE PACE (HE WAS FAIRLY BETTER HOWEVER THAN BOTH PIZZONIA AND WILSON IN '03)...HE'S JUST 21 LET HIM PROVE HIMSELF THIS YEAR HE HAS ONE MORE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE UNDER HIS BELT......

If he can beat DC, i'll be seriously impressed. But i'd also be extremely surprised. excpept maybe belgium, where he scored points even after being crashed into, he did nothing much. We all know he's only there cos he's austrian and had red bull backing for the last few years. Even the jag bosses admitted that they made a mistake in signing him as a race driver

WAY!!!!!!!!!KLIEN IS NOT A BAD DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HE WAS JUST TOO MUCH UNEXPERIENCED BUT HE WAS THE MOST IMPRESSIVE DRIVER I'VE SEEN IN F.3 IN 2003..HE HAS BEATEN WEBBER SOMETIMES SHOWING THAT HE HAS THE PACE (HE WAS FAIRLY BETTER HOWEVER THAN BOTH PIZZONIA AND WILSON IN '03)...HE'S JUST 21 LET HIM PROVE HIMSELF THIS YEAR HE HAS ONE MORE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE UNDER HIS BELT......

HEY MAN LAY OF THE CAPS YEAH!!!!!!!! THERES NO NEED TO YELL!!!!!!

although i don't think klien is much of a driver and webber totally outclassed him this year, i do see a parallel amongst his fans and myself, and another driver in f1 in a way.

the situation reminds of one i found myself in after takuma sato's first year in f1 at jordan. a driver thought to have a raw talent but who lacks experience. there were more doubters than believers in taku at the time (still are sometimes), and both also have not insignificant support due to their national origins, but whom belivers feel talent lies more in just their country of birth.

i'm gonna go out on a limb here (against my proper judgement) and say that there is hope to all klien fans. maybe the first raw season was just what he needed and that he will come back sstronger next year [or maybe he should have a year off to test....] whatever, keep believin and maybe given more time and race experience in time klien may prove all the doubters wrong the way taku has this syear. FORZA SATO!

If he can beat DC, i'll be seriously impressed. But i'd also be extremely surprised. excpept maybe belgium, where he scored points even after being crashed into, he did nothing much. We all know he's only there cos he's austrian and had red bull backing for the last few years. Even the jag bosses admitted that they made a mistake in signing him as a race driver

I admit giving Luizzi the driver would be a bigger mistake - so let's give Klein a chance to pleasantly surprise us (in either direction!!). Luizzi should seriously take a testing role at Red bull and grow with the team (he will get snapped up by the big teams - but he needs F1 mileage under the belt - I do not think Jordan is the way to go about it).

i'm gonna go out on a limb here (against my proper judgement) and say that there is hope to all klien fans.  maybe the first raw season was just what he needed and that he will come back sstronger next year [or maybe he should have a year off to test....]  whatever, keep believin and maybe given more time and race experience in time klien may prove all the doubters wrong the way taku has this syear.  FORZA SATO!

Sure!!I'm also a fan of Sato,I was sad by the way he was declared a chump by many after his first year with Jordan...He had a difficult season having Fisi as a teammate and a difficult car to drive...People who say that a driver is a chump just because he had been beaten by his teammate in his first year are people who don't understand a lot of F.1 and know nothing about those drivers career before F.1 itself...In the same way I think many drivers are overrated just because they have always driven good cars (Ralf,Coulthard and JV too)

Sure!!I'm also a fan of Sato,I was sad by the way he was declared a chump by many after his first year with Jordan...He had a difficult season having Fisi as a teammate and a difficult car to drive...People who say that a driver is a chump just because he had been beaten by his teammate in his first year are people who don't understand a lot of F.1 and know nothing about those drivers career before F.1 itself...In the same way I think many drivers are overrated just because they have always driven good cars (Ralf,Coulthard and JV too)

Sato has had alot of grace period to get through to a more stable position on a Team.

I wanted to see Sato get equal reliability for 2004 to compare against Button ,but only 6 blow outs compared to J.V.' s 10.

J.V. has only been on a top team for 2 years and the 3rd year was a watered down Williams and those two years on top with the Williams was his 1st 2 years in F1 . He did really good , not overrated at all.

Ralf will get compared with Trulli , so that should rate him against Alonso in a round about way. Should Ralf be over-rated he will not be able to out drive Trulli.

2005 season will be good to see the shake downs. Fishi vs Alonso another wake up call for several peoples' rating of either driver's ability.

JV always driven good cars??? ROFL :lol: You're joking right, he's been in nothing but slow and unreliable dogs for most of his career bar his first two years, whilst 98 was an OK year.

As for Klein, Jag did want him to be third driver, but Red Bull insisted he gets a race drive or they don't get their 10 mill.

Harris shows alot of balls batting in that 2nd ODI. New Zealand are a force in ODI's. It seems they are the only team who can threaten the Aussies, and maybe England in the One Day game, but as for tests, Aussies are in a league of their own.

Oi! Just remember India. Though we lost the series here, we nearly beat you in the test series when we came there.And is'nt Laxman and Dravid enough for the Aussies?

JV always driven good cars??? ROFL  :lol: You're joking right, he's been in nothing but slow and unreliable dogs for most of his career bar his first two years, whilst 98 was an OK year.

As for Klein, Jag did want him to be third driver, but Red Bull insisted he gets a race drive or they don't get their 10 mill.

He is joking all right. Those BARs were........ I can't find enough words to describe them.

He is joking all right. Those BARs were........ I can't find enough words to describe them.

David Coulthard and Michael Schumacher have always been in very good cars. That can not be said for JV.

David Coulthard and Michael Schumacher have always been in very good cars.  That can not be said for JV.

So you would have us believe he won his championship in a Minardi? JV had the best car on the grid when he won the championship. He then moved to Bar but could not build a team or a car (he has to take 50% for his failure in BAR). JV also basked in the glory of his 1 championship for too long and thought that since he had been a champion it meant he was an excellent driver - all this at the expense of developing himself into a true champion! Unfortunately for him he wasted his years at BAR, they also gave him too much money which meant there was no motivation to work as everything was on the contract and whether he performed or not he got paid (major mistake!!).

DC however is the biggest joke because at the end of the day he has nothing to show for it other than a very poor record of 13 wins in his career!!

13 wins is quite an achievement especially when he has had to earn each and every one of them by beating his team-mates in equal machinery without team orders.

13 wins is quite an achievement especially when he has had to earn each and every one of them by beating his team-mates in equal machinery without team orders.

That is true :blink:

If JB won 7 races and became world champion, where would that put DC (with his remarkable 13 wins without any "team orders"??). To be a great racer you need to win the world championship - so beating your team mates every now and then is nothing to write home about. If Mika won the world champioship twice, what is DC's excuse?? (they had the same equipment & there were no "team orders"). I have nothing against DC but he cannot escape the fact that he did not capitalize on his good machinery - Mika had not team orders to help him!!!

Team orders exist in every team , they just use different methods (the driver with best performance always carries the favour!).

Just for an example, no comparisons here, but Stirling Moss did'nt win a single Championship but would'nt you say he was great.

Just for an example, no comparisons here, but Stirling Moss did'nt win a single Championship but would'nt you say he was great.

You forgot also Gilles Villeneuve and Ronnie Peterson..

Well im new here and have to point out that none of you expect much from my hero button well i tell ya my predictions...

WDC...

1)Scumi

2)Jense

3)Kimi

4)Juan

5)Rubens

6)Webber

7)Heidfeld (if in williams)

8)Fernando

9)Fisi

10)Sato

11)Jarno

12)Massa

13)Ralf

14)JV (soz i hate him)

15)DC (pizza boy if in williams)

16)Klien

17)jordan?

18)Jordan?

19)Minardi?

20)Minardi?

WCC... Ferrari, mclaren, Bar, Williams, Renault, Toyota, Sauber, Redbull, Jordam, Minardi

So you would have us believe he won his championship in a Minardi? JV had the best car on the grid when he won the championship. He then moved to Bar but could not build a team or a car (he has to take 50% for his failure in BAR). JV also basked in the glory of his 1 championship for too long and thought that since he had been a champion it meant he was an excellent driver - all this at the expense of developing himself into a true champion! Unfortunately for him he wasted his years at BAR, they also gave him too much money which meant there was no motivation to work as everything was on the contract and whether he performed or not he got paid (major mistake!!).

DC however is the biggest joke because at the end of the day he has nothing to show for it other than a very poor record of 13 wins in his career!!

You said JV was always in the best car. 2 years out of a 8 and 2 race F1 career is hardly having the best car all of the time. Yes JV has the best car when he won the title, but I don't recall too many drivers not winning the title in anything else other than the best car. Yes, JV has only won 1 title, but don't forget he has also won Indy 500 and Indy title when it was worth something. 50% blame is bull, it wasn't he building the engines, it wasn't he designing the overweight and pathetic chassis....As JV said himself, BAT paid him what they thought he was worth and if it was a lot, so be it, who is he to turn down multi million dollar contract, people who have achieved nothing (re. Ralf) have always had big $$ contracts yet nothing is said about that. Winning the F1 Championship makes you part of an elite group, so of course he has every right to think he's a brilliant driver, he's alot better than most of the grid and would be able to show it given the right environment and equipment. Who is to say he isn't a TRUE champion?? What is a true champion anyways? That is something that cannot be defined universally and means something different to everyone.

14)JV (soz i hate him)

WCC... Ferrari, mclaren, Bar, Williams, Renault, Toyota, Sauber, Redbull, Jordam, Minardi

another Nickalus or lord death eh

well needles to say i am the exact opposite.

Well im new here and have to point out that none of you expect much from my hero button well i tell ya my predictions...

WDC...

1)Scumi

2)Jense

3)Kimi

4)Juan

5)Rubens

6)Webber

7)Heidfeld (if in williams)

8)Fernando

9)Fisi

10)Sato

11)Jarno

12)Massa

13)Ralf

14)JV (soz i hate him)

15)DC (pizza boy if in williams)

16)Klien

17)jordan?

18)Jordan?

19)Minardi?

20)Minardi?

Interesting, only grief will be JB who will end up 6th at best and Sato might even do better than him.

Are you saying DC is a great? I like to stretch my immagination every now and then but this could kill it!