Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

2005 Predictions

You said JV was always in the best car. 2 years out of a 8 and 2 race F1 career is hardly having the best car all of the time. Yes JV has the best car when he won the title, but I don't recall too many drivers not winning the title in anything else other than the best car. Yes, JV has only won 1 title, but don't forget he has also won Indy 500 and Indy title when it was worth something. 50% blame is bull, it wasn't he building the engines, it wasn't he designing the overweight and pathetic chassis....As JV said himself, BAT paid him what they thought he was worth and if it was a lot, so be it, who is he to turn down multi million dollar contract, people who have achieved nothing (re. Ralf) have always had big $$ contracts yet nothing is said about that. Winning the F1 Championship makes you part of an elite group, so of course he has every right to think he's a brilliant driver, he's alot better than most of the grid and would be able to show it given the right environment and equipment. Who is to say he isn't a TRUE champion?? What is a true champion anyways? That is something that cannot be defined universally and means something different to everyone.

Having the same equipment as your team mate and then being out qualified - when that team mate is not a world champion (that is a recipe for an embarrasment!). JV just allowed all the politics in the team to affect his performance. As for Ralf and JPM, they did not make their case at Williams, so it's going to be a tall order for them in the new teams. Ralf has down-shifted and JPM has made a parralel move. JPM is a better talent than Ralf , so we at least expect a spark , lets hope it's not put out by KR.

Driver, engineer,tyres, resources & tactics are the ingredients for success, if any one of them is performing below per then there is a problem and one of them has to work overtime. Between BAR & JV, BAR got the raw deal!

Im getting fedup of everyones defence of JV. Sure he won in 1997, and well done to him. He wasn't being offered a huge salary, he was demanding it. Damon Hill was 96 champ but he didnt demand ridiculous money from Arrows and Jordan. BAR didnt get a raw deal, they prospered without JV. Richards, Button & Willis bring success to BAR, not the useless JV/Pollock duo.

hahaha dnt b stupid, we all know it was david richards, willis and button or was that a joke about Sato. Also JV is way past it, he hasnt a hope in hell of even getting a point pretty much.

It was a joke. But Sato was involved in the 04 chassis, since he was the tester in 03 and 2nd driver in 04, so he was a part of it obviously.

fair enough. i wasnt saying he had nothing to do wiv it, cos obviously he did, but to be honest, id rather see sato as test/3rd driver and davidson as jb's partner as davidson i feel has a lot of potential.

well i want to see a close run competition this year with every top driver having at least 1 win, and michael shucmacher not winning or winning marjinally

Im getting fedup of everyones defence of JV. Sure he won in 1997, and well done to him. He wasn't being offered a huge salary, he was demanding it. Damon Hill was 96 champ but he didnt demand ridiculous money from Arrows and Jordan. BAR didnt get a raw deal, they prospered without JV. Richards, Button & Willis bring success to BAR, not the useless JV/Pollock duo.

and Im getting fed up with people who do nothing but take pot shots at JV and don't expect his fans to stand up for him. He was NOT demanding a huge salary. FACT is that JV accepted the offer from BAT as soon as teams like McLaren and Williams wanted to open negotiations. FACT is that JV was told BAR would not go ahead without him, so having accomplished his dream of winning the title, he took a gamble. As for Damon, he isn't the angel you see him to be, the reason Williams dumped him, along with his pathetic 95 season was his increased salary demands, and Jordan and Arrows were second and third choices for him in their respective years. McLaren offered him a deal for 98 but Ron told him where to go when Damon told him how much he wanted, same with Prost and Sauber.

Just a reminder, it was the "useless" JV/Pollock duo who brought Honda back into F1, and it was the same "useless" duo who brought Willis to the team.

What exactly did DR do to turn BAR's fortunes around?? Everyone credits him but don't back it up. The reasons why BAR did so well are that Geoff Willis and his team designed a gem of a car, Honda finally got their act together and built a light and reliable engine, Michelin tyres, and Williams and McLaren screwing up their cars so bad at the start of the season it was bordering on a joke. That's why BAR did well.

And jenson rules, as for this stupid comment "Also JV is way past it, he hasnt a hope in hell of even getting a point pretty much.", I look forward to hearing from you when JV does score points this year whilst JB is still looking for that ever elusive first win, which he should have got this year!!!!

well im sorry, i just have never liked JV, and i support JB mainly cause hes british like myself, i think jv will score points, but he wont get many higher places, thats all i was really supposed to say, however i wud like to see him not score anything, as that will prove he is pretty much past it and a 'one hit wonder' I hope anywaY.

well im sorry, i just have never liked JV, and i support JB mainly cause hes british like myself, i think jv will score points, but he wont get many higher places, thats all i was really supposed to say, however i wud like to see him not score anything, as that will prove he is pretty much past it and a 'one hit wonder' I hope anywaY.

you hope JV is past his best.Does this mean there is a lurking thought that JV might beat JB a fair few times next season. I sincerely hope he does especially since JV in a lesser car.It will shut a lot of you up and for him it is enough to score points consistently whereas JB has his pride at stake( he let his tongue wag after all)

i support JB mainly cause hes british like myself

Like everyone of JB's fans including the ITV commentry team. Atleast i go for a driver not of my own nationality :D

yeh well, i was actually a jpm supporter before i noticed JB towards the end of 2003, and i like JB as i think hes a great driver also.

Sato was involved in the 04 chassis, since he was the tester in 03 and 2nd driver in 04, so he was a part of it obviously.

Yes his primary role was to evaluate the strength of the chassis in crash testing exercises!

:D

What exactly did DR do to turn BAR's fortunes around?? Everyone credits him but don't back it up. The reasons why BAR did so well are that Geoff Willis and his team designed a gem of a car, Honda finally got their act together and built a light and reliable engine, Michelin tyres, and Williams and McLaren screwing up their cars so bad at the start of the season it was bordering on a joke. That's why BAR did well.

Exactly

Honda didn't have a realiable engine for the first half of the year though....thats all i've got wrong with that.

nojvnof1 is clearly very passionate about his/her feelings on the matter of JV and it seems like there is no use arguing about it. I'm impressed by your knowledge of JV facts, you know a lot of themm although I do feel that Richards did make a good difference, he completely re-arranged the way BAR operated and bringing Button into the team gave optimism to the team, something JV didn't give at all. All I'll say is that I'll be extremely surprised if JV gets anywhere near the front this year. I'm happy for him cos he seems happy now but I'm not expecting impressive results. Damon had a fair point with Williams. They paid Nigel Mansell more for 1 race in 1994 than Hill was getting per year

All I'll say is that I'll be extremely surprised if JV gets anywhere near the front this year. I'm happy for him cos he seems happy now but I'm not expecting impressive results.

nobody i expecting JV to to be at the front( not even the JV fans though we will welcome it)we only want to see him score points consistently.

Well thats not going to happen either. He may match what Fisi has done in 2004 but surely no more than that.

Due to a dead mouse (and being unable to get to a PC store to buy a new one) and being on holiday I have missed all F1 news for the last 2+ weeks. I was wondering do Webber, DC and Albers have teammates confirmed yet and do Jordan have any drivers confirmed?

No, no, no and no! So looks like you haven't missed anything. We're all just suffering from lack of motorsport

talking about jordan i just sore a strang thing to do with them. on ITVs F1 site i went on to look at when whos lanching what and were and they talked about every team but Jordan. so whats happing with them will they be racing next year or what.

Yes they submitted their entry for 2005, so they'll definately be there, but there don't seem to even be any rumours about who will be driving for them, let alone any confirmations!! Albers was expected to drive for them but he's gone to Minardi. So maybe Doornbos will be at Jordan, who knows