Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kaciaj

2005 Predictions

nojvnof1 is clearly very passionate about his/her feelings on the matter of JV and it seems like there is no use arguing about it. I'm impressed by your knowledge of JV facts, you know a lot of themm although I do feel that Richards did make a good difference, he completely re-arranged the way BAR operated and bringing Button into the team gave optimism to the team, something JV didn't give at all. All I'll say is that I'll be extremely surprised if JV gets anywhere near the front this year. I'm happy for him cos he seems happy now but I'm not expecting impressive results. Damon had a fair point with Williams. They paid Nigel Mansell more for 1 race in 1994 than Hill was getting per year

No no, I always relish a debate so long as it doesn't drag into useless name calling and arguments based on nothing more than biased opinions (Not that Im saying you do that, but as a JV fan, I come across it more than I come across those who know enough about JV to have a view). Look, Richards brought with him a new wave of air and optimism and his hiring of Jenson was great for the team...until he started the war of words between JV and JB. Yes JV kicked things off on the face of it, but DR was mostly to blame, even JB admits this and said he sympathised with JV's position at the team and how DR was undermining him. JV's optimism was very low, that's a no brainer, but after 5 years of nothing after having nothing but success in his career was sure to break him, and that it did in '03. Look, it'll take extraordinary circumstances for JV to get a win, let alone a podium, but look where BAR came from. OK they didn't win, but they had the potential to do so. All Im expecting as a maximum from JV is consistency both in quali and the race, just like Fisi this year.

Oh, and just for the record Im a male.

All Im expecting as a maximum from JV is consistency both in quali and the race, just like Fisi this year.

Maybe slightly better than Fisi. Sauber have a new wind tunnel after all and taking that into consideration some unexpected things can happen.The chances are 1 in 25 probably but it is still there.( I am talking about a podium)

Good to see you posting again nichos. :D

Thats fair enough. I expect him to give his maximum as well, especially now that he seems content with his surroundings. I say good luck to him. After his Renault performances a lots of people won't be expecting much but I'll be impressed if he gets his Sauber in the points consistently

Thats fair enough. I expect him to give his maximum as well, especially now that he seems content with his surroundings. I say good luck to him. After his Renault performances a lots of people won't be expecting much but I'll be impressed if he gets his Sauber in the points consistently

New Wind tunnel, Michelins & a Ferrari engine are going to make Sauber the kings of middle grid. I expect them to surprise very many people - especially BAR & Renault!

Well thats not going to happen either. He may match what Fisi has done in 2004 but surely no more than that.

I think JV will do much better than Fisi. Massa is very erratic and is hot in one race and makes mistakes in the next. He impressed me in 2004, he seems to be coming to grips with racing. JV should easily do better than Massa - if massa had anything special he would have shown it during his stint as a test driver for Ferrari, a did not read of any spectacular performance there!

No no, I always relish a debate so long as it doesn't drag into useless name calling and arguments based on nothing more than biased opinions (Not that Im saying you do that, but as a JV fan, I come across it more than I come across those who know enough about JV to have a view). Look, Richards brought with him a new wave of air and optimism and his hiring of Jenson was great for the team...until he started the war of words between JV and JB. Yes JV kicked things off on the face of it, but DR was mostly to blame, even JB admits this and said he sympathised with JV's position at the team and how DR was undermining him. JV's optimism was very low, that's a no brainer, but after 5 years of nothing after having nothing but success in his career was sure to break him, and that it did in '03. Look, it'll take extraordinary circumstances for JV to get a win, let alone a podium, but look where BAR came from. OK they didn't win, but they had the potential to do so. All Im expecting as a maximum from JV is consistency both in quali and the race, just like Fisi this year.

Oh, and just for the record Im a male.

The move to Michelin will benefit Sauber package and I think JV will have a better season than Fisi. Bridgestones are built for Ferrari as they do 99% of the tyre testing, so all other cars on bridestone will not be as competitive - we will see a giant stride in performance from Sauber merely because of the tyres. JV will also have enough time during the winter testing to regain his form and we will see a more motivated and consistent JV in 2005. He will be right there hassling Renault and Bar out of the way.

Maybe slightly better than Fisi. Sauber have a new wind tunnel after all and taking that into consideration some unexpected things can happen.The chances are 1 in 25 probably but it is still there.( I am talking about a podium)

Good to see you posting again nichos. :D

I agree the podium chance is there (though very slim). I think Sauber will be the middle-pack terrorists! They have a very good engine, quick tyres and competitive drivers. The podium will be very had to wrestle from Ferrari, Maclaren & Williams. I think each team will have a member on the podium in every race - it's just the order that will keep changing. Reliability will be the greatest factor in 2005 - teams not only have to be on their toes about the engine lasting longer, they additionally have to contend with a tyre lasting through qualifying and the entire race.

Michelin should logically have the upper hand given that they have all the top teams other than Ferrari and neither tyre maker had developed a tyre to last the whole distance until now (so it's from scratch). If Bridgestone beat them in 2005 I think they should consider leaving the sport all together and pave way for a one tyres maker for the whole grid! But obviously tyre is only one part of the equation - we are in for alot of fun guys!!!

No No No, Sauber will not overtake BAR, and BAR will not be crap this year, Im not avin it, im expecting renault to slip up but not BAR, not anymore, or at least I hope not. I think Mclaren will be bck but williams im not overly so sure about, the regulars will be ferrari, mclaren and bar, then I think there will be battles between renault sauber toyota and williams with redbull, jordan and minardi fighting not to be the loser (although minardi obviously will B) . Thats what my biased self thinks.

No No No, Sauber will not overtake BAR, and BAR will not be crap this year, Im not avin it, im expecting renault to slip up but not BAR, not anymore, or at least I hope not. I think Mclaren will be bck but williams im not overly so sure about, the regulars will be ferrari, mclaren and bar, then I think there will be battles between renault sauber toyota and williams with redbull, jordan and minardi fighting not to be the loser (although minardi obviously will B) . Thats what my biased self thinks.

Personally I think Williams run risk of starting slower out of the gate than others whom have had drivers stay with them for 2 years. Should Pizzonia be taken on and is noticeably slower than Webber , they will suffer and will not be getting the full performance out of both Williams against the field.

BARF1 I think are going to drop 2 - 4 places in the WCC , Button will also do less than his 2004 point totals and depending on the engine reliability could be way down. D.C. & Sato are about the same for their effectiveness in 2004 on their teams, and therefor I use that as a measure on how well the BARF1 team are doing in progress up the grid by comparing them against Red Burp/McLaren/Sauber.

Sauber is rated against them[D.C. & Sato]since Sauber drivers generally did well in races being just ahead or behind them in races finishes, Sauber's car I believe will be stronger/faster/more competative than last years Sauber so should Massa be ahead of Sato generally that will be a big indicator from those two teams comparisons and could be a very large surprise in the jump of Sauber's performance.

Renault I think will just plain suffer in the transition to 2005, and it would be easiest to compare that team to BARF1 since the two were 1-2, BAR then Renault in performance.

McLaren and Ferrari I expect to be in the top 3 , Sauber could be up there even higher then others think and Williams closer to BARF1 & Renault.

Toyota? then Red Burp.

Fine!!! Well I hope u r all wrong, cos i think BAR will be up there again next year, at first they will be a bit back cos of the management change, but I highly doubt a wind tunnel will shoot sauber to the top.

I agree with 'Jenson Rules', I'd be very surprised if BAR go down much, although I do expect the competition from Mclaren & Williams to be stronger, we all do. Everyone seems to expect Renault to fail, and guess what I hope they do! Button will be right up there again and Sato should be closer on points if his engine stays alive

Ahh well, as long as Button is constantly up there and wins rather a few races then id b very happy.

Just on BAR, it should have been them winning rather than Williams and McLaren, but once these two got their acts together, BAR were left behind. Hence I see them dropping in the standings to about 4th or so but they will still be challenging regularly for podiums, just not as greatly as this year. Sauber's new windtunnel and new ALBERT super computer will help them greatly as will the Michelin tyres. This was shown in the tests when they were quicker than when they were on BStone's. The wind tunnel will be a major major asset, and was a big factor, in my opinion, to explain JV's signing for them. Once they got it up and running mid season the improvements were there to be season, and with a car wholly designed through its use, I expect Sauber to pick up where they left off last year then gradually improve. Sauber, like BAR always had a reputation of starting the year in great form, then dropping off at the end due to lack of development. Both Sauber and BAR put this myth to an end last year and I expect Sauber to maintain their good form.

As for the drivers, Massa will push JV big time, and he will get close to him in quali, maybe even outqualify him on a few occasions, but over a race distance, JV should have the edge due to his experience.

on that subject, the only reason why BAR will fall is cos of taku, cos hes ****ing useless!!! However I do think the BAR this season will be very competative, and I think Jense will be up there all the time challenging. And people u r forgetting, on both the occasions williams and mclaren won, jense retired! And seeing as he overtyook both kimi and montoya in Br5azil, and was much much faster showed i think he may ahve won that race had his engine not been crap. e could have won in monza too, but you saw the speed difference of the BAR and Ferrari when schumi overtook him on the start/finish straight! Thats my point, he was just unlucky. But also shows hes a bloody good driver.

I've started this topic but since then I've changed my mind,expecially after the first test...I think that the championship will be a close fight between Schuey and Raikkonen,with Alonso and Montoya also in the running.I can see Kimi take the championship.Williams guys Webber and (hopefully) Heidfeld will be outsiders scoring their first wins as Button will do altough BAR will be pretty much on the slide...Fisichella's performances won't be far from those of Alonso,and he will win at least one race.Then I can see strong showings from Felipe Massa at the wheel of the Sauber (one podium finish it's possible I think),with the brazilian outpacing Villeneuve.Trulli will outpace Ralf at Toyota and the team will impress with some good performances sometimes,but won't score many points.Red Bull's DC will have a good season with teammate Klien also showing some good races and scoring points.Jordan and Minardi drivers will fight it out at the back with Glock(Jordan??) and Albers having their good moments..

CONSTRUCTOR

MCLAREN

FERRARI

RENAULT

WILLIAMS

BAR

SAUBER

TOYOTA

REDBULL

JORDAN\MINARDI

MINARDI\JORDAN

DRIVERS