Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hollywood2003

Ferrari - Let 'em Thruly Race Each Other

I think "why is schumi so against his own team-mate from truly racing against him", is it that he isnt as good as everyone thinks?

You can only test yourself truly against a team mate driving in identical vehicle with same fuel loads,tyre specs,aero set up strategies and equipment, is that what schumi is scared of?

Many times we see in a race Barrichello is forced into taking two stopper carrying big fuel loads, or why is his pit stops always faulty or take longer to execute, all making schumi appear to be the greater asset.

I , for one would want to show the world that I can beat talented drivers in equal machinery rather than ther driver in unequal machinery!!

Hmmm, one for your thoughts?

Schumi is excellent no doubt but it would be better if Ferrari did'nt resort to team orders to make him win each race.

To truly prove he has talent, the FIA ought to select a circuit at random from a hat, then they ought to give everybody equal cars with Goodyear Tires (so as to not spark any wars between Bridgestone and Michelin) that they themselves made, and not to incite favoritism between the people that built them, the drivers themselves select out of a hat which car they should race. The race distance should be as long as the normal race would last, and they shall also draw from a hat their starting positions. Then they race and we find out who's the best driver.

I'm the complete opposite of a schumi fan but I have to admit even when he was new in 1991 he immediately was beating Piquet, then Brundle, then Verstappen, etc. Senna had even better equipment in 1994 and schumacher seemed too much for him in the first few races

Everybody seems to forget that when Ms joined Ferrari, the team was a complete mess. It has been rebuilt around Schumacher who brought two key elements from Benetton. It is easy to see what happened to Benetton when they left. As for Ferrari they haven't look back since they hired Ms. I can understand the frustration of many f1 fans frustrated by the incredible dominance of Shumacher and Ferrari. But the facts speak for themselves, Shumacher is definitely the greatest driver ever (sorry for Senna fans). As for his team mate, the reality is that Ms is by far superior driver, if you want a real clear picture of what it's like to race against MS, ask his previous team mate Eddie Irvine. Nuff' said.

But the facts speak for themselves, Shumacher is definitely the greatest driver ever (sorry for Senna fans).

well I disagree it is just too difficult to judge who the best driver is. the equipment today is far more advanced than the cars in the 50s, 60s and even the 70s. there were many great drivers Fangio, Clark, Stewart,Gilles, Senna, Prost and now MS just to name a few nad one just can't just see statistics there are just too many parameters which cannot be decided upon just because you don't know what would have happened.

Thats true. It's fair to say Schumacher is the greatest driver of this era but what's the point in trying to decide who is the greatest ever? Everyone will always have different beliefs and opinions, I personally haven't got a clue who is the greatest ever, I've only been watching f1 since 1998

Senna had even better equipment in 1994 and schumacher seemed too much for him in the first few races

The FW16 suffered from poor handling and the Benetton-Ford was much better in the early part of the season. Despite this Senna still got pole position in the first three races before he died and it seems to me that it is this fact that influences some people into thinking that the Williams was the superior car. Not true: Senna was the superior driver.

But he made the mistake in Brazil of spinning out when he knew he was catching MS and let the engine stall. Sure, Senna is a great driver, but he also had the same treatment as MS did with Ferrari, with him being "undisputed No. 1 Driver" in 1990 and 1991.

Nope, Im with Senna on this one, Ayrton is a step above Michael in most areas. Michael is a great driver don't get me wrong, but for me, Senna was better. Statistically M$ is the greatest, no arguments there, but statistics don't always tell the full story.

Any idiot could win with the car Michael has had for the last few seasons. If Senna had not of died then Michael would have less WDC's and less wins poles etc. Senna was superiour, only the MS fans say different. Anyone else who knows F1 would say Senna most likely. Once MS leaves there will be someone new who will start winning and everyone will say he is the greatest ever, but u will never be able to tell, since it will be in different times in differe circumstances, its impossible to say for sure who is best unless they raced in the same era, which senna and MS did for alittle while, and i'd say Senna was better.

Sato, I can't imagine anyone matching what MS has done. Once he's retired there'll be a huge scrap amongst the decent drivers for the WDC. I hate schumacher but I think he's better than Senna

People didn't think what other great drivers had done would be beaten either, but it has been over and over again.

This is different: he already has 32 more wins than Prost, and he will, mark my words, get the pole record this year. He has like 25-30 more fastest lapr than the next guy i think, and 7 world titles is no easy feat.

Sato, I can't imagine anyone matching what MS has done. Once he's retired there'll be a huge scrap amongst the decent drivers for the WDC.

I agree over that. It will probably another 50 years before another star comes along( if the sport still exists :( )

I hate schumacher but I think he's better than Senna

well unfortunately Senna died just when MS was coming good so I don't think you can predict that easily whether who is a better driver

You're right, it is very hard to predict who is a better driver. Thats my opinion but again we'll never know. I'll never forgive Schumi for Australia 1994 for as long as I live

You're right, it is very hard to predict who is a better driver. Thats my opinion but again we'll never know. I'll never forgive Schumi for Australia 1994 for as long as I live

Me too, thens when my hatred begun.

Me too, thens when my hatred begun.

What was it about Adelaide 94 that made you hate MS? For me, it was because he had cheated and had won at the expense of my then favourite driver Damon Hill.

The reason he was in the best cars was because he thought the time was right to move on. He decided that Yamaha engines for Jordan would be a disaster, so he moved to Benetton. He wanted a fresher challenge after 1995, so he and his manager decided to go to Ferrari, where they thought it would be better than the McLaren offer.

He wanted a fresher challenge after 1995, so he and his manager decided to go to Ferrari, where they thought it would be better than the McLaren offer.

And he had a larger pay cheque :lol: