Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hollywood2003

Ferrari - Let 'em Thruly Race Each Other

Just on M$' move to Ferrari, I read that Ferrari were keen to hold discussions with Ayrton Senna soon after his move to Williams as Senna had always wanted to drive for Ferrari and would have seen it as a good way to end his career. Rumour has it that M$ was given the contract Ayrton would have received had he lived.

hmmm, im surprised noones blamed MS for killing aryton with things like that happening.

The reason he was in the best cars was because he thought the time was right to move on. He decided that Yamaha engines for Jordan would be a disaster, so he moved to Benetton.

That's the most funniest thing that I have read. If you were paying for your Ride and You got a Ride for free..Which One would you choose? :lol:

Just on M$' move to Ferrari, I read that Ferrari were keen to hold discussions with Ayrton Senna soon after his move to Williams as Senna had always wanted to drive for Ferrari and would have seen it as a good way to end his career. Rumour has it that M$ was given the contract Ayrton would have received had he lived.

Now how would that have been possible? Senna died in 1994 and Michael decided to move over to Ferrari in 1996 after he won his WDC in 1995. So I definitely do not see how they would have kept a contarct for two years albeit contracts are personalised and not an off the shelf object. :(

Now how would that have been possible? Senna died in 1994 and Michael decided to move over to Ferrari in 1996 after he won his WDC in 1995. So I definitely do not see how they would have kept a contarct for two years albeit contracts are personalised and not an off the shelf object. :(

The contract definitely would have been different, but the main details were the same ie. pay, no.1 status, control over team (as in he could bring personnel with him if he wanted) etc, stuff like that. The book I read it in just said what I mentioned in my previous post, it didn't go into any details, and the ones above are my own presumptions.