Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Abu Dubby Grand Prix

Hey...there's a race this weekend.

Can Senna score points?

Will Massa and Hamilton hug?

Will this whole Kimi thing finally get put to rest?

Will Vettel win......again?

Can Senna score points?

Does the Pope poop in the woods? :eusa_think:

Is the bear catholic? :eusa_think:

Is HRT the pinnacle of motorsport? :eusa_think:

Does Craig like sheep? (yeah, I know, that was low even by my standards! :D)

Can Senna score points?

If they crash again, I'm putting Flavio's quote about them in my sig!!!

Vettel will NOT win?...that's something new....

I think it's just that his chin had gaineed too much momentum by the last question, he just couldn't switch to say yes.

And the Best Supporting Actor award goes to... Vettel's shaking finger after he's won a race lol.

I think someone mentioned Kimi in here. Errm Ice Cream, Gorillas and cool looking motorbikes. That is all.

Can Senna score points?

No, because he's very slow in this moment.

I think Felipe and "Ferrari" can't touch "McLaren" in this race.

I want, and i think in this weekend we hear about Kimi come back in formula 1.

Vettel can't win.:lol: If in really, i think this race win Jenson.

Does Craig like sheep? (yeah, I know, that was low even by my standards! :D)

Not sure, but since he's from Hamiltron no doubt he has a pair of Velcro gloves. :P

Will this weekend be any more exciting than any other, well it would struggle to be less exciting, I mean the start might be exciting, the 60 lap drivers parade after the start will get boring, then Vettel claiming all the glory for Adrian Newey's design work will get rather exciting for those with a Vettel fetish I suppose.

Not sure, but since he's from Hamiltron no doubt he has a pair of Velcro gloves. :P

Will this weekend be any more exciting than any other, well it would struggle to be less exciting, I mean the start might be exciting, the 60 lap drivers parade after the start will get boring, then Vettel claiming all the glory for Adrian Newey's design work will get rather exciting for those with a Vettel fetish I suppose.

For god's sake...

Give Vettel some credit, he is a hard worker/racer just trying his best in the equipment he got given. Not only is his work ethic admirable but he is always trying to make the car better than it is, and also himself as a person. It does'nt matter if he's got the best car or not it's what he has to do with it. If you think otherwise, please look where Mark Webber is at, and I don't hear him complain about the team being bias towards Vettel as he's quite abit of a straight shooter...

Aussies don't shoot straight...they're always away left of the goalpost...you know that :P

But I agree...Vettel is doing very well in a Schumacher sort of way, except, he doesn't have the team built around him to the same extent as Schumacher had.

One could argue 1996 and 1997 were boring with Williams at the front...then in 98 and 99 with DC and Hakkinen lapping the entire field in their Mac's....and then how god awful was Schumi 2000-2004?...and then there was the era of the mono-brow in 05 and 06...a small respite in 07, 08, and 09 with the titles moving around a bit, and now in 10 and 11 normal service has resumed with the Newey-Bull's and Vettel.

So, on one hand, F1 has sucked for 12 of the last 15 years....or on the other, the engineering dominance has moved through four teams over the last 15 years, and the drivers benefited.

The fact is, this is Formula One, and it is, and always has been 80% the car, 20% the man driving it, which is why a driver is measured first against his team mate before all others, and in this regard, Vettel is proving beyond doubt, that he is the best driver on the grid today.

Aussies don't shoot straight...they're always away left of the goalpost...you know that :P

But I agree...Vettel is doing very well in a Schumacher sort of way, except, he doesn't have the team built around him to the same extent as Schumacher had.

One could argue 1996 and 1997 were boring with Williams at the front...then in 98 and 99 with DC and Hakkinen lapping the entire field in their Mac's....and then how god awful was Schumi 2000-2004?...and then there was the era of the mono-brow in 05 and 06...a small respite in 07, 08, and 09 with the titles moving around a bit, and now in 10 and 11 normal service has resumed with the Newey-Bull's and Vettel.

So, on one hand, F1 has sucked for 12 of the last 15 years....or on the other, the engineering dominance has moved through four teams over the last 15 years, and the drivers benefited.

The fact is, this is Formula One, and it is, and always has been 80% the car, 20% the man driving it, which is why a driver is measured first against his team mate before all others, and in this regard, Vettel is proving beyond doubt, that he is the best driver on the grid today.

sheep sh!t

Vettel is proving beyond doubt, that he is the best driver on the grid today.

Vettel is proving beyond doubt that he is better than Webber. There's a strong argument to support that he's better than everyone else too, but it's not beyond doubt.

For god's sake...

Give Vettel some credit, he is a hard worker/racer just trying his best in the equipment he got given. Not only is his work ethic admirable but he is always trying to make the car better than it is, and also himself as a person. It does'nt matter if he's got the best car or not it's what he has to do with it. If you think otherwise, please look where Mark Webber is at, and I don't hear him complain about the team being bias towards Vettel as he's quite abit of a straight shooter...

All we can say is Vettel is better than Webber. Thats it. Yet he has all the glory of being Formula 1 World Champion. So what if he works hard, has talent etc? So do Hamilton and Alonso, and Ill bet you Alonso would kick his a## in the same equipment, but then theres no way to tell that either is there? The fact is the driver gets the glory that the design team allow.

I believe that is a completely flawed argument. We havent even seen Vettel have a proper race yet against a driver of similar talent in a similar car!

All we can say is Vettel is better than Webber. Thats it. Yet he has all the glory of being Formula 1 World Champion. So what if he works hard, has talent etc? So do Hamilton and Alonso, and Ill bet you Alonso would kick his a## in the same equipment, but then theres no way to tell that either is there? The fact is the driver gets the glory that the design team allow.

I believe that is a completely flawed argument. We havent even seen Vettel have a proper race yet against a driver of similar talent in a similar car!

So 2010 between Webber and Vettel doesn't count when Webber was driving much better? Vettel has improved since last year...

So 2010 between Webber and Vettel doesn't count when Webber was driving much better? Vettel has improved since last year...

Im not sure I quite understand your point. Vettel beat Webber both seasons. Vettel must be a better driver than Webber. There could be a myriad of reasons Vettel has increased his lead over Webber this year compared to last:

Car not suited to Webbers style

Vettel has better race engineers

Vettel has improved

Webber has worsened

I think the general consensus is that Webber, although a great driver, is not a prestigious talent like Vetel, Hamilton, Raikkonen, Alonso etc. Its also pretty safe to say Vettel is a better driver than Webber (faster for sure). But once again you can only compare team mates, as the car is so much superior to the remainder of the grid.

Who did'nt? Maybe Alonso 2005, winning the championship with inherited wins on the back of an unreliable Mclaren in the hands of Kimi? Which champion did'nt win with the car which is superior thoughout the year?

Who did'nt? Maybe Alonso 2005, winning the championship with inherited wins on the back of an unreliable Mclaren in the hands of Kimi? Which champion did'nt win with the car which is superior thoughout the year?

hmm, Alonso 2006 ?

:lol: :lol:

oh sorry, you did'nt make a joke? What about mass-dampers illegal assist and the car still being the fastest after they banned it....

look at results of qualy and races, alonso and schumi were fighting until the last race for WDC, so renault wasn't dominant car that season, not as schumi's cars seasons before and vettel's car this season.

what about kimi 2007 and hamilton 2008?

what about kimi 2007 and hamilton 2008?

They had the best car...

Michael and Ferrari came onto it's own the latter half of the season, I would say overall that the Renault was still the best and most reliable car

They had the best car...

Michael and Ferrari came onto it's own the latter half of the season, I would say overall that the Renault was still the best and most reliable car

:thbdn:

Well if you are happy with that then great. Im not. And if its the car thats winning the title, which you clearly state is the case, then why is the driver world champion? Lets put the car on the top step and pour champagne over it.