Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Abu Dubby Grand Prix

Sad day for Alonso. Great effort with no reward and 2nd place in the Championship is a lost cause now. :(

Did Vettel break down in tears like he used to do when he retired?

I always like to see him lose, but I can't say I'm disappointed I didn't watch. Eight seconds between first and second tells me all I care to know.

Did Vettel break down in tears like he used to do when he retired?

I always like to see him lose, but I can't say I'm disappointed I didn't watch. Eight seconds between first and second tells me all I care to know.

Actually the guy was mad as hell, to the point that even Bernie went to comfort him (which also speak volumes on how pampered he is by the F1 "family" now) It was ridiculous to see how mcuh everybody run to Seb...geez he is already grown and the crowned WDC, it wasn't the end of the world.

On the other hand, Seb's attitude was notable and I quite liked him for once. He got off his car furious, was shown watching immediately while observing the telemetry on the pc (then again, perhaps he was just checking his email and I am painting the picture the way I wanted it to be :P), demanding answers from his pit and watching the rest of the race. I don't know about his racecraft, but he certainly has the ambition and the attitude to be a WDC! Good for the kid.

Many thoughts on this ace, but, unfortunately, pc game Skyrim is waiting and it's one of those things that will probably mean the end of my current relationship. My only hope is that whatever my gf has to say when she leaves me, she can say it in a way so as not to interrupt my game of Skyrim.

Sounds like he used to be spoiled brat who cried when he didn't win, now he's a spoiled brat with more testosterone post-puberty who gets angry when he doesn't win. It would be unfair to judge him on things I didn't see, but I've never really GAF'd about being fair when it comes to a sport I loosely follow. So screw Vettel, what a pampered piece of crap brat. :)

Kinda feel sorry for Vettel today. His luck had to run out at some point, but as a fan, it was still disappointing to see. He took it well though. AND OMG HE MADE A PEN1S JOKE ON THE BBC! LOL LOL LOL.

He continues to come across as a nice guy. I'm not going to get into a slanging match with you Eric, over something so small, but yeah, how you view him couldn't be further from the truth. I'll just say that.

Was hoping Alonso would take the fight to Hamilton, but it didn't happen. Some entertaining battles though. DRS showed how artificial it was today, but I guess without it, there would have been no overtakes at all.

Hoping Brazil produces a good race. It mostly always does.

I agree with Andres and JHS. Vettel is super focussed and pays attention to the details like any of the great champions (Disclaimer for numpties: not saying he's a "great", just that he has the work ethic and attitude of one, that's one thing you can't question any more with him). Bernie going to see him just shows the relationship they've got, which could only be a positive for Seb. But yeah, his first big problem of the year and an inherited win for Ham, in an incredibly boring race. Looking forward to Brazil.

And I need Skyrim in my life but I suspect I will fail my degree if I get it.

It's easy to think that F1 drivers are forever putting on an act, and really behind the scenes they're all selfish arrogant b*stards, and I'm sure Eric would like that to be true. :P

For me though, some drivers do come across a generally nice people. The two that it is most obvious with, I'd say, is Jenson and Vettel.

There was a nice battle when Button had a problem with KERS.

Maybe ramdom KERS problems is the way to go for next season.

Together with DRS and Pirelli it would be a hit.

There was a nice battle when Button had a problem with KERS.

Maybe ramdom KERS problems is the way to go for next season.

Together with DRS and Pirelli it would be a hit.

You, my friend, are a GENIUS! Each car could be programmed to fail in a random part, at random! How exciting would it be then!

hmm - okay race for a boring track.

well done Alonso and Hamilton in that order.

good job Button in keeping that car on track with the intermittent KERS issues and the braking problems that caused.

nice to see Ruben's battling back from last to 12th too.

battle for 2nd in the WDC will be the most interesting thing to watch in Brazil - let's hope we get a good season finale - Brazil doesn't usually disappoint.

Hamilton inherits P1 from the Master of the Universe.

Alonso inherits P2 from the Master of the Universe.

Bernies Ecclestone goes to comfort the Master of the Universe.

:lol:

althought you took a little dig at me it's actually quite funny....but remember, it's Master of the F1 Universe. :P

I skipped the whole Vettel love notes and came straight to the conclusion that Jacques Villeneuve can't dance.

I didn't see the race, but I had it tivo'd but well done to Lewis and Jenson. And just a little bit of a hahaHAHAHA in there for good measure. Just 'cause.

:lol:

althought you took a little dig at me it's actually quite funny....but remember, it's Master of the F1 Universe. :P

It's a dig at too much praise for Vettel. :D

Of course I think he deserves some praise for such a good season but only time will tell whether he's the Master of the F1 Universe or not.