Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Brazilian Wax

This forum has died.

I remember a year or two ago (when I was last here) this place was pumping, now there's bugger all happening. Personally I think this is a reflection of the mediocre spectacle that F1 is becoming. Seriously that Sh#t is BORING man.

Brazilian race? Chance of excitement = 10%

Start - 100% excitement for 1/4 lap

Race - 10% chance of excitement

Finish - The winner will be determined half way through so 0%

This forum has died.

I remember a year or two ago (when I was last here) this place was pumping, now there's bugger all happening. Personally I think this is a reflection of the mediocre spectacle that F1 is becoming. Seriously that Sh#t is BORING man.

That has nothing to do with the racing.

That has nothing to do with the racing.

I agree with Paul, I am still pumping the bugger.

Oh, wait, that's not what Negative Ions was saying, my bad. :whistling:

This forum has died.

I was kind of hoping that the fact our Terms & Rules are now completely blank would entice new members, but I guess since most F1 fans are European, they only like forums with over-regulation.

To be honest, as disinterested as I am in F1, I don't think it has anything to do with forum activity. Twitter and Facebook groups have killed the forum; people who want to talk about F1 on the Internet aren't looking for sites like this. A group of guys I've posted on many forums with have all moved to Twitter, and I've gone with them. It has merit in that it expands your reach, and while I'm not sure how true this is for F1, I have communicated with many people actually in NASCAR and IndyCar (including a few drivers) through Twitter, and I'm sure that appeals to many over talking to people who have but one connection to the sport: their WiFi.

But I love you guys. I just wish you'd all go to Twitter so I could stop posting here and condense my prejudice to 140 characters. I even Tweet in Spanish for that guy without hair who supports that team without a name and occasionally German for the greatest driver in the history of the earth, 2011 World Champion Sebastién Bourdais.

This forum has died.

A very negative comment!

It's winter, it's cold, it's dark, I don't feel well and I have an essay to do.

Just thought I needed to fit in with the moaning thing.

What was this thread again? Oh yeah, the Brazilian GP.

Well, if it's a dud, just watch the '03 race and pretend it's live again. Just use your imagination. Failing that, take drugs British fans can treat themselves to the joys of Fix Factor on ITV. Yay.

JHS18 in no way condones the use of drug taking during a race. There's enough bullsh1t posts about a race after it has happened on forums these days anyway.

It will be a great race no matter what because it always is. And because it's only after the race is finished that we fully realize that we have nothing ahead but 4 months without F1, and after all the whinning and moaning, we still love it. In a couple of months we will all put cooking pots in our head and yell like Vettel, we will miss him so much. Or randomly crash against our houses' furniture and then look contrited pretending we are Lewis. Or walk around midtown making mad gestures at people as we pass them pretending we are Nando.

Or simply rape everybody and pretend we are Bernie.

That, señor, made me laugh. Indeed I will be watching the Brazil race, because no matter what Australia and Brazil are a must see. Even if you forgot about the season halfway through because you were too busy to care. In the end it's in december that I realize that no matter how edulcorated I still care enough to be interested. And then there's the fact that I love you guys XD

Spent the last three days writing about possibly the most boring and confusing topic in the world: English Land Law. So I'm looking forward to chilling out and watching a bit of F1 :) P.S. Hate you all.

Spent the last three days writing about possibly the most boring and confusing topic in the world: English Land Law. So I'm looking forward to chilling out and watching a bit of F1 :) P.S. Hate you all.

laugh.gif

**** you a##hole

Poor All!! :P

Being a scouser I would have thought you'd be researching Hub-cap Stealing Law :P

Twitter and Facebook are dull and have too much "noise". The draw of speaking to a driver is not that great. Besides you can do that in other ways - I have exchanged emails with Sir Jackie Stewart several times, for example.

F1 is dull in some respects as it is now a spec series being so highly regulated, penalties fly thick and fast and low chance for innovation...

The drop off in this forum is not down to Twitter and Facebook, many of the same names still lurk and post. But I guess the global economy has got a bit tougher and we are all working a bit harder.

Plus I hate you all too :P :P :P:D

I don't think old members have left for Twitter, but I do think there aren't many new members seeking any kinds of forums anywhere because of it. Every racing forum is in decline right now. People move on inevitably, but the popularity of forums in general has declined to the point they don't get replaced, and with this forum not exactly being the kindest to new members and being more interested in bringing back past ones than finding new additions, the few who do look probably don't find much that's welcoming.

I don't think old members have left for Twitter, but I do think there aren't many new members seeking any kinds of forums anywhere because of it. Every racing forum is in decline right now. People move on inevitably, but the popularity of forums in general has declined to the point they don't get replaced, and with this forum not exactly being the kindest to new members and being more interested in bringing back past ones than finding new additions, the few who do look probably don't find much that's welcoming.

Maybe but this is one of the more refined forums (fora?) on the web. Most I find to be filled with numpties or people ranting about their favourite driver.

I've been a sad bunny since the mid 90s when Compuserve used to be equivalent of the Interweb.... people moved on from there to Fora. And I don't think we're any more unkind than some others. Part of the challenge of joining :)

]

Maybe but this is one of the more refined forums (fora?) on the web. Most I find to be filled with numpties or people ranting about their favourite driver.

I've been a sad bunny since the mid 90s when Compuserve used to be equivalent of the Interweb.... people moved on from there to Fora. And I don't think we're any more unkind than some others. Part of the challenge of joining :)

I have to agree, Grabbers. Forums are only as good as their supporters and the quality and skills of the debate therein. Since the advent of texting and latterly, tweeting the art of reasonable argument and even light-hearted banter has died a death. Most people can't or won't string a decent sentence together anymore. They fear the cut and thrust of intellectual exchange, [not that I have seen much of that here]naughty.gif. The world is moving too fast and is the worse for it . Most F1 forums suck because of it. Despite the lack of input and population, I still believe TotalF1 stands head and shoulders above it's contemporaries. If you believe Interlagos will be boring, then it will be. Real fans live in desperate hope that it won't be anything other than pure, 100% proof excitement. Don't we?

EDIT: Missed a bit!

Vettel broke the most poles records finally.

But I think Alonso was most impressive, he must be the driver with most 5th positions (well, maybe Heidfeld or Rosberg in years past might have been close) :P

Intermittent rain showers tomorrow would, perhaps, add some spice to the proceedings. However, irrespective of the weather most of us will watch because it's F1, because it's Brazil (cue up the soundtrack, please) and because it's the final race of the season. And Andres is right to remind us that we'll be parched by four months of off-season, no racing and limited testing come the beginning of the 2012 season. But I must concur with our down-under friend: there are no ZZZZ in "Suckers" although agreeing with someone who ZZZZ with sheep is morally reprehensible to me.