Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS18

Generic Btcc Thread

Updated my list from above with recent announcements. They include:

• Tom Onslow-Cole leaves Team Ebay to move to drive Team HARD's Volkswagen Passat CC
  • James Cole has been confirmed as the second Insignia driver alongside Jack Goff at HARD.
  • Rob Austin and Will Bratt will continue to race at Rob Austin Racing, which will be renamed Wix Racing for the entire season.
  • Andy Neate will run an NGTC spec Chevrolet Cruze with his own brand new team. A second car in the year is likely.
  • AmD have confirmed they will make the switch to NGTC. They will initially continue to run the VW Golf in the first half of the season, before switching to an NGTC spec Vauxhall Corsa later in the season.

The big news from today is that 2009 champion, Colin Turkington, will return to the series with WSR alongside Collard and Foster. Brilliant news for the series to have someone like Turkington back at long last.

BTCC will have its third different commentator in as many years.

Toby Moody has increased commitments with ESPN for rallycross and the X Games and therefore hands the mic over to David Addison.

This was the only video I could find of him talking. I recognise his voice, but don't recall watching much where he has been commentating, so it'll be interesting to hear how he does. Hopefully a lot better than Toby Moooooody. The way he elongated certain words was seriously annoying.

No one is worse than Toby Moody was for BTCC.

I think it emphasizes how important chemistry is. Different setting, probably a better commentator.

Then again, I was kind of cynical watching the few BTCC rounds I did this year because no one seemed to be able to drive within the bounds of the track (or they were just forced out).

No, no, you were right on your firrst assumption, Eric. BTCC drivers can not drive within the bounds of the track. It is a well documented and proven fact.

I agree. I've lost interest in the BTCC of late, for reasons I've gone over a lot previously. That's why I've not really been updating this thread regularly. The likes of DTM, V8SC and NASCAR interest me a lot more at the moment. But hey, the entry looks like it'll be good this year, it is good to see Turkington back for one thing, so I'll probably still watch most of it.

It's media day at Donington Park today. That means entry list unveiled and plenty of new liveries etc.

Good news - 32 cars will be on the grid this year. That of course, includes the AmD NGTC Vauxhall Astra, which won't be ready till half way through the year.

Full entry list here: http://www.btcc.net/html/drivers.php

Smart livery for Joe Girling:

Joe_Girling1.jpg

New livery for the Golf. James Kaye will return to the series and drive.

James_Kaye1.jpg

David Nye's livery on the S2000 Ford Focus, run by Welch Automotive.

David_Nye1.jpg

Adam Morgan's self run car looking nice in blue.

Adam_Morgan1.jpg

Both Jordan's and Smith's cars represented in Pirtek colours for this year.

Pirtek_Racing1.jpg

Much nicer livery on the MGs this year. Last year's was eye-searingly awful.

Jason_Plato1.jpg

Wix Racing is back for this year...

Wix_Racing1_001.jpg

Revised livery for Frank Wrathall's car

Wrathall1.jpg

Griffin's car looks nice in black

Griffin1.jpg

Already seen this one - but I really like it.

Collard1.jpg

Fresh look for Honda this year as well.

Shedden_pitlane1.jpg

More pictures to come throughout the day. Important to remember that Team HARD's Passats and Insignias are not there - there was an announcement last night that they are not yet ready.

First race is at Brands Hatch on the 31st. Continued TV deal on ITV4 with all support races live. One change in the support package is that Formula Ford replaces the now defunct Formula Renault championship.

Picture of Andy Neate's work-in-progress NGTC Chevrolet Cruze. His team will field two cars this year.

neate2013-630x354.jpg