Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Kimi Returns - So What?

I did'nt ponder if he was lazy or self absorbed... but then, how would you really know?

Even then, what would really constitute him being lazy, he always did what the team expected of him, even in his Ferrari days... Why would a team hire him if he indeed has that reputation? He was even recommended by Whitmarsh, how do we explain it? If you said he has grown, how would the team know that. I'm just thinking out loud here...

So you think the widespread view of Kimi was started by me? I'm flattered that you think my influence stretches that far! Seriously, numerous quotes by team members over the years substantiate those claims. Where do you think those views started, if there wasn't some official quote from someone who would know? Really, Brad, think about it a little....

So you think the widespread view of Kimi was started by me? I'm flattered that you think my influence stretches that far! Seriously, numerous quotes by team members over the years substantiate those claims. Where do you think those views started, if there wasn't some official quote from someone who would know? Really, Brad, think about it a little....

And there are many more quotes from team members stating the exact opposite. Apart from a few cheap shots by Ferrari after Kimi had already been replaced by Alonso, the Ferrari mechanics, McLaren mechanics and many other people who have worked with Kimi have said nothing but praise for his feedback, abilities, attitude and so forth. Personally I'm sick and tired of hearing how Kimi is lazy and not motivated. Kimi himself has addressed this twice since coming back to F1, yet naturally you know better because of these "numerous quotes". Probably the same authentic and reliable sources the tabloids use when they need to make up a story.

I have'nt read one single quote from an insider (team member) on him being lazy and self-absorbed. If you have please show it to me. I have however read things from the media...

And there are many more quotes from team members stating the exact opposite. Apart from a few cheap shots by Ferrari after Kimi had already been replaced by Alonso, the Ferrari mechanics, McLaren mechanics and many other people who have worked with Kimi have said nothing but praise for his feedback, abilities, attitude and so forth. Personally I'm sick and tired of hearing how Kimi is lazy and not motivated. Kimi himself has addressed this twice since coming back to F1, yet naturally you know better because of these "numerous quotes". Probably the same authentic and reliable sources the tabloids use when they need to make up a story.

You are absolutely right about this but if kimi being lazy won a WDC with Ferrari right away were that will leave Alonso who replaced him and is still looking for that elusive red title, Kimi being lazy (if he reaaly is) is still faster and better than Alonso.

You are absolutely right about this but if kimi being lazy won a WDC with Ferrari right away were that will leave Alonso who replaced him and is still looking for that elusive red title, Kimi being lazy (if he reaaly is) is still faster and better than Alonso.

kimi isn't lazy, he just likes to party. party leads to alcohol, alcohol leads to drunkenness, drunkenness leads to hangover, hangover makes you to do things slowly and to look lazy.:D

Purely a matter of interest for Kimi fans :)

Lotus bosses say team atmosphere will bring out Kimi Raikkonen's best

By Dieter Rencken and Matt Beer

Lotus will bring the very best out of Kimi Raikkonen, reckon team bosses Eric Boullier and Gerard Lopez, who believe the 2007 world champion is a much more dedicated team player than his past reputation suggested. Raikkonen has impressed Lotus since joining the team for his Formula 1 comeback after two years in rallying, and was quickest on the first day of winter testing at Jerez last week. Lopez said Lotus had found Raikkonen to be a totally different character to how he was presented during his last F1 stint. "For most people it's probably one of the big mysteries, because you hear the hearsay and so forth, but we feel very good with him and he clearly feels at home," Lopez told AUTOSPORT. "He smiles a lot when he's with us! But most importantly that says he feels more like part of the family." Lopez added: "I think Kimi has a public image that honestly from what we've seen does not translate into how he really is. He's a very hard worker, very good at providing feedback, and has a good team spirit. "Once we talked to him, once we understood why he was coming back, we really felt comfortable. If you look at what happened [at the test], nobody can say that he's not on the pace." Boullier reckons the way Lotus works is proving ideal for Raikkonen. "We tried to handle his personality and make sure that we don't bother him too much with too many intrusions, and he's a real racer," said Boullier. "This team is full of proper racing people and he has fitted very well because we speak the same language. "We are flexible, but our system is very racing-orientated, and that suits him very well."

Wow - they really are on the media offensive - I'd like to hear more from Kimi himself though Brad - perhaps you can find some quotes from him for me. You're my go to guy on all things Kimi/Lotus for the now. wink.gif

Wow - they really are on the media offensive - I'd like to hear more from Kimi himself though Brad - perhaps you can find some quotes from him for me. You're my go to guy on all things Kimi/Lotus for the now. wink.gif

Did you even bother to read the thread?

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/topic/1852728710-kimi-returns-so-what/page__view__findpost__p__340425

7 pages! when I can get an answer from you in seconds! nah - you supply an invaluable service - many thanks thbup.gif

So you open the thread and go to the last posts... no wonder you sound so confused....always

I mean, the team being media offensive.... of course they were asked questions... go and hug Mike, you obviiously read HIS post

Brad, stop being so precious, bud...

Yes, ban his polite a##! Ban him! Ban him!

Ut oh...why are you looking at me?

:eekout:

So you open the thread and go to the last posts... no wonder you sound so confused....always

I mean, the team being media offensive.... of course they were asked questions... go and hug Mike, you obviiously read HIS post

Brad - I think you misunderstood my first post buddy.

I said they were on a media offensive - not they are media offensive.

i.e. they are putting out a lot of press releases about Kimi and Lotus.

My tone was not one of Kimi-bashing, Brad-bating or any such thing. I was liking the fact that you're putting all this stuff up here in one place and wanted to hear more from Kimi himself.

Thanks for the link to the interview - I did read that and it was good to see Kimi chuckling about the same old F1 circus stuff.

I, for one, am actually happy to see Kimi back in F1. Mainly because I generally agree with his attitude that the whole circus is a load of bunf.

So please - less stinky fish comments - my wife will start to wonder. blush.gif

Peace my good man. Don't let those people winding you up, make you think that everyone's here just to annoy you. I'm certainly not. (well. not on this occasion - wait until Kimi runs into the back of Hamilton at a red light or something biggrin.gif)

EDIT typo

No I didn't bother reading, too long. But I have my opinion and feel like sharing it after having read "diagonally" some comments. Perhaps I'll do some repeats... Sorry for that.

I tend to agree with insider I think he's called. But frankly I'm very ambivalent about his coming back. I don't really enjoy Kimi mediaticaly speaking although he does come out with some good comments -so unexpected- at times which is bloody refreshing as most only seem to repeat what their teams have told them to say. What is annoying is that he is not "playing the game", he ends up treating us, the fans/followers, without an ounce of respect. In actual fact it's his hatred of the press which hits us. I cannot blame him as I loathe in general how the press cover events -sports or other- these days. I find quite idiotic their way of pushing towards "people magazine" news type (I personally don't give a rats A.. who Alonzo/Hamilton/etc are going out with), they are also always trying to give more importance than reality to rivalries, etc. just to show they know what is really going on and trying to have sensational info. So I understand his disgust.

What I hope to see is that the nature of rallying being what it is, he had to be closer to people -all the fans who helped him out of the ditches where he seemed to spend a lot of time- as well as media and has realized the importance and need to treat them better? One thing for sure is he would not have fitted very long with Nascar because of that... You can tell he's already on the defensive when he is asked about his motivation, but at least we can be sure he is speaking the truth.

Only idiots don't change, so lets see if the rallying stint has helped, but it would be nice to see a journalist actually find the right way to be with him and I'm sure we'd be in for interesting insight... until his team put an end to it?

However, as a racer he is exciting... IF the FIA let some racing happen! If I agree that most of the Schumaker style "defending" must be banned (dangerous and premeditated moves which clearly show the lack of respect he has for the other drivers), it remains a truth in all racing that "nice guys finish second", so let's hope the FIA will find a balance which they are making efforts at with ex-driver stewards. They now call "weaving" what used to be seen as trying to break the tow which is only normal. Even bike racers (motorized or not) don't like to give "free drafts".

DRS means more passing but its not really interesting in my view as there is no possibility of defending at all except just putting yourself early on the inside line of the coming corner. Does no one remember the incredible and exciting Mansell/Senna/Prost/etc moves of "tricking" their way ahead (nudging to the right then instantly diving on the left for example to occupy the correct line or placing on track)? Yes it lead to accidents at times but so what? It's not that hard to see dangerous driving, premeditation to annoy uselessly and artificially your opponents (Monaco qualifying) as Schumaker has been hit with at times even if not often enough...

What I'm saying is that he could be great news if he's not penalized left-right-center. I expect the best racers in the world to attempt really bold, sometimes near crazy moods and miss but sometimes make it. I remember the comment of Lendl who was arguing that the ball was out and the referee telling him "it makes no difference, you would not have gotten it" to which he replied very acurately "perhaps you wouldn't but if I felt it was going to be in, I would have". These top guns can and sometimes do things which go much beyond our imagination. Remember Senna saying he was out of his body for that lap and he can only say it was god who made it happen (which is ludicrous but even he didn't understand how he'd done it!). Watch skiing downhillers at some parts of the courses they are on... Thats what I want to see.

Lets wait and see what Kimi and the season hold as the Lotus seems, for the moment anyways, on pace.

http://www.totalf1.c...post__p__340425

Yurp, I apologise, I went abit overboard yesterday, I thought I detected some scarcastic undertones with your post....

No worries Buddy - all's good.wink.gif