Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Kimi Returns - So What?

Revel and gloat, yes, revel and gloat like a goat at the Iceman's misfortunes but our day shall come!!

Our day shall come MMWWHUUUUUAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wearing a hat indoors? Oh my, what nerve Räikkönen has. You know, if the U.S. anthem had played, he'd have to put his hand over his heart with his hat on his shoulder, unlike many who put their hats over their hearts which is very much wrong, and... :P

Kimi at the Geneva motorshow a week back...

On arrival Kimi was whisked straight off the Lotus Originals store, where a team was on hand to kit him out in the latest branded gear. True to form the Finn immediately made a beeline for the flat peak caps, picking one off the shelf along with a couple of t-shirts. Surprisingly, he breezed straight past the rack of formal shirts…

Now in full Lotus attire, Kimi was shown up to the VIP area where the views across the arena made for an impressive backdrop. Chatting away with guests while occasionally sipping from a glass of water (having politely declined the offer of champagne) the Finn instantly appeared at ease in the company of the automotive world’s key players.

Have to admit, pretty enjoyed Kimi's interview actually. Said quite a few amusing things, although as I've said already, it was clearly hard work for Jezza.

Still, he was a better guest than that Slash bloke. I can't take somebody seriously when they look THAT ridiculous, famous rock star or not.

Have to admit, pretty enjoyed Kimi's interview actually. Said quite a few amusing things, although as I've said already, it was clearly hard work for Jezza.

Still, he was a better guest than that Slash bloke. I can't take somebody seriously when they look THAT ridiculous, famous rock star or not.

Yeah Slash was poor quality entertainment. The story of him doing 360's in a Corvette on Sunset Blvd looked like a figment of an overactive imagination after watching him "burn" up the Top Gear track. I don't care if it was wet or damp or however you wish to describe the conditions, it was a poor effort Slash, it looked like you were off to the shops. Has he learnt nothing from Spinal Tap, turn it up to 11 at put y' foot down. Remember braking is for wimps.

As for Kimi it was good to see him again, he hasn't changed. I like the story about him passing out drunk at the feet of the new Stig in a Monaco bar a few years ago. Most other drivers wouldn't of let that subject crop up or be aired if it had been them but Kimi was as phlegmatic as ever and was honest enough to concede that it was him.

Have a good season Kimi.

Yeah, it was fun.

They were definitely generous with how wet the track was, but it's only a TV show, unlike the Race of Champions, which is the only way to measure a driver's talent. :P

Good for Kimi to be back, good for him for actually going on the show to do it, too, and good for F1 to have him back. Bunnies and rainbows and the works, and I mean that seriously. I hope the six past champions have a tremendous battle...

...for the lower points-paying positions while Kam Kobayashi and Felipe Massa duel go for broke taking the race wins.

Track was better for Lewis, worse for Webber. Kimi's time was between them. Sounds about right. Interview was alright. Slash is weird, but he is from Stoke so it's understandable.

So, Kimi is back to drive an reasonable uncompetitive car for a team who can barely afford him. It doesn't send any tingles down my spine, I can tell you. I never felt he was a value added contributor to the F1 circus, rather more a predator upon it and I certainly don't think his return will have any of the top drivers concerned in the slightest. This move probably brings Bruno Senna's short career in a midfield car to an abrupt end as the heavy-handed Kamerad Petrov brings a lot more cash to the party. The slight bonus is that though somewhat tarnished, the Lotus name re-emerges [again!] from the ashes. However, the only thing they seem to have going for them is a good engine. A driver team consisting of a very rusty, out of nick former WDC Finn and an extremely clumsy, former Lada Cup[?]winner is hardly a stunning prospect. I don't blame Robert for hitting reverse and staying well clear, [if that is what he is doing]. LRGP came fifth this year and he won't be impressed with that. He probably knows there was little he could have done about that even if he had been in the car.

ummm, suck it?

watch him next race.... get qualifying right and we're in for a show....

tend to agree - qually screwed him this weekend.

grosjean put his car on third.

kimi made up 10 places.

if he can qualify properly (somewhere around 4th-6th) we will see some kimi podiums this season.

tend to agree - qually screwed him this weekend.

grosjean put his car on third.

kimi made up 10 places.

if he can qualify properly (somewhere around 4th-6th) we will see some kimi podiums this season.

Things look sweet for Poochie team! :D We shall overcome!

I am looking forward to next race and see what Romain and Kimi can do! Although I prefer Grosjean to perform better just to p**s off Brad :P

[quote name='Quiet One' timestamp='1332163161' post='342308']
I am looking forward to next race and see what Romain and Kimi can do! Although I prefer Grosjean to perform better just to p**s off Brad :P
[/quote]

I have a plan if Grosjean beats Kimi, he drove along Alonso too. :rolleyes:

:lol: I'll keep my eye out for u 2...to prove y'all wrong...

Tell you what. If Kimi has a good result, I will say it is because he is riding a car Alonso help developing. I will also mention that Kimi was "put to shame" by the guy that is currently 1.2 seconds off Alonso's pace. And that Romain had a 0-7 qualy record with Alonso, but now has the record on his favor 1-0 on his new teammate. And I will say neener neener every other phrase!

Neener neener! :P

TF1, the place where serious arguments about racing are always happening

Anyone else hear his raised voice on the team radio?? He was wondering why so many blue flags were being shown! Personally I was shocked to hear that he has another tone of voice :o !

Tell you what. If Kimi has a good result, I will say it is because he is riding a car Alonso help developing. I will also mention that Kimi was "put to shame" by the guy that is currently 1.2 seconds off Alonso's pace. And that Romain had a 0-7 qualy record with Alonso, but now has the record on his favor 1-0 on his new teammate. And I will say neener neener every other phrase!

Neener neener! :P

TF1, the place where serious arguments about racing are always happening

...and result relationship between massa and kimi § massa and alonso, and how kimi should thank massa and ferrari for giving him WDC, and how every team that kimi drove for calls alonso as rescue solution after kimi ....:D

The only question worth asking now is "will Kimi win in 2012"?

My answer, going with my gut, is "no". McLaren and Red Bull are too strong I would suspect, and Renault, I mean, Lotus don't have the cash clout to keep up over the course of the year to the same degree as those two, which is where you work out that Kimi can not win this season (or forever how long he stays at Lada Renault Lotus Poochie).

But he will get closer to a win in his first year back than Schumi did....that's not to say Kimi is outright better, just the Lotus Lada Lamborghini Lexus Mazda Ford Dodge Oldsmobile Renault of 2012 is a better car than the Mercedes trying to use the 1950's success as modern day credibility F1 car of 2010 was.

The only question worth asking now is "will Kimi win in 2012"?

My answer, going with my gut, is "no". McLaren and Red Bull are too strong I would suspect, and Renault, I mean, Lotus don't have the cash clout to keep up over the course of the year to the same degree as those two, which is where you work out that Kimi can not win this season (or forever how long he stays at Lada Renault Lotus Poochie).

But he will get closer to a win in his first year back than Schumi did....that's not to say Kimi is outright better, just the Lotus Lada Lamborghini Lexus Mazda Ford Dodge Oldsmobile Renault of 2012 is a better car than the Mercedes trying to use the 1950's success as modern day credibility F1 car of 2010 was.

What are we betting on?...for real!

Let me expand....Kimi won't make the top step as he will be fighting with Vettel and Webber, thus slowing the three down, and henceforth Button and Lewis will be driving off into the sunset.

The Oracle has spoken.

:D