Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Kimi Returns - So What?

I don't know what you call personal attack, I was talking about drivers and only drivers until someone else mentioned Kimi's fans and all I said about fans in true and I don't have to retract from the truth, just read my comments and prove me wrong and I will never post here again.

I also checked and did'nt see from your latest postings so maybe Andres is refering to previous post's of yours...

It didn't take long for the first Kimi-Alonso debate to spill over, did it?

To quote Nico Rosberg - make love, not war, and win races. :P

Was win races advice for himself? He's not followed it and he never will. The margarine to Heidfeld's butter, and butter's pretty gross as it is.

I very much agree with Andrés.

:lol: you kimi fans! you are easier to wind up than alonso fans.

I never get wind up but I enjoy confrontation a lot especially when talking against Alonso, just watch and you'll see who are the ones that get winded up, give me a couple of races and you'll see them complaining like a Nancy about the treatment they are getting here, they've done before

An obvious personal attack? For many months, years maybe, there've been two and only two Alonso fans posting on these forums: Andrés and myself.

It's not the first time he does just that and, what's worse, he's proud of it. He's bragging of being in some sort of crusade against Alonso fans here.

Feel free to reply, I may not reply back.

He's not followed it and he never will.

Careful as you go. I still remember the "Brawn will never win a race" comment from 2009. :P

Of course you remember, I mention it in half my posts. :P

And the actual prediction was that they wouldn't score a single point...get it together...

Of course you remember, I mention it in half my posts. :P

And the actual prediction was that they wouldn't score a single point...get it together...

I guess the conclusions we can draw from this is that F1 is harder to predict than NASCAR. :P j/k

He never rated Asmer either, and we all know what he ended up doing.

Yeah, he sure showed him!

lol...quite funny...

Kimi Raikkonen is still up to the task of performing at his best in Formula One.

That is the claim of Pedro de la Rosa, who in 2006 was the famous Finn’s race teammate at McLaren just before Raikkonen – now 32 – switched to Ferrari and won the world championship. The so-called ‘iceman’ has been out of F1 for two years and on his comeback in Australia last week dropped the ball with a miserable qualifying performance. It has emerged Raikkonen came into the pits to change the tint of his helmet visor, and could not get back out for a crucial final qualifying run. According to Helsingin Sanomat newspaper, Raikkonen described the incident as “a little f*ck up”, and a day later had to be reminded on the radio about the meaning of blue flags. De la Rosa, however – who was a mere spectator in Melbourne after failing to qualify with HRT – said Sunday in Australia was “a fantastic race performance by Kimi”. “Kimi is a phenomenal talent and definitely one of the best drivers I have ever seen,” the Spaniard is quoted by another Finnish newspaper, Turun Sanomat. “Kimi and his team (Lotus) look really competitive. My guess is that they will be the biggest surprise of the season,” added de la Rosa.

F1Zone

Funny how various F1 media websites go on about Kimi not knowing what a blue flag is. He knew what a blue flag was, but rather was asking why they were being waved at him, or that's how he perceived it anyway. Turns out they were for the other cars around him. Yet no doubt the story will be reguritated again to make fun of Kimi and how he's not fit to drive in F1 because he doesn't know what a blue flag stands for. Annnnnyyyy minute now....

That's exactly what I was going to say, KM.

Anyone listening to the broadcast would have known that when Kimi said "whyamIgettingalltheblueflagswavedatme?Iampassingpeople" that he was clearly saying "My dear chap on the pitwall, can you please refer to the FIA regulations and please inform me on the meaning of these blue flags that are being waved at me? Currently I am unsure of what to do....should I continue passing everyone?"

Funny how various F1 media websites go on about Kimi not knowing what a blue flag is. He knew what a blue flag was, but rather was asking why they were being waved at him, or that's how he perceived it anyway. Turns out they were for the other cars around him. Yet no doubt the story will be reguritated again to make fun of Kimi and how he's not fit to drive in F1 because he doesn't know what a blue flag stands for. Annnnnyyyy minute now....

No need to worry about it, I'm sure it doesn't bother Kimi.

Not the first time a driver's been laughed at and it certainly won't be the last.

Haha, good to see other people see the light side of things.

http://www.planetf1.com/features/7614078/Kimi-s-Quick-Guide-To-F1-Flags

So, just in case Kimi is feeling a bit rusty about the flags he might see out on the track - none of which he's taken much notice of over the years - here's a refresher.

Blue Flag

Meaning: You are about to go a lap down, NOT, you are about to go down on a Lap (or in a lap-dancing club)

Yellow Flag

Meaning: Think about slowing down.

Double Waved Yellow Flags

Meaning: Oh, don't bother, it's probably a lot of fuss over nothing i.e. like when Takuma Sato blew engine smoke all over the exit of Eau Rouge and you went steaming through at top speed.

Orange Flag

Meaning: There's oil or debris on track, or as Takuma once said, "very slippery oily stuffs"

Green Flag

Meaning: You must drive in an eco-friendly manner from this point on.

Red Flag

Meaning: Vitaly's gone off somewhere again.

Red Light at End of Pitlane

Meaning: In about five seconds time Lewis is going to smash into the back of you.

Black Flag

Meaning: Race Control has been taken over by pirates. (Normally with a number showing how many pirates)

Educational, too. I had no idea there was an orange flag. Never encountered that in the United States...

Educational, too. I had no idea there was an orange flag. Never encountered that in the United States...

Probably because there is none :lol:

As far as I know the "oil on track" flag is yellow with red stripes, except when they use the red with yellow stripes.

Of course, maybe that has changes and I never knew about it.

Meanwhile, as nobody was kind enough to provide me with a stream for the Midwest freestyle canoneing, I will settle for a stream for

Is this the pinnacle of Western culture?

I miss the Communists...

Yeah, like Andres says, I think that's an error.

It's yellow with red stripes. Yellow with red stripes damnit! That site is sh*te (see what I did there hahaha :P) and should check their facts. :angry:

We don't have a yellow-and-red-striped flag around here, either, but I've seen it before in F1, and never knew what it was.

What we do have around here, of course, is

. Used to be on ESPN, oftentimes before NASCAR Winston Cup coverage, and I was curious if anyone has a stream now that it's not...

Actually the red and yellow striped flag means "Debris or Object On Track"; such as Kobayashi's front wing, Rubens steering wheel, a puddle of oil, or a mad Scottish priest...

Actually the red and yellow striped flag means "Debris or Object On Track"; such as Kobayashi's front wing, Rubens steering wheel, a puddle of oil, or a mad Scottish priest...

Then why don't they wave it while Massa is still running huh? HUH?

We don't have a yellow-and-red-striped flag around here, either, but I've seen it before in F1, and never knew what it was.

What we do have around here, of course, is

. Used to be on ESPN, oftentimes before NASCAR Winston Cup coverage, and I was curious if anyone has a stream now that it's not...

:lol: BTW what an amazing display of the ultimate in pedal boat control by the umpire in the back!

This goes right to my collection of "sports we should talk more about"

Just wait until I start my own Total Free Canoeing Forum! It will include sections (so far) for: Gloucester Cheese Rolling, Snail Races and Female Log Rolling. And, of course, our very own Donkey Rally.

Here's another entrant (Damn, I'd hate to be the guy checking the feet at the beginning!)

And, the grand finale, the most serious candidate for "

"

To all the Kimi fans out there... I am sure many might have seen this interview of Kimi after he completed his first test at Sauber. Surprising to see him not change a bit over these years. For ppl who think he does not communicate to the engineers or does not know cars. During the course of this interview there is amention of how does he know cars so well. Great interview and it has subtitles. Enjoy the video