Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Welcome 2012 And All That Jazz

:D

I'm sorry to disappoint you on both accounts, we have no churrascarias nor guarana (maybe you can get some guarana, though, never paid much attention), you should ask Massa, thoug, he seems to drink a lot of Guarana. Actually, as the season went on, he seemed to smile less and less and drink more and more guarana :P

Guarana - mmm liquid gold. You may have a point re Massa though eusa_think.gif

a couple hours of caffeine high, an unbearable need to pee at all times

Not being able to sleep and a need to pee at all times? Nah that's not Guarana, its just called "being over 40"... Does Guarana make you look at the legs/breasts of all women aged under 60 too? :D

Now, about the churrascarias: we don't have them simply because almost every restaurant (except the vegs ones and ethnicals, of course :P) are steak houses as well. And don't even compare the buffalo steak they serve you in Brazil with our finest cowmeat :furious:

In their defence, they do chicken and pork too :) I did actually eat buffalo when I went to Belem. This was half a cow waved over a frying pan and served topped with half a ton of buffalo mozarella. Filet Marajoara it was called. If you succeeded in eating it before having a coronary you got a commemorative plate saying in Portuguese something to the effect of "I had it and survived (but my arteries are now so furred up I can't walk up more than two flights of stairs)

I still have my plate :P

Come here, order a "Lomo steak" or a "Bife de chorizo" steak. You will never been able to enjoy good beef anywhere else. We might suck at everything else, except that! This is the beef that kept your Tommys well-fed through two world wars for george's sake!

I am salivating at the prospect....

I do eat the occasional tin of Fray Bentos corned beef, but its not quite the same.... :)