Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Moderators

Howdy all

Seems like it may be time for some new moderators to curb the amount of spammers joining up...

Who is up for the gig? Please reply to this thread if interested and detail any experience you have had moderating other forums etc (that isn't essential but would be helpful).

Thanks!

Wes

Howdy all

Seems like it may be time for some new moderators to curb the amount of spammers joining up...

Who is up for the gig? Please reply to this thread if interested and detail any experience you have had moderating other forums etc (that isn't essential but would be helpful).

Thanks!

Wes

Hi Wes, good to hear from you....

How about us nominating ppl? Andres and Handy would look after the forum nicely...Graham too, yes, I'm thinking of the members who seem to care about TF1

Hi Wes, good to hear from you....

How about us nominating ppl? Andres and Handy would look after the forum nicely...Graham too, yes, I'm thinking of the members who seem to care about TF1

I am happy for people to be nominated, as long as they are happy to be mods. :)

If I was to do it, I'd have to stand on the following policies:

All Kimi threads to be abolished, and replaced with "Get Sutil Out of Jail" threads

All posts in all threads to finish "FFS"

All Anti-Nick Heidfeld posters to be permanently banned for life, or until such time as they see the error in their ways, whichever comes first

HRT fan club to be set up, with all threads posted then on to start with "HRT is the bestest team ever"

Campaign for Bernie Eccelstone to be allowed to earn $10-billion USD a year from Formula One, and instigate a cash charge for every post made by members, payable directly to Mr Ecclestone

Have Steph flash her boobies when ever Jenson beats Lewis throughout seasons 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015

Have Andre flash his bald head when ever Alonso beats Massa throughout seasons 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, with the words "I am faster than you!" tattooed into his scalp

Campaign for a scratch and sniff section be added to the forum

FFS

All Kimi threads to be abolished, and replaced with "Get Sutil Out of Jail" threads

All Anti-Nick Heidfeld posters to be permanently banned for life, or until such time as they see the error in their ways, whichever comes first

HRT fan club to be set up, with all threads posted then on to start with "HRT is the bestest team ever"

Campaign for Bernie Eccelstone to be allowed to earn $10-billion USD a year from Formula One, and instigate a cash charge for every post made by members, payable directly to Mr Ecclestone

Have Steph flash her boobies when ever Jenson beats Lewis throughout seasons 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015

Have Andre flash his bald head when ever Alonso beats Massa throughout seasons 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015, with the words "I am faster than you!" tattooed into his scalp

FFS

Great, perfect. Handrés should be the moderating team, cute pet name and all.

I moderated a free Invision forum once. It had four members. One was a Russian spambot, the other three were me and two buddies. The Russian spambot didn't even make a single post! How rude to give me no work to do.

I guess what I would ask is...

What are the moderators for?

Are they just to clean up spammers, or are they to moderate discussion as well? You may notice the "TF1 Forum Terms & Rules" are blank, both at the link and at registration of new accounts, so at the moment, when some individuals become moderators, they have no rules to enforce.

Only reason I bring it up is:

If it's just to clean up spammers, people with a lot of free time who can login regularly throughout the day should do it; and perhaps they should all be in different time zones to cover all the hours in a day more easily and catch things quickly.

If it's to clean things up AND to moderate discussion under some set of TBD rules, then it should be people who really are fair people who understand that respect is a two-way street and are very familiar with the atmosphere of this forum and what brings out the best in it.

Just some thoughts.

FFS

I think that will do... Thank god for the Steph flash her boobs pics for my private collection!!!

FFS!!!

Craig, Craig. Sigh.

Major error in your comment above, should read:

"Have Steph flash her boobies when ever Jenson beats Lewis throughout seasons 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015"

That way we get a headstart and removes the risk of chance ;)

FFS

FFS

your requests would be very tricky if you were holding hostages

If it's not unconsiderate, I'd rather turn down the nomination, Brad. I have no experience, I am too power crazy so even giving me the minor power of moderating a forum might set up the final amageddon, and, above all, why commit on something when you can wash your hands (like I just did) and then criticize from the sidelines? ("This Craig guy...tsk, tsk...even I could do a better job at moderating than him" *shakes head sadly*) :D

Seriously, I nominate Brad instead, because he is always around, he is dependable, criterious and fair but that (except for regularity) also applies to most of the few TF1ers still around. I add my vote for Craig, btw.

In short, anybody but me :D

FFS

I'm sure he doesn't have the time, but I actually think Maure would make a better moderator than most.

I wouldn't put any of you loons in charge! :P And 99% of the mod work should be killing spam, not mediating discussions because it's rare they ever need moderating and we don't want to lose our good old TF1 arguments (spoken like the true TF1 arguer that I am. Of course the spambots may disagree).

Maure would be awful as a moderator as he's more mischievous than a daedric prince.

Edit:

FFS

If it's not unconsiderate, I'd rather turn down the nomination, Brad. I have no experience, I am too power crazy so even giving me the minor power of moderating a forum might set up the final amageddon, and, above all, why commit on something when you can wash your hands (like I just did) and then criticize from the sidelines? ("This Craig guy...tsk, tsk...even I could do a better job at moderating than him" *shakes head sadly*) :D

Seriously, I nominate Brad instead, because he is always around, he is dependable, criterious and fair but that (except for regularity) also applies to most of the few TF1ers still around. I add my vote for Craig, btw.

In short, anybody but me :D

FFS

FFS!!! damnit, you're clueless to the respect u have on this forum! I'm crazy man, won't make a good mod... :D

Cool, if Graig wants to I nominate him too... so he has 2 votes. I would like to vote for Steph but does she have time? Graham? Handy?

FFS!!!

Steph certainly doesn't have time. And she'd forget what she was moderating half way through moderating something anyways.

Totally unreliable she is. You know. Typical female trait and all that.... :whistling:

FFS

Either no one sincerely wants to do this...

...or everyone is too humble to nominate themselves/accept nominations...

...or everyone is nominating themselves through PM so they can pretend they are surprised when they get the job.

If the third case does not apply, perhaps if someone really unfit to be a moderator nominated him- or herself, people would, in an act to heroically save the forum, give in and accept that they are destined to run this forum.

As such, I will pretend to nominate F1 Master Batracer so you will all jump in and do it instead.

What about you, Brad? I think you would be excellent too.

Thanks for the sentiments...

I don't know. Mainly because I chat from work. I have my homepage at work and home set to TF1 so it means I chat inbetween work and would'nt have the adequate time to moderate.

a Moderator should also have time to maintain as I see it...

Not to say some of you guys have free time, advertising and design can get just a tad more busier

I don't know. Mainly because I chat from work. I have my homepage at work and home set to TF1 so it means I chat inbetween work and would'nt have the adequate time to moderate.

Not to say some of you guys have free time, advertising and design can get just a tad more busier

Yep this is true.

Prove it :P

Howdy all

Thanks!

Wes

I would love to get involved but my life has never been so busy at 65 years of age. Depends what needs doing and when. Don't want the place to die off.

I would love to get involved but my life has never been so busy at 65 years of age. Depends what needs doing and when. Don't want the place to die off.

I personally think having two moderators would be best. You could still do it, but there would be less pressure on you to be logged in 24/7. :P

I would be willing to be one of the moderators if and only if I had a partner or partners, everyone else was okay with it, and no one more qualified/with more forum support stepped up to do it. I only say this because I probably have more free-time than anyone else to take care of spam posts, no other reasons. So if everyone (particularly Wes) was okay with it, and no one else wanted it, and Insider or whomever else wanted a co-moderator, I would put my name out there. My thinking is I have the time to deal with spam, and the other moderator could have the ability to deal with the very few glitches in conversation that we have sometimes that require a bit of encouragement in another direction.