Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Moderators

I personally think having two moderators would be best. You could still do it, but there would be less pressure on you to be logged in 24/7. :P

I would be willing to be one of the moderators if and only if I had a partner or partners, everyone else was okay with it, and no one more qualified/with more forum support stepped up to do it. I only say this because I probably have more free-time than anyone else to take care of spam posts, no other reasons. So if everyone (particularly Wes) was okay with it, and no one else wanted it, and Insider or whomever else wanted a co-moderator, I would put my name out there. My thinking is I have the time to deal with spam, and the other moderator could have the ability to deal with the very few glitches in conversation that we have sometimes that require a bit of encouragement in another direction.

Eric, I nominate you... you're young but have a mature head on you shoulders. Stay unbiased and courteous (the way you always have) to every member, especially those who've been here for years. Sorry for the lecture...

Handy... I nominate you too.

Let's get his done

I personally think having two moderators would be best. You could still do it, but there would be less pressure on you to be logged in 24/7. :P

I would be willing to be one of the moderators if and only if I had a partner or partners, everyone else was okay with it, and no one more qualified/with more forum support stepped up to do it. I only say this because I probably have more free-time than anyone else to take care of spam posts, no other reasons. So if everyone (particularly Wes) was okay with it, and no one else wanted it, and Insider or whomever else wanted a co-moderator, I would put my name out there. My thinking is I have the time to deal with spam, and the other moderator could have the ability to deal with the very few glitches in conversation that we have sometimes that require a bit of encouragement in another direction.

Well, that's a step in the right direction. I am logged in virtually 24/7 and I can commit to operating in a balanced and unbiased role here as long a JB wins every weekmf_tongue.gif No, seriously if members want to put my name forward, I'm happy to give it a go along the lines that Massa has put on the table. It's up to you guys but the offer is there.

Well, that's a step in the right direction. I am logged in virtually 24/7 and I can commit to operating in a balanced and unbiased role here as long a JB wins every weekmf_tongue.gif No, seriously if members want to put my name forward, I'm happy to give it a go along the lines that Massa has put on the table. It's up to you guys but the offer is there.

I think that's settled then...

If Wes agrees of course.

I think Craig was willing too, I would add him to the list for the different time zones sake. I fhe agrees, I think we ahev a crew! Eric, Sean and Craig!

Appreciate that Brad, and agree, I would be happy with this plan as long as it has Wes' blessing. I think Insider will do a great job for this forum and I certainly hope I can do the same (if nothing else, I can just bore the spambots with NASCAR talk such that they just go away on their own :lol:). Cheers.

EDIT: Just saw Andrés' post, and would agree that if Craig wants to be added, he would be one of the best to be on the team.

Hello everybody. I'm back for the 2012 season, car launches, etc.

I'm a moderator wanabe.

I hate mods. :meh:

Appreciate that Brad, and agree, I would be happy with this plan as long as it has Wes' blessing. I think Insider will do a great job for this forum and I certainly hope I can do the same (if nothing else, I can just bore the spambots with NASCAR talk such that they just go away on their own :lol:). Cheers.

EDIT: Just saw Andrés' post, and would agree that if Craig wants to be added, he would be one of the best to be on the team.

I second that

I'll do it with Sean and Eric....just so I can boot that damn NASCAR lover outta here :P (jokes)

(maybe)

(no, jokes...really....)

(I wuv you, Eric)

So is this actually going to happen or...?

I hate your avatar pic :P

Anyway, you b#####ds. My boobs could moderate this place. See previous page as to why I made this comment.

I hate your avatar pic :P

Haha, you preferred the lemon? N'aww, neve knew you had feelings like that before. :P

Don't worry James...she's just having you on....she does really like him....like REALLY REALLY like him...she's always screaming out his name during sex....or is that just when she does it with me?!?!?!?!? :eusa_think:

Don't worry James...she's just having you on....she does really like him....like REALLY REALLY like him...she's always screaming out his name during sex....or is that just when she does it with me?!?!?!?!? :eusa_think:

Well. Vettel is quick.... ;)

Despite my long absences, I do care about this musty corner of the internets and all us fools who post here. There isn't a forum out there that can match what Wes, and we, have built here. We're immature, sincere, knowledgeable, biased, fair, brilliant and irreverent. We're the old uncle in the smelly sports jacket that has a house filled with unique and odd things and when you're visiting you can cuss up a blue streak and he wont care, as long as you have a bit of respect. We're a comfortable pub in the middle of a crazy internet that takes all comers and lets them be who they are, even if they occasionally hang themselves with their own rope.

It's essential that whomever is chosen to moderate be someone that will leave everything alone unless people start abusing one another over and above our normal level of loving abuse. A heavy-handed moderator will kill this cozy, crazy, pub.

There is a reason this forum was recommended in a British newspaper a while back. The new moderator should be someone who knows that reason.

Choose wisely.

(For my part, I nominate Steve-o and Russ.)

ah, Mike's back.... again...

wb Mike :)

edit: btw, we trust those we nominated, Russ is never around and we'de like to build this forum up to it's former glory. and we would nominate Steve too, but now there's a problem that there's too many

ah, Mike's back.... again...

wb Mike :)

edit: btw, we trust those we nominated, Russ is never around and we'de like to build this forum up to it's former glory. and we would nominate Steve too, but now there's a problem that there's too many

Thanks. I wasn't knocking anyone nominated so far, and all of them would probably be good choices, but I would humbly ask that those actually considering the post reflect on what I wrote.

And I do seem to vanish for long stretches of time. I suppose the excuse of getting my skull drilled into explains my latest disappearance. No monkey-brain inserted, tho, so I'm still as ignorant as I was before.

I believe this forum really only needs one rule: respect. Respect the fellow posters and respect the board itself (i.e. not using it for spam). 99.99% of what needs moderation here, in my eyes, falls into that second category (or no category at all, in the case of moving or merging threads posted in error). The .01% that doesn't is almost universally resolved with a quick, friendly reminder to be courteous if it is not simply resolved by the members involved before that.

I believe this forum really only needs one rule: respect. Respect the fellow posters and respect the board itself (i.e. not using it for spam). 99.99% of what needs moderation here, in my eyes, falls into that second category (or no category at all, in the case of moving or merging threads posted in error). The .01% that doesn't is almost universally resolved with a quick, friendly reminder to be courteous if it is not simply resolved by the members involved before that.

That's what worries me. Respect and courtesy are up to individual interpretation. What I call 'shooting straight' someone else might call 'discourteous'. Too much fuss about 'respect and courtesy' will kill a lively, honest conversation. Even the seemingly obvious 'step in only when there are personal attacks' can be abused. Some clever insults have been flung about this place between members who disagree and 99% of those have resolved themselves without need of moderation. None of this is a disagreement with what you've posted, just throwing some additional thoughts out there.

Actually, Eric, you'd do a good job.

Appreciate that and agree that it's never precise. I think it helps that the core posters all really know each other well enough to have a sense of tone. The best a moderator can do, in my opinion, is to never act too quickly. Let discussions play out. The questionable thing usually passes on its own. There's no reason to act, I'd think, unless the questionable thing is still a focus of discussion posts later and other posters beyond the moderator seem hung up over it. Even then, I'd find it best to simply try to give the conversation a friendly nudge toward wherever it was going before whatever held it up. If you wait to act, and you act gently when you do, it's a lot easier to fix any mistakes being made. I'd like to think of it more as forum janitor, cleaning up spam, than a moderator of discussion because really, we are all moderators of our own discussions by making quality posts that generate discussion and not replying to "dead-end" posts, and that's why this place works. I'd have to go back years to find non-spam posts I would have deleted, let alone given someone time off for, and I suspect they would have been my own. :lol: