Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Moderators

Hey. Lets not get too crazy and talk of all this jazz of sprucing the place up. Main reason mods are needed is to combat the spambots from posting (and possibly registering). Think wisely. You need a lot of time. I know this, I was elected admin for a while on another forum.

If you can honestly say that every day, you'd get home from college/work, go shower, have dinner, do homework/study/prepwork, sort out kids if you have them, cook/clean/iron and give up your leisure time (including posting here) to do mod work then go for it. That's what it was like for me with just 50-100 spambots a day. In the end, I give it up. I don't mean to killjoy the fun, but that's what it's about. Mod is a great title to have but it amounts to nothing if you don't do anything.

Hi Guys

1000 apologies for starting this thread then (seemingly) abandoning it!

I had every intention to add the Mods a while back (honest!)

Anyway, I have added the nominated 3 (HandyNZL, Massa & Insider (correct me if I am wrong)) - round of applause. I would also like to add Kopite Girl if she is keen as she has some good experience...

Thanks everyone for being so democratic about it, was great to see.

Now, I am not looking to the Mods to be heavy handed or stifle conversation etc, more to take care of the spammers and spam bots and generally look after the place (as I don't get a lot of time to actively participate in the forums (as you have probably gathered)).

Let me know of any issues etc.

thanks heaps

Wes

PS Roll on March!

Hi Guys

1000 apologies for starting this thread then (seemingly) abandoning it!

I had every intention to add the Mods a while back (honest!)

Anyway, I have added the nominated 3 (HandyNZL, Massa & Insider (correct me if I am wrong)) - round of applause. I would also like to add Kopite Girl if she is keen as she has some good experience...

Thanks everyone for being so democratic about it, was great to see.

Now, I am not looking to the Mods to be heavy handed or stifle conversation etc, more to take care of the spammers and spam bots and generally look after the place (as I don't get a lot of time to actively participate in the forums (as you have probably gathered)).

Let me know of any issues etc.

thanks heaps

Wes

PS Roll on March!

YAY!!! - another round of applause!!!!

Congratulations and do us proud guys!

Thanks again. Hopefully we'll make thing easier on Wes. As I said, I see myself as more of a janitor than a moderator...

...but you know I'm sensitive when it comes to comments about stock car racing. :lol:

No, seriously, cheers, glad I could help.

Congratulations to the new moderators (or two moderators and the janitor :P), I'm sure you'll do a great job.

I'm just p1ssed SuperKimi didn't get chosen. :P j/k

Eric a moderator? My George! What have we done? :D

(Now seriously, for a change)Thanks Wes, I concur that you have placed the forum in safe hands, Congrats Eric, Craig, Sean and Steph! I am sure Bruce must be smiling happy to know as well, wherever the old b#####d is now.

Glad the mod issue is sorted. I'll have to remember not to criticise Button, American racing/America in general, or make sheep shagging jokes.

American racing/America in general

Whatever you do, do NOT criticise the Mazda RX8s in Grand Am in any way. They're a sore subject.

Just kidding. :P

Congrats guys on your new roles :) Except Eric who will most likely abuse his powers :P

It's OK - I've got the keys to the janitor's closet, so I'll make sure he only gets the correct mop out each time :P

Even better news is that every time Button win's Steph now has to get her boobies out :P

Now all I have to work out is how to get Button to win.....then actually to get Steph to follow through with my idea....:eusa_think:

Even better news is that every time Button win's Steph now has to get her boobies out :P

Now all I have to work out is how to get Button to win.....then actually to get Steph to follow through with my idea....:eusa_think:

What she actually still has a choice in this??????? Maybe a spanking will suffice :snigger::naughty:

FFS!!!

Hi Wes,

I'd be honoured, and I accept. I'm not here as much as the other guys, but I'm sure I can change that! If I can ask the other mods to be patient with me and you guys too, I'll be back fully, slinging mud before you know it. With my boobs. And my cowgirl boots.

Thanks again.

And I just realised that my username initials are KG. Like Kyle Gass (Kage) of Tenacious D. That rocks!

You never told me you had cowboy boots.... :drool:

Two pair. One pair from California, one pair from Nevada! They look cute with Daisy Dukes. I can just about still get away with it! :lol:

Will I be the first girl mod here? I promise not to stop your hot women thread!

Steph, as an old timer, I can tell you you're not the first girl mod here, but I am sure you'll be great because you have shown great capacity to grow as a person in the time I have known you. The same goes for Eric. Insider is the best person to succeed Bruce as the wise old man of the forum.

Craig, you know well enough that you will make no better a moderator than I would, that is, a terrible one. I implore you for the sake of the forum to stand down, as the chances for a revival of the forum are slim as it is. You have too many skeletons in the cupboard in your time on this forum. You are too arrogant, too divisive, and your buttons are too easily pressed for you to inspire any respect as a moderator. Unlike the three people above, you are extremely vulnerable to being corrupted by power and you know that. Be the bigger person and do what's best for this fragile community. You can't resist stirring the pot, taking a dig, insulting someone or mocking a serious discussion. Most importantly, you are utterly incapable of admitting that you were wrong. Steph and Eric has repeatedly shown an amazing capacity to do that, which is why any past transgressions are easy to forgive--they have become better persons as a result. Moderators have to walk a fine line, which you know well you never could.

To the rest of you, all the best, you guys aren't just moderators. With you lies the only hope of bringing this place back to its glory days. Maybe I'll drop by in a few months to see what's cooking.

cheers,

Cav

To the rest of you, all the best, you guys aren't just moderators. With you lies the only hope of bringing this place back to its glory days. Maybe I'll drop by in a few months to see what's cooking.

cheers,

Cav

I was thinking about u last week and wondered how long it will be till you reappear...

Craig, you know well enough that you will make no better a moderator than I would, that is, a terrible one. I implore you for the sake of the forum to stand down, as the chances for a revival of the forum are slim as it is. You have too many skeletons in the cupboard in your time on this forum. You are too arrogant, too divisive, and your buttons are too easily pressed for you to inspire any respect as a moderator. Unlike the three people above, you are extremely vulnerable to being corrupted by power and you know that. Be the bigger person and do what's best for this fragile community. You can't resist stirring the pot, taking a dig, insulting someone or mocking a serious discussion. Most importantly, you are utterly incapable of admitting that you were wrong. Steph and Eric has repeatedly shown an amazing capacity to do that, which is why any past transgressions are easy to forgive--they have become better persons as a result. Moderators have to walk a fine line, which you know well you never could.

Cav, If you read this thread carefully you'll realise that their's alot of respect amongst us for Craig. It can't be an coincidence and I really don't know what you're talking about. You may accuse him of all these things above but I've never experienced it. Unfortunately you had a run-in with him and can't seem to get over it...

That's it from my side...

Cav, you tease, coming in here just to tell us we have to earn you back! Give us all stage fright, knowing we have an audience, eh? :P

Seriously, while I and others obviously thing Craig is the right choice, it's nice to see you're still around. Hope all has been well.

Hi Wes,

I'd be honoured, and I accept. I'm not here as much as the other guys, but I'm sure I can change that! If I can ask the other mods to be patient with me and you guys too, I'll be back fully, slinging mud before you know it. With my boobs. And my cowgirl boots.

Thanks again.

And I just realised that my username initials are KG. Like Kyle Gass (Kage) of Tenacious D. That rocks!

Two pair. One pair from California, one pair from Nevada! They look cute with Daisy Dukes. I can just about still get away with it! :lol:

Will I be the first girl mod here? I promise not to stop your hot women thread!

Tell me they're Dan Posts. If they're Dan Posts you are the perfect woman and someone had better snap you up, quick. ;)

Steph, as an old timer, I can tell you you're not the first girl mod here, but I am sure you'll be great because you have shown great capacity to grow as a person in the time I have known you. The same goes for Eric. Insider is the best person to succeed Bruce as the wise old man of the forum.

cheers,

Cav

Your honesty is always refreshing. You and I tend to agree on some issues and not agree on others, but I can always count on you to be genuine. That, sir, is a valuable quality. If you post it, I will read.