Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

2012 Preseason Predictions Thread

Are you a politician? Because that in no way answered the question?!?!? :P

The question was, if not Hamilton and Button, then Button and who?

Are you a politician? Because that in no way answered the question?!?!? :P

The question was, if not Hamilton and Button, then Button and who?

Sorry! If Vettel is available, he's the hot choice , If not, Paul Di Resta or even the Hulk.

The fact that you deliberately tried to bait Kimi fans is the issue, not you having an opinion...

You just need to stop reading so much into what people post, and just accept F1 for what it is. Just a meaningless sport.

I'll leave it at that.

[quote name='JHS18' timestamp='1326916861' post='339701']
You just need to stop reading so much into what people post, and just accept F1 for what it is. Just a meaningless sport.

I'll leave it at that.
[/quote]
If you believe it is a meaningless sport, perhaps you should post elsewhere. This is a forum where we discuss a sport we love, good or bad. Your cynical tongue is wasted here. Try politics or softball.

Can we all just be nice and respectful and considerate and loving and wonderful little disciples of this beautiful forum in the glorious thread that I put no real effort into creating? Thanks.

I'd be curious, in an effort to steer this on topic, as to what everyone's absolute boldest (do you see the irony? SEE IT?! Hipster Massa loves irony) prediction for 2012 is. Go!

Can we all just be nice and respectful and considerate and loving and wonderful little disciples of this beautiful forum in the glorious thread that I put no real effort into creating? Thanks.

Maybemf_tongue.gif

Maybemf_tongue.gif

For me the key for McLaren driver lineup in 2013 is Ricciardo! Yes, I´m not nuts (unless for this words!) If Ricciardo perform as expected in TR then Marco will give him the ride of his life alongside Vettel; if not RB 2013 will be vettel+Hamilton and mclaren Button+Rosberg or DiResta

For me the key for McLaren driver lineup in 2013 is Ricciardo! Yes, I´m not nuts (unless for this words!) If Ricciardo perform as expected in TR then Marco will give him the ride of his life alongside Vettel; if not RB 2013 will be vettel+Hamilton and mclaren Button+Rosberg or DiResta

I like you but you are nuts tongue.gif

Did I already predict Jean-Eric Vergne to beat Daniel Ricciardo? If not, there it is. Maybe it's a hope over a prediction because I prefer Vergne's supposed work ethic to Ricciardo's1, but hey, I've been dead right before about young drivers...

...in NASCAR. Remember that dumbass who predicted Vettel would never accomplish anything?

1 Someone I know who seems to know something claims that his lack of performance in WSR this year stemmed from his inability to win the title as he was going to miss rounds for his Friday driving duties. He felt confident enough that he had a clear path to F1 anyway, so he didn't really dig deep in the races he did in 2011. He wasn't wrong; he did have a path to F1 regardless. However, there's just something about a racing driver who doesn't bust their *** off to win every race they run anyway that sort of bothers me...

...but there's probably something about me trusting my source as fact that bothers all of you, so hey, we'll call it even (in my opinion, he was with the best team in WSR, and had a full season's experience, and that makes it more believable to me) and see what he's made of next year. ;)

Still, my Red Bull hatred aside, and my dislike of how they manage their young drivers' program (to be fair they're one of the few that actually do anything for young drivers, so beggars can't be choosers), I do think STR has one of the more interesting lineups for 2012.

I can't say much about di Resta; I only saw him a few times. All the accounts are positive, but I'm not ready to trust them given the nation of origin. British drivers are always well-hyped, and some of them truly deserve that for their talents, but not always. So I'll wait until I've seen more than two and one half races with Paul in them.

Rosberg...I guess if McLaren wants to enter a world where their drivers don't battle each other. As long as I've known, McLaren has not liked to have a clear number one or two; yes, they might do things to manipulate a situation to be one and two, or whatever, but they don't specifically hire a driver that is not as good as the other. They hire two equal ones and try to let them battle it out and eventually they may back one over the other. I understand the Kovalainen thing is a nice counter-example, so it wouldn't be unprecedented, but I just don't see them doing that, unless Rosberg is warming the seat.

And that's possible. McLaren have ties to the very fast but massively unlucky Kevin Magnussen, who will drive for Carlin in the WSR next year and if he can keep it all together, he could be a really good one. Carlin were backed by Marussia last year through Robert Wickens; McLaren provides technical support to Marussia now. I have to speculate based on absolutely nothing that there might be some sort of multi-year-plan to progress Magnussen from WSR to Friday driver at Marussia to race driver at Marussia to McLaren provided his performances are good enough every step of the way.

I'm talking out of my ***.

Did I already predict Jean-Eric Vergne to beat Daniel Ricciardo? If not, there it is. Maybe it's a hope over a prediction because I prefer Vergne's supposed work ethic to Ricciardo's1, but hey, I've been dead right before about young drivers...

...in NASCAR. Remember that dumbass who predicted Vettel would never accomplish anything?

1 Someone I know who seems to know something claims that his lack of performance in WSR this year stemmed from his inability to win the title as he was going to miss rounds for his Friday driving duties. He felt confident enough that he had a clear path to F1 anyway, so he didn't really dig deep in the races he did in 2011. He wasn't wrong; he did have a path to F1 regardless. However, there's just something about a racing driver who doesn't bust their *** off to win every race they run anyway that sort of bothers me...

...but there's probably something about me trusting my source as fact that bothers all of you, so hey, we'll call it even (in my opinion, he was with the best team in WSR, and had a full season's experience, and that makes it more believable to me) and see what he's made of next year. ;)

Still, my Red Bull hatred aside, and my dislike of how they manage their young drivers' program (to be fair they're one of the few that actually do anything for young drivers, so beggars can't be choosers), I do think STR has one of the more interesting lineups for 2012.

It will be an interesting line up to watch. My bet would also be on JEV, for silly reasons which I refuse to go into :P

My boldest prediction? Renault, er, I mean, Lotus will be deemed to have used an illegal aid on their car (the ride height thing they got going on) when Ferrari realise that they can't design one themselves.

My boldest prediction? Renault, er, I mean, Lotus will be deemed to have used an illegal aid on their car (the ride height thing they got going on) when Ferrari realise that they can't design one themselves.

lol

If you believe it is a meaningless sport, perhaps you should post elsewhere. This is a forum where we discuss a sport we love, good or bad. Your cynical tongue is wasted here. Try politics or softball.

It's meaningless because in the wider spectrum of the world, there's more important things in life than getting butt-hurt over a someone's opinion of your favourite driver. I like F1, but if some people can't take someone else's opinion of their favourite drivers without throwing a tantrum, then I'll gladly post at another forum thanks.

Get a grip.

No one take this personally, because I have a lot of respect for everyone who posts here and I have my lapses too, but sometimes we all need a reminder:

We all need to be mindful that, while you can address the people from time to time, the threads are still about the points being made. It's a thread about 2012 predictions, not about us. Let's all stay cool, treat people well, be aware of what our own actions, etc. There aren't many of us here, and everyone who still is knows things about each other on a more personal level, and I think we're all pretty friendly and good people. So let's be careful not to derail threads, because remember, prospective members do visit this forum and they are looking for 1) F1 discussion and 2) a nice sense of community. We are more than capable of both, because that's what we do 99.9% of the time.

I am not calling anyone out, this applies to myself as well as everyone else at various times in varying threads, just trying to give everyone a friendly reminder that you get out what you put in. We ought to all strive to generate the forum atmosphere and discussions that we desire.

Thanks. :)

We had talked a bit about who would go to McLaren to replace Hamilton if he left...

...and no one said a certain Finnish driver who I talk about below and all I can really say to that is...

Didn't McLaren make him an offer after his Ferrari days? Was the split amicable, or does it not even matter given the new management? Anyone know why he turned it down? All I'm saying is if I'm Whitmarsh, and Hamilton moves on to the greener pastures where the crimson cows graze, and Kimi drives the f*** out of that Lotus...I know who I'm making an offer to. That's all.

I was worried you might be talking about Kimi Räikkönen as their illegal aid, because you know, I'd find that incorrect in that sometimes his demeanor would suggest that Ferrari actually could design a Kimi for themselves. :P

I secretly like the guy, but I liked him more when he had a fauxhawk like I have because I am the best. Either go full 80s with your mullet or GTFO. ;)

No one take this personally, because I have a lot of respect for everyone who posts here and I have my lapses too, but sometimes we all need a reminder:

We all need to be mindful that, while you can address the people from time to time, the threads are still about the points being made. It's a thread about 2012 predictions, not about us. Let's all stay cool, treat people well, be aware of what our own actions, etc. There aren't many of us here, and everyone who still is knows things about each other on a more personal level, and I think we're all pretty friendly and good people. So let's be careful not to derail threads, because remember, prospective members do visit this forum and they are looking for 1) F1 discussion and 2) a nice sense of community. We are more than capable of both, because that's what we do 99.9% of the time.

I am not calling anyone out, this applies to myself as well as everyone else at various times in varying threads, just trying to give everyone a friendly reminder that you get out what you put in. We ought to all strive to generate the forum atmosphere and discussions that we desire.

Thanks. :)

I actually like the going off topic bit, but if it will appease you, I will post predictions soon... :P

I can only see Hamiton leaving for Mercedes. RBR have thei belly full of Vettel, and I don't think they are too keen of prima donnas wars as McLaren are (actually, I think it was something only Ron Dennis enjoyed, and even him only in his most masochistic days). Ferrari? Alonso might even be serious about not minding the best Kubica racing along with him and giving him a run for his money, but even in that case I doubt he would equally be as philosophical about Lewis.

Other teams? Nah. Mercedes is the only team ccapable of doing what Renault did for Nando during 2008-2009: Pamper him while at least keeping him in the upper midfield with some hope of getting to the top or at least await until a top spot is open.

In any case, very unlikely. But IF...then I'd said that Whitmarsh would not be too sad, as long as he can keep Button around and Button at least delivers at his current level. The team has been very close to the top all these years so even a small dip in RBR's performances can make Button (and Macca) champion again. Button will be an easy guy to pair with, personality wise so they will have not to worry about clashing personalities. They should wory about other stuff: they need a driver to push past the point where their engineers can take their car (this year it was painfully obvious how many times the car was there, but no driver was capable to make it walk that extra mile: Button because he just is not that kind of driver, Lewis because he had crashed two laps before that).

Sooooo...Kimi would actually be a nice option in that case, but like Lewis, you have to depend not on whether he can do it but rather on if he wants to do it. This year will be crucial. Kubica? The best option, definitely, provided the guy can keep two straigth days without losing a limb or falling down an elevator shaft. Rosberg? The guy is an enigma, but to me he still seems like a Button clone, only one that looks better than Jenson on garters. Trulli? Don't laugh, if they want to lay all their hopes on Button, Trulli would contribute with experience, knowledge and speed (provided the speed is still there, hard to judge when the guy has been driving crap all these years).

Of course, they would probably chose someone more UK friendly than the ones I mentioned (except for Kimi, Finns go along well with any nationality), but those are guys that would make interest pairings with Jenson IMHO.

Sorry, what was the question again?

I actually like the going off topic bit, but if it will appease you, I will post predictions soon... :P

:lol: Oh, I agree totally. Going off topic is a great part of TF1. I just want to make sure that the topics we go off on are respectful and good-natured, and not going off on the topic of making people feel bad about what they are posting or crossing any lines.

Of course I have no authority to make sure that happens so everyone will post whatever they want, but I think every once in a while people may need a reminder that we can't worry about the state of the forum and then come here and treat the forum like crap.

Fortunately, you always treat the forum well so whatever you post, I have no complaints.

Sorry, what was the question again?

I don't know, but for future reference I'll believe anything anyone posts as long as it includes a graph or chart so if you ever want one person on your side...:P

:lol: Oh, I agree totally. Going off topic is a great part of TF1. I just want to make sure that the topics we go off on are respectful and good-natured, and not going off on the topic of making people feel bad about what they are posting or crossing any lines.

Of course I have no authority to make sure that happens so everyone will post whatever they want, but I think every once in a while people may need a reminder that we can't worry about the state of the forum and then come here and treat the forum like crap.

Fortunately, you always treat the forum well so whatever you post, I have no complaints.

:thbup: hey, sounds like new beginnings :D

hmmmmm :eusa_think: you might be a good moderator.... :eusa_think:

I assume this prediction can be granted the honor of the first correct prediction of the year? ;)

http://www.jamesalle...m-is-not-legal/