Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

2012 Preseason Predictions Thread

It's meaningless because in the wider spectrum of the world, there's more important things in life than getting butt-hurt over a someone's opinion of your favourite driver. I like F1, but if some people can't take someone else's opinion of their favourite drivers without throwing a tantrum, then I'll gladly post at another forum thanks.

Get a grip.

Getting upset over your favourite driver doesn't make F1 meaningless per se, rather it makes that person's perspective of it somewhat one-dimensional, to a degree. Everyone throws tantrums here - from time to time. It's a sort of tantrum throwing place really. Forums generally are. They sort of.....grip you like that.

EDIT: Lost my gripmf_tongue.gif

My boldest prediction? Renault, er, I mean, Lotus will be deemed to have used an illegal aid on their car (the ride height thing they got going on) when Ferrari realise that they can't design one themselves.

It seems it's win at all cost for Ferrari this season... god knows what's going to happen because this will fail. Should be interesting..

Ahhh...fook it....now I need to make another prediction....

...now where did I put that crystal ball again....

It seems it's win at all cost for Ferrari this season... god knows what's going to happen because this will fail. Should be interesting..

It seems that Ferrari is lobbying in that area too. Nothing is left to chance. link

Here's a softball prediction for you: the USGP will be Texas Toast by June.

They have a new deal where you can reserve your seat for the next fifteen years for $5,000. It seems that, in a last-gasp effort, Bernie and friends are trying to establish themselves in the American market by becoming the American market. When you're getting this desperate to rip people off, the ship has to be sinking in a water level that was rising by scheduling it on the weekend of NASCAR's massive finale and plenty of NFL games. To paraphrase with a degree of looseness:

Think your bad credit means you'll be stuck paying $360 to sit on a dirt mound for this year's United States Grand Prix? Think again! Thanks to Circuit of the Americas Title Loans and Hair Restoration, everyone is approved to own a piece of history and guarantee his or her seat for the United States Grand Prix! Call now and we'll give you fourteen years free! Only 12,000 permanent seats were ever made, but using space age reverse mortgage technology that the government doesn't want you to know about, we can offer you a Personal Seat License for the low price of $19.99. Youjustpayaprocessingfee. No credit? No problem! Reserve your seat today!

That said, a sketchy commercial will get them on SPEED Channel a lot quicker than trying to host an F1 race would. :P

Getting upset over your favourite driver doesn't make F1 meaningless per se, rather it makes that person's perspective of it somewhat one-dimensional, to a degree. Everyone throws tantrums here - from time to time. It's a sort of tantrum throwing place really. Forums generally are. They sort of.....grip you like that.

EDIT: Lost my gripmf_tongue.gif

What utter bollocks. Right, that's it. I'm off again.

I'll be back when I remember no one gives a Sh#t that I have gone and I remember there's no where else to go.

See you tomorrow.

What utter bollocks. Right, that's it. I'm off again.

I'll be back when I remember no one gives a Sh#t that I have gone and I remember there's no where else to go.

See you tomorrow.

Hello Steve. Are you back?blush.gif

O.K. this is my prediction.

If Alonso wins 2012 WDC, some people will kiss my a$$.

This is the nicest I can get with my 2012 predictions right now.

I'll give you a serious one when I see the cars running.

:icecream:

O.K. this is my prediction.

If Alonso wins 2012 WDC, some people will kiss my a$$.

This is the nicest I can get with my 2012 predictions right now.

I'll give you a serious one when I see the cars running.

You get 10 points for breaking the dry "spell" here at TF1, but I unfortunately still can't realistically see Alonso win the championship again. That's a voodoo that will never end :snigger::whistling:

You get 10 points for breaking the dry "spell" here at TF1, but I unfortunately still can't realistically see Alonso win the championship again. That's a voodoo that will never end :snigger::whistling:

When was the last time you visited the optometrist? :)

I can see Fernando Alonso winning another championship. I can't see him doing it while the Ferrari chassis are still designed by Felipe Massa's crayon drawings.

On a related note, you would think that if Alonso truly gets everything he ever asks for like the Internet says he does, he would have asked for Stefano Domenicali to be replaced by now. I'm not saying he's the only problem they have, but it's easier to fire the coach than fire all the players. The only reasonable conclusion is that Santander didn't actually buy the team for Alonso to manipulate Massa's career for his own amusement Alonso has terrible management skills.

On a related note, you would think that if Alonso truly gets everything he ever asks for like the Internet says he does, he would have asked for Stefano Domenicali to be replaced by now.

As long as he's there, I don't think Fernando will...

[quote name='Massa' timestamp='1328028916' post='339951']
I can see Fernando Alonso winning another championship. I can't see him doing it while the Ferrari chassis are still designed by Felipe Massa's crayon drawings.

On a related note, you would think that if Alonso truly gets everything he ever asks for like the Internet says he does, he would have asked for Stefano Domenicali to be replaced by now. I'm not saying he's the only problem they have, but it's easier to fire the coach than fire all the players. The only reasonable conclusion is that [s]Santander didn't actually buy the team for Alonso to manipulate Massa's career for his own amusement[/s] Alonso has terrible management skills.
[/quote]
I'm not as well informed about F2012 as I was the past two years but I've heard they have been working on the new car since June. They have taken a different approach for the design and they have been working together with aeronautical industry.

If that is true this season is a make it or break it. Well, I know it's not too different from previous years... :(

Vettel will win, McLaren will run him a lot closer, Lewis will have a far better season, and Ferrari will be close, but still not quite close enough. Alonso will annihilate Massa again and Massa will lose his Ferrari seat. Caterham, HRT, and Virgin will stuck. And Mercedes will promise a lot and deliver little.

In short, I don't think all that much will change, but I'm hopeful that Vettel won't dominate it, and I'm also hoping McLaren and Ferrari finally figure out how RBR make their front wing flex so that it stops all the bitching in that area.

Vettel will win, McLaren will run him a lot closer, Lewis will have a far better season, and Ferrari will be close, but still not quite close enough. Alonso will annihilate Massa again and Massa will lose his Ferrari seat. Caterham, HRT, and Virgin will stuck. And Mercedes will promise a lot and deliver little.

In short, I don't think all that much will change, but I'm hopeful that Vettel won't dominate it, and I'm also hoping McLaren and Ferrari finally figure out how RBR make their front wing flex so that it stops all the bitching in that area.

There has been a massive silence from RBR of late and you can take that two ways. Either they have a real doozy under wraps and they are sandbagging or Newey is struggling and waiting to see some of the others cars before he jumps. I doubt the latter though I feel the playing field may have been levelled somewhat. The Ferrari and Force India cars look like dumpsters. The Caterham looks like, er........................a Caterham? The Macca looks immaculate but is it fast? If it is, they will run RBR to the wire.

Here's some predictable predictions:

McLaren will struggle in pre-season testing and be forced to copy Red Bull/Ferrari or both before the first race.

Alonso will win the title fight, but it'll be a close fight between him, Vettel and Button again. Webber will win a few more races but retire, Hamilton will crash into Massa, Felipe will be the guy nobody remembers in the other Ferrari again until he wins in Canada, Rosberg will win his first race at Singapore, Schumacher will score his first podium since his come back.

Raikkonen will do okay but not great, Grosjean will be very equal to or sometimes beat his more illustrious team mate, causing Kimi fans to throw a predictable tantrum and blame the car.

Vergne will be the rookie of the season, but it'll be a close in house fight between him and Ricciardo at TR all season. Vergne will get promoted alongside Vettel for '13 (see, they have the same amount of letters in their name and they both start with "Ve", it is magic!) Sauber will be next, beating Lotus and Force India, despite Hulkenberg and Grosjean's best efforts.

HRT will have gone bust before the summer break, Trulli will be replaced mid season for Petrov and go and cry over his bottles of wine, Marussia will be nowhere and Glock will quit having grown fed up of three years of lies and bullsh*t. Williams will end up with a big repair bill after a season of crashes for overall nice guy Bruno Senna and Pastor Pasta Maldonado.

There has been a massive silence from RBR of late and you can take that two ways. Either they have a real doozy under wraps and they are sandbagging or Newey is struggling and waiting to see some of the others cars before he jumps. I doubt the latter though I feel the playing field may have been levelled somewhat. The Ferrari and Force India cars look like dumpsters. The Caterham looks like, er........................a Caterham? The Macca looks immaculate but is it fast? If it is, they will run RBR to the wire.

very quiet. I hope Newey has been working on how to curb that stepped down front-nose montrosity. I just can't wait to see the car! Their silence is a good sign to me though...

Nico Hülkenberg will win 7 championships in 2012.

I've always considered him overrated, but I realize now that I am wrong.

Michael Schumacher got his big break when Bertrand Gachot lost his ride over legal troubles involving CS gas, which is close enough to champagne. Now, Hülkenberg replaces Sutil, not under identical circumstances but certainly doubts over Sutil's status made him harder to employ. It's meant to be, even more so if Sutil goes to IndyCar as he is considering, since Gachot, too, took that path for a time.

I told you, years ago, Lewis Hamilton would be the next Jacques Villeneuve. Second as a rookie, champion second year, never heard from again, and sure enough, Lewis has taken an interest in having a music career. ;)

I predict Vettel will win again but the other drivers will catch up and it will be more competitive.

The edge Vettel has is he is even more experienced and should still have one of the more consistent cars and the others need to catch up.

At least Hamilton should have a better season to improve things.

Catterhan will score points with Kovi, truli will most likely lose his seat.

Maurussia will yet again run 2nd to last infront of a test driver HRT.

Sauber and williams will be trailing towards the back consistently being out of the points and fighting between themselves.

Torro rosso & Force India will be fighting for the ede of the points. Hulkenberg & Riciardo getting the better of their respective teammates.

Mercedes & lotus will round out the points consistently with Kimi and Nico leading the charge for both teams and a few surprising podiums and qualifying results.

Ferrari will be a comfortable 3rd with Alonso out shining Massa and getting more then should be possible out of the car.

Mclaren is a tough one. They'll hopefully bridge the gap to red bull even more and I'm expecting another stroller season from Button with Hamilton improving and battling for more wins.

Red Bull won't have the dominance of last year but I still see vettel getting those amazing pole laps to set up his races. Webber will get to grips with the car alot quicker and still be outshines but will consistently finish in the top 4.

Hopefully a far more exciting championship chase as the majority of races weren't boring just the championship title.

Some really really interesting news don't you guys think??????? Is Mclaren in trouble??? Or is it that the rounds going around that Lotus is a serious contender may be valid, this of course from the early signs of testing...

"And when referring to his 1.19, Hamilton admitted that the lap was set while McLaren was being “aggressive”, implying that he was light on fuel. If so, the MP4-27 is at least a full second off Lotus’ Jerez pace."

http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/407285/Hamilton_quietly_concerned_about_2012_McLaren/

Easy, Tiger.

Count to ten, and take a deep breath :P

I believe that the Macca front end is a pure evolution of the last few years, and what they lose in air-routing / downforce generation of a higher nose, they make up for with the wing thing between the front wing pylons. More a case of "more than one way to skin a cat", than, "dammit Shirly, we took a wrong turn...again"

Also, whilst Hamilton might extract speed from a car, I think, IMHO, that he is more of a "drive around a problem" driver, than an "engineer out the problem" sort of driver...and Button is the opposite.

I'll go out on a limb here, and say Button is going to beat Hamilton again this season.

Easy, Tiger.

Count to ten, and take a deep breath :P

I believe that the Macca front end is a pure evolution of the last few years, and what they lose in air-routing / downforce generation of a higher nose, they make up for with the wing thing between the front wing pylons. More a case of "more than one way to skin a cat", than, "dammit Shirly, we took a wrong turn...again"

Also, whilst Hamilton might extract speed from a car, I think, IMHO, that he is more of a "drive around a problem" driver, than an "engineer out the problem" sort of driver...and Button is the opposite.

I'll go out on a limb here, and say Button is going to beat Hamilton again this season.

I tend to agree on most you say xcept the last part, and what is my main gripe against Button. Is not that I do not consider him a great driver (he obviously is and I am not that blind as not to notice) I even like Button's more aggressive personality of late. But I still can't help to think that all that and Jenson's quality leap last year owes as much to Hamilton's dip as to his own skill. Actually, I think he owes more to Hamilton's dip than his own growth (again, IMHO). Much like Massa with Kimi (no, I don't think JB is like Massa, only the general situation is similar, JB is years light better than poor old Felipinho)

Still, I think JB needs to grow a lot more as to be able to shine for himself even against the best Lewis. And for the sport's sake I hope the best Lewis comes back. And, for me, the best Lewis is not the banzai overtaker of last year. We have other drivers capable of doing that. Saying that that was "entertaining" was a poor excuse for watching true talent being wasted.

If Lewis can/wants to set his mind on F1, then McLaren's car vs car struggle will be the best spectacle of the season, even if the car does not deliver as expected.